Prot t14 4p bonus

Hey there fellow tankadins!
    So, tonight i got my 4th tier piece, and when i put it on, i saw that i only got 10% of the 52% dmg reduction on Shield of the Righteous extra so it went up to an AMAZING!!!!!!! 55%.
    Well no, it instantly made me turn my headpiece into a token again as it just seems to be really horrible, especially considering how poor the stats on our tier pieces currently are.
    I can see how 2 piece is good, i just cant see how a meager 3% dmg reduction during shield of the righteous is ANY good when i look at the loss of hit haste expertise and mastery. The only decently itemised piece seems to me to be shoulders (prolly due to our current stats not being what blizz wanted but who knows)

Anyways back on topic, as ret we get a 65 sec cd reduction on avengers, as prot we get stats that are crap and shouldnt be sought out, and a small dmg reduction bonus on shield of the righteous.

Now looking at all tanks set bonus, they all appear to be not so good, maybe should've been 2 piece bonuses idk.

So would it be worth it to change from my current gear http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c3%a2ge/simple into 4 piece with http://www.wowhead.com/item=86663 (t14 chestpiece rf) and http://www.wowhead.com/item=85321 (t14 headpiece normal)

Wait it doesn't add 10%? Go from 40% to 50% for example? Also wouldn't 52% goto 57-58%?[
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2012-12-06 at 06:01 AM.

I pretty sure it doesn't update the tooltip because when I got my 4p my reduction on the tooltip didnt change at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    So, tonight i got my 4th tier piece, and when i put it on, i saw that i only got 10% of the 52% dmg reduction on Shield of the Righteous extra so it went up to an AMAZING!!!!!!! 55%.
    That makes no sense at all. Even if it was a percentage increase of the value of damage reduction you currently have, your damage reduction would have went up to 57.2%, not 55%. It most just doesn't show on the tooltip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    That makes no sense at all. Even if it was a percentage increase of the value of damage reduction you currently have, your damage reduction would have went up to 57.2%, not 55%. It most just doesn't show on the tooltip.
    Perhaps he lost ALOT(!) of mastery in replacing the piece with tier. Unlikely though. What value of damage mitigation does it say in the actual buff that's applied ingame (hovering mouse over the icon)

currently with old chest or head (thooose i was swapping) i go from 46% dmg reduction pre bom, after bom 51%.
    Removing thoose 2 items i drop down to 45% dmg reduction pre bom, and after bom i go up to 50% dmg reduction
    Now with 4 set (loosing some mastery, like 1500) i sit at 50% pre bom and 55% after blessing of might is applied.
    Looking at it after a sound sleep it might be worth it just seems really weak for a 4 set bonus

So it isnt a flat 10% extra as i had hoped it would be as that would make it decent and not just this that is half of that at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    currently with old chest or head (thooose i was swapping) i go from 46% dmg reduction pre bom, after bom 51%.
    Removing thoose 2 items i drop down to 45% dmg reduction pre bom, and after bom i go up to 50% dmg reduction
    Now with 4 set (loosing some mastery, like 1500) i sit at 50% pre bom and 55% after blessing of might is applied.
    Looking at it after a sound sleep it might be worth it just seems really weak for a 4 set bonus

So it isnt a flat 10% extra as i had hoped it would be as that would make it decent and not just this that is half of that at best.
    That makes more sense then. Shame it's not a flat out 10% increase as i thought it meant, but 10% of your current damage reduction. Still 5% increased damage reduction buff shouldnt be sniffed at - it's quite a lot of mastery equivalant (cba to work it out ~3000 mastery maybe). As such it's worth picking up imo.

yep, 44% to 48%