Thread: New Druid Query

New Druid Query

Hello all! I started a druid recently and got him to 30, and really enjoyed resto and balance. However, my friend recently quit and offered to give me his druid which is level 80. While I already have a 90 and know the game fairly well, will jumping into the druid at level 80 leave me at a disadvantage since I didn't level the class fully and don't really know it? I feel like I'm having it handed to me on a silver platter, and I may not be able to adequately play it because I missed out on the leveling experience, learning the ropes and such. Also, the fact that I personally didn't level it makes me feel like I didn't really earn it. Anyone have any advice (aside for the number of a competent shrink lol :P)? Thanks!

I can't speak for not feeling like you own the character but I can say that I leveled my druid in wrath only through dungeon grinding as bear. Then once I hit 80, I learned cat and tree. I didn't really learn boomie until DS. So I can def say you can learn the other specs from an end game perspective and love it.

Advice? Pick a class and read its guide (from this forum). If its a dps class go play on dummies till u get comfortable with the rotation. If its a healer you could prob go heal BGs (since if you die/messup it won't wipe ur group) and when u get confortable go do dungeons? Also, you can buy boes to help a bit...

You'll get enough experience while leveling from 80 to 90.
    Just leveled a new alt and levleing from 80 to 90 took me near the same time as leveling 1-80.

I would prefer to have my own alt on my own account though...

Quote Originally Posted by Eryximachus View Post
    However, my friend recently quit and offered to give me his druid which is level 80. While I already have a 90 and know the game fairly well, will jumping into the druid at level 80
    $100 says he's back in a month :P but as to your question, as others said 80-90 is plenty of time to learn a class. With my 80s and 85s I feel like I have to completely re-learn them when I go to level them to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend you to just continue lvling your own druid. Not because of learning and stuff. But just because of the feel of it being your own druid.