Moving across country, best way to ship?

As the title says I am moving across Canada, from Saskatchewan to Vancouver BC. I am moving in with a friend for the duration of my contract I have for work which is about 7 months so I am not taking my vehicle. I will be flying and taking fairly minimal luggage.

My question is what would be the best way to transport my Desktop. I have heard horror stories from both sides, that being shipping it with a company such as UPS and taking it as cargo on the plane itself. I have a full tower case (hafx), I already know the basics for moving, taking out my two 570's and hard drives.

Just stuff it with bubble wrap and put it in the hafx original box? take it on plane? ship it with an actual shipping company? tips, opinions, horror stories? Lemme know what you guys think.

Oh my monitor aswell.

Thanks in advance for advice!

Chad

I only have one thing to say... Don't do it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use normal bubble wrap. Ordinary bubble wrap is quite excellent at producing static charge, which will wreck things.

You'd want to use anti-static bubble wrap. It's usually pink and is sold at most office supply stores.

As for how, I'd personally send it via purpolator. They're quicker, cheaper, and safer than United Punting Service and also quite likely safer than airline cargo.

Original packages and send as fragile surface mail. Should be cheap-ish and relative safe.

Remember that computer manufacturers ship those boxes every day to customers.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Do not ship it with the heatsink and expansion cards attached to the motherboard. Ship them separately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Do not ship it with the heatsink and expansion cards attached to the motherboard. Ship them separately.
    this. 100% this

if you can't ship them separately, stuff the inside of your case with newspaper so that nothing can move around (or any anti-static packing material), but shipping them separately would be best
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right