Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why the Mist gone? why now?

Hey everyone, I still didn't get any solid answer about why the mist from Pandaria gone? and specially why now? what is the cause of it's disappearance?

Some folks speculate it's something similar to how the comflouge device of Uldum gone (or damaged) from the Cataclysm and Deathwing. However, I think this is not true because the timeline between the start of cataclysm and Mist of pandaria I think at least some years and durning the years of cata storyline lore there was no news about any new uncovered contiuent of Pandaria at all....or could it be because they were busy with the Twilight hammer and Deathwing? hmmm not sure...

What I do think the real reason maybe because of the death of all dragon aspects (yes not entirely dead except for Deathwing but they are mortals now and can no longer have the aspect dragon power anymore)...who knows this is just my speculation.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

Somehow before the Shattering dissipated the magic that kept Pandaria hidden since the Great Sundering, some pandaren emerged from the bamboo forests of their ancestors to bring their unique fighting style (and robust ales) to the rest of Azeroth.[2]
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Pandaria

The Shattering did get rid of the mists that hid Pandaria. Also, the time skip between Cata and MoP is only a year.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The mist went away because of the Cataclysm. We just didn't notice it before now because we weren't in that part of the world at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post

The Shattering did get rid of the mists that hid Pandaria. Also, the time skip between Cata and MoP is only a year.
    If that's 100% true then why there was like almost no clue about it durning the Cataclysm storyline? I know maybe they were busy with Deathwing and the Twilight hammer but still...there is no way in hell that all of Azeroth society were just focusing on nothing but Deathwing got what I mean?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It can simply be explained by that it is in the far south of the world, most of the trade goes between the northern and central parts of the world so few ships would have passed that far south.

How come the Americas weren't "discovered" for so long? Someone had to run into it first.

(in quotes because the Vikings and nomadic Asiatic peoples that crossed the Bering Straight land bridge don't count)
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    If that's 100% true then why there was like almost no clue about it durning the Cataclysm storyline? I know maybe they were busy with Deathwing and the Twilight hammer but still...there is no way in hell that all of Azeroth society were just focusing on nothing but Deathwing got what I mean?
    Because they aren't going to tell us what the next expansion is while we are in the middle or beginning of the current one. Toward the end, sure, but come on OP. I'm sure you're not THAT dense. The Shattering DID remove the mist. It's said in multiple quests including the lorewalkers quests, which I wager you either didn't do or didn't pay attention to.

Think of it like the World of Warcraft YOU play is only one story and narration. Even if Pandaria had been discovered while Deathwing was alive, it doesn't mean YOUR character, or anyone in the alliance new about it until YOU discovered it. For god's sake, suspend with disbelief for one damn second and just let it happen. It's supposed to be a fantasy world. In a video game. The Shattering removed the mists, and right up at the very end of Cataclysm we discovered Pandaria. Is that really that hard to believe?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure we havnt discovered all the islands on our plant why should it be any different for WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post

Could you point me to a source for this? The timeline for WoW has always confused me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Could you point me to a source for this? The timeline for WoW has always confused me.
    yeah an entire year of total war seems like a pretty big gap
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Because Blizz decided to make an expansion centered around it lol...

---deleted---

Has anyone else noticed that the Sha drop "Vials of Swirling Mist"?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Am I the only one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

the mists seperated right around the time the therqamore event happened all we know is that something during cataclysm did it we dont know exactly how or why

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:05 PM ----------

actually chris metzen said that all expansions are a year
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the mists seperated right around the time the therqamore event happened all we know is that something during cataclysm did it we dont know exactly how or why
    apprantly to the Jade Serpent there is probably a reason why it happened right now
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually chris metzen said that all expansions are a year
    I remember that much, but that doesn't say anything about potential time skips.

I remember that much, but that doesn't say anything about potential time skips.
    Maybe time skips weren't the best choice of words but you understand what I meant.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    When there's a global catastrophe of SUCH a scale, I wouldn't be surprised if they were focused solely on deathwing and the cataclysm. I mean, look at all the zones in the game, much of their storyline revolves around repairing the broken world and helping those who were affected by it.

It's because the Mists coalesced into the Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    It's because the Mists coalesced into the Sha.
    Don't put things like this, someone will believe it..