Thread: Motivation.

Motivation.

Hi,

So, I typed out a huge long post with reasons as to why ive not been working out recently, but its all irrelevant.

quite simply, after time off from the gym for medical reasons, Im wanting to get back into it, but after months off.. I feel so unfit.
    Im lifting way less, running less etc, and It has just killed my motivation. was going at 4 x per week at least before..

now I'm wanting to get back to that, I have free time so its not an issue in that regard. Its simply that I cannot get motivated.

I feel like I've backslid and its simply 'too much' to get back..

so, any tips/advice?

Deleted
    Often times you return to, say, 80% of your former strength, rather quickly. It's just a matter of dedication, you can't expect to get fit whilst doing half-arsed workouts with poor diet and rest.
    Just drag yourself back there for a week or two and you'll soon get back on track, believe me - I've been there!

It's pretty hard man, I've experienced that. I think the best thing to do, if possible, is to have some workout partner or someone you can at least talk to workouts about. It's a lot easier to get motivated when you're going to have someone that gives a crap about what you've done, at least for me.

The other thing might be to start your cardio with zone training. You'll go slow, but there's an actual reason for it, so you don't have to feel bad. You'll build up nicely that way too.

The weights... meh, coming back is hard. I just started lifting again for the first time in awhile the other day and was struck by how weak I was. When you just suck it up and do it, your muscles will feel good though.

15+ Year Old Account
    my suggestion would be to find a friend to go with you, ideally someone who will be doing similar stuff for you (my gym has just started doing a buddy system which looks quite good)

You and your friend end up pushing each other that little bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    my suggestion would be to find a friend to go with you, ideally someone who will be doing similar stuff for you (my gym has just started doing a buddy system which looks quite good)

You and your friend end up pushing each other that little bit further.
    This is probably your best bet,

although my cousin wanted to start again and couldn't get motivated, he wasn't big at all, but did have a "beer belly" he wanted to get rid of, anyways he was messing around one night, took a picture of himself pulling a flex pose messing around with his little cousin, and he noticed he did actually have a bigger beer belly than he though, and he started right back at the gym and dieting, hes now got his 6 pack back

If you do go again though, I suggest you start back at one or two times a week, before going back full time, otherwise your risking injuring yourself again
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's pretty hard man, I've experienced that. I think the best thing to do, if possible, is to have some workout partner or someone you can at least talk to workouts about. It's a lot easier to get motivated when you're going to have someone that gives a crap about what you've done, at least for me.

The other thing might be to start your cardio with zone training. You'll go slow, but there's an actual reason for it, so you don't have to feel bad. You'll build up nicely that way too.

The weights... meh, coming back is hard. I just started lifting again for the first time in awhile the other day and was struck by how weak I was. When you just suck it up and do it, your muscles will feel good though.
    I agree with you and I am saying this because I myself experience this before, it is like a competition or we can say commitment that plays very important role to motivate for working out.

www.gym-pact.com <-- Fun little app that might motivate you a little more. If you skip one of your gym days, it takes $5 from your account at the end of the week. If you go to all of your gym days in a week, it gives you a few dollars at the end of the week.

But yea, I'm just mentioning it because you've probably heard all of the motivational speech before. Don't know what else to tell you. Just do it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.