Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Do hunters still have the same feel as before?

    I played a hunter since late vanilla and through all the xpacs minus mists, I will probably pick up WoW again during winter break (grades are important or something). But I was wondering if hunters still have the same feel as before, or if people feel this xpac has changed them?

  2. #2
    Dreadlord Damsbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen
    Posts
    857
    I feel better.. No more minimum range. Although, with all the stuns going on, it almost doesn't matter (pvp). More selfheal is good.. So you know, same problems with other names. So yeah, same old feeling..
    I like juice

  3. #3
    Mechagnome SanderZammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Take a guess... no, NOT THERE! You and your dirty mind.
    Posts
    734
    More to keep track of in my opinion... Cooldowns etc (mostly from the new talents), and although this might just be me switching to BM since start of MoP, I feel like I have to watch my pet more than before. Still feels relatively similar though, and still enjoying it very much.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Shirohibiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    458
    Lots of new CD's, no minimum range, and moving while casting Cobra/Steady Shot. Otherwise it feels basically the same. I love my hunter.
    (Multiple fandom-y things/my artwork)

  5. #5
    Banned Temporary Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting between bans
    Posts
    418
    You know when you used to beat the crap out of mages ? It's the other way around now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    You know when you used to beat the crap out of mages ? It's the other way around now.
    I approve this message.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    You know when you used to beat the crap out of mages ? It's the other way around now.
    Your signature is awesome.

    As for the original question: Yes, it still feels mostly the same to me.


  8. #8
    Aside from the 16 buttons that have to be utilized in our rotations, then we're not half-bad now.

    But that's pretty hard to overlook.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    Your signature is awesome.
    As for the original question: Yes, it still feels mostly the same to me.
    On a random note: Why is my signature icon topless and why does it still show me being in a friend's guild. >.<
    Do these not update?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 04:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Aside from the 16 buttons that have to be utilized in our rotations, then we're not half-bad now.
    But that's pretty hard to overlook.
    I never understood how people can still have the same stereotypes about hunters in terms of shot priorities and skill level as players in general (eg thinking we have like 1 button to spam and how we're all terrible at the game).
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-06 at 11:53 AM.

  10. #10
    Hunters feel 100% better playwise than in the past. Aside from a few gripes (mainly our continued lack of scaling and viable damage) I am actually pretty happy with how the class plays. This is still my favorite class to play after all these years.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Aouraven View Post
    I played a hunter since late vanilla and through all the xpacs minus mists, I will probably pick up WoW again during winter break (grades are important or something). But I was wondering if hunters still have the same feel as before, or if people feel this xpac has changed them?
    I've always loved Hunters in WoW. It has been a class I have played since I got into the game years back. I loved Hunters during WTLK and even though it wasn't polished and still was all over the place, it was still quite a fun class overall. You had the smaller things to keep track of, like feeding your pets, keeping them happy, etc. Classic Hunters would really have loved this class and some still do. I still miss Volley.

    A lot changed during Cataclysm. I thought they finally perfected it in most regards. It was really sad that they made it quite dumb; they removed every interaction you had with your pets, and to top it off, you now had your pet on "assist" stance cause certain huntard pets would aggro random mobs. So if Hunters were the "noob" class pre Cata, they were completely face roll in Cata. But I thought the introduction of Focus was pretty cool. You finally had a rotation to keep track of which was a plus. However, I felt they were an expansion too late removing the minimum range. Cata was probably the best time for Hunters especially towards the tail end when SV became the raiding spec. I was never a fan of MM cause it found its rotation too clustered.

    Fast Forward to Mists and you get a completely broken class. Its a classic case of "fixing something that wasn't broken". They went and went bat shit crazy with BM and gave it OP spells/skills and completely neglected MM/SV. My DPS literally went down after the changes. Also the rotation was literally too underwhelming even though they didn't change much. There were simply too many CDs to keep track of as a Hunter especially since Hunters were one of the classes with the fewest CDs pre Mists. SV became really boring and a snooze fest. You were forced into taking BM even though you didn't like it only cause it was so OP.

    I think there are other better classes out there that are a lot more fun these days. I picked up a Warrior just before I left the game and I must say that they are a lot of fun. I only remember attempting to level a Warrior a long time back but gave up after 10 levels, cause they were soo boring and you were often rage starved.

    Monks seem to be the "in" thing right now as well. I had really good fun levelling mine. I managed to get to level 20 before quitting. However, I found their DPS to be a bit low. But they are a pretty engaging class and you have a few things to keep track off.

  12. #12
    We went from a pretty smooth class to a keyboard smashing class, way to many CD's.
    Or well, the amount of CD's ain't the problem, it's that bloody readiness that makes it feel clumsy because you need to do everything twice and that is ALOT compared to other classes.
    Take BM's opener for an example ->

    1. HM
    2. Serpent sting
    3. Rapid Fire + Stampede
    4. a Muder of Crows
    5. Dire Beast
    4. Bestial wrath
    5. Kill command
    6. Glaive toss
    7. Arcane shots untill kill command is of cd, then throw that and ->
    8. Readiness
    9. Kill Command
    10. Glaive toss
    11. Dire beast
    12. Bestial wrath

    And so on, way to much keyboard smashing...
    The opener is just an example so don't QQ if it ain't optimal.

  13. #13
    It's horrible, readiness is a terrible baseline ability.

  14. #14
    Contrary to the general consensus of hunters, I love where hunters are and I have no problems with the large amount of buttons/keybinds we require.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  15. #15
    Now that our lack of dps is fixed, my hunter feels more fun than ever before. Played it for 7years and mop has brought a lot of very good QoL changes to our class.
    While you're gearing in heroics, it will feel clumpsy but once over ilvl460 it will feel like a very smooth killing machine again. We have a lot more skills to use than ever before during a fight but it doesn't bother me a lot.
    I do miss that we lost the selfheal on ferocity pets while doing quests. But at least now mending has a reason to be on the action bar again.

  16. #16
    Banned Temporary Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting between bans
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    Now that our lack of dps is fixed, my hunter feels more fun than ever before. Played it for 7years and mop has brought a lot of very good QoL changes to our class.
    While you're gearing in heroics, it will feel clumpsy but once over ilvl460 it will feel like a very smooth killing machine again. We have a lot more skills to use than ever before during a fight but it doesn't bother me a lot.
    I do miss that we lost the selfheal on ferocity pets while doing quests. But at least now mending has a reason to be on the action bar again.
    Ok, mr. Blizzard employee.

  17. #17
    imo it feels worse now
    we used to have average amount of rotational spells, and it did ok damage
    now we have fucktarded amount of rotational spells, and it barely does any damage (total dps is fine, but each spell itself does close to no damage, i swear soon it will heal our opponents instead)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    imo it feels worse now
    we used to have average amount of rotational spells, and it did ok damage
    now we have fucktarded amount of rotational spells, and it barely does any damage (total dps is fine, but each spell itself does close to no damage, i swear soon it will heal our opponents instead)

    Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - December 10


    Bug Fixes

    Classes

    Hunter


    The Hunter's arcane shot will now properly heal the target for half of the damage dealt.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  19. #19
    We benched our hunters atm. We only did pvp and hunters are crap at it atm. I even cancelled my sub in lack of anything to play for pvp as both my monk and hunter are shit.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    We benched our hunters atm. We only did pvp and hunters are crap at it atm. I even cancelled my sub in lack of anything to play for pvp as both my monk and hunter are shit.
    well, at least mistweavers are fun, imo, while hunters suck in all 3 specs (again, imo)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •