Remember, Blizzard takes botting seriously

Fear the unimaginable repercussions... of the 3 hour ban!

what were you doing to get a 3 hour ban? i didnt even think that they did a 3 hour ban
    Last edited by Yasom; 2012-12-05 at 11:52 PM. Reason: jokes i didnt read the title of the thread -_-
    I need about tree fiddy

seems the title was sarcastic, sadly since botters pay they wont do anything serious...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a 1 hour ban in Vanilla for interrupting an RP marriage in Stormwind Cathedral, I don't see how a 3 hour ban if botting was involved is justified in any way.., maybe there is some truth to all the speculations about them not actually wanting to address the issue on a serious level, because it's so widely spread to actually be felt on the monthly subscription income...

That suspension volcano is so false!

I recently had 3 holiday's from the public forum, the first was 24h, second was 1 month, and the 3rd was permanent, but was appealed and cancelled after 3 months.., the suspension you can get on forums is entirely up to the blue in question and how he deems your "violation" of their code of conduct.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-12-05 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I am trembling in fear! my botting days are over! oh woe is me!

PS: im joking i don't even know where to get a bot from let alone how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Repeat infractions give higher punishments, though:
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...ount-penalties
    Account Closure

Accounts are closed when a player has excessively or grossly violated our policies.

Botting is not considered grossly violating their policies.

3 Hour Suspension
    3 Hour suspensions are most often assigned when the player has repeated an action they have been previously warned for.

Botting is considered on par with swearing at someone in trade chat!

that ban was not for botting....if you read it, it was for exploiting Battlegounds to gain honor in a way you should not be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    that ban was not for botting....if you read it, it was for exploiting Battlegounds to gain honor in a way you should not be able to.
    "MAY INCLUDE BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO"

Welcome to copy pasted warning emails.

Yes, and that exploiting honor was running Honorbuddy in AV.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    like... with a bot?

I was perma banned once for being smart and buying/trading mass amounts of things on the AH. But my friend was blatantly botting on multiple accounts and was suspended for 3 days.

Also that was my first offense ever and was perma banned for, "Association with other exploitative accounts" which to this day still don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    Also that was my first offense ever and was perma banned for, "Association with other exploitative accounts" which to this day still don't understand.
    Maybe you replied in trade to someone who swore at an RP celebration of killing a dragon.

OT: Honestly, a 3 hour ban is probably the best approach to it. There is SO many people botting right now and I gaurantee 90% of them are long-time players who are just jumping on the bandwagon and assume they wont get caught. Imagine the outrage if all of these people got the perma-bans they deserve, that'd be a lot of players never playing again. A 3 hour ban is likely enough of a slap-on-the-wrists that a lot of the people wont do it again, and to the people who will carry on, the second time will likely be account closure.

Deleted
    I have a feeling you're not telling us the whole story.

nobody gets a 3 hour ban just for botting. there probably were some racial slurs involved or death threats.

just visited the bgbuddy forum, what an interesting read. Botters are ridiculing Blizzard openly there, and why shouldnt they
    and the bots are actuallly pretty cheap.... :-)
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-12-06 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    I have a feeling you're not telling us the whole story.

nobody gets a 3 hour ban just for botting. there probably were some racial slurs involved or death threats.

just visited the bgbuddy forum, what an interesting read. Botters are ridiculing Blizzard openly there, and why shouldnt they
    and the bots are actuallly pretty cheap.... :-)
    This. It's apparent the OP doesn't have a clue of the usual suspension botters get (72-hours, repeat offense -> account closure)
    Needs to change the title.

I received this email for using honorbuddy bot also XD

http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbu...d-bgbuddy.html

The honorbuddy people said it was an autoban for player reports but im 99% certain it wasn't. Bliz just doesn't seem to care/deal with bg botters =P
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Account Closure

Accounts are closed when a player has excessively or grossly violated our policies.

Botting is not considered grossly violating their policies.

3 Hour Suspension
    3 Hour suspensions are most often assigned when the player has repeated an action they have been previously warned for.

Botting is considered on par with swearing at someone in trade chat!
    i've actually gotten punished more harshly for having a filthy mouth then i have seen people i know bot punished for botting when they got caught.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quite funny i got banned for 72 hours for joking about kitties but got a 3 hour ban for cheating in WSG for months and sending death treaths.

Oh btw 72 hours ban was in TBC, guess theres so many botters playing now banning them permanently would make the game more and more dead.

I know people loves to argue but man, think logic. Why would Blizzard ban us for 3 hours now while they banned us for like one week in TBC for breaking a small rule such as saying the F word?

I mean you cant argue against me without bringing a good point why they banned us so easily in TBC but rarely even gives out a 3 hour ban without a warning for people ruining the game now. There has to be something in this.

Deleted
    I've gotten longer suspensions (R/D'ed) in Diablo 2 for muling on my own.

Nothing comparable, just wanted to throw mine.

Deleted
    A friend just told me he got a 3 hour ban for exploiting and he could still log in.

-.-

They are doing a very lazy half-assed job, the sooner everyone realizes this the easier it will be.