Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    LFR is a cesspit, probably a few good people mixed with the social reject community of wow, all the ninjas, entitlement buttheads, elitists (in a lfr, lol) and every other negative aspect of wow cramped in one 25man group.
    The best thing you can do with a LFR, is go in, don't say a word, do half decent dps or healing, get in, get out, end of.
    I would say it can be a cesspit when you get a few of the social reject community of wow, ninjas, entitlement buttheads, elitists (in a lfr, lol) and every other negative aspect of wow cramped in one 25man group, but mainly it is good, casual players. I have had far more good runs than bad ones

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Let me guess, you're the "genius" mentioned by OP? Because you show exactly same inability to read.
    No, I'm simply looking passed the bullcrap.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    I would say it can be a cesspit when you get a few of the social reject community of wow, ninjas, entitlement buttheads, elitists (in a lfr, lol) and every other negative aspect of wow cramped in one 25man group, but mainly it is good, casual players. I have had far more good runs than bad ones
    Unfortunately you only remember the bad runs.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:59 PM ----------

    What I love about LFR is the pro's taking bets on how many will fall in Elegon's pit but no one tells players when or how to avoid the pit and then bitch and point fingers at the noobs for falling in. The Pro's are basically setting the party up for fail and then blaming someone else.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Unfortunately you only remember the bad runs.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:59 PM ----------

    What I love about LFR is the pro's taking bets on how many will fall in Elegon's pit but no one tells players when or how to avoid the pit and then bitch and point fingers at the noobs for falling in. The Pro's are basically setting the party up for fail and then blaming someone else.
    Not sure what you consider "pros" but every week when I run Elegon I spam the following:

    DPS ORBS
    MORE DPS ON ORBS
    DPS ORBS HARDER
    GET OUT
    FLOOR IS FALLING GET OUT
    KILL PILLARS
    KILL ADDS
    BACK ON BOSS
    KILL ORBS

    rinse repeat.

    Haven't wiped since the first week.

  5. #105
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,321
    God dammit, I run LFR every week and I can't understand where are you guys getting these terrible groups? I see maybe 1 kick per week, not counting the AFK people. I can't believe I'm so lucky to consistently have decent groups.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Not sure what you consider "pros" but every week when I run Elegon I spam the following:

    DPS ORBS
    MORE DPS ON ORBS
    DPS ORBS HARDER
    GET OUT
    FLOOR IS FALLING GET OUT
    KILL PILLARS
    KILL ADDS
    BACK ON BOSS
    KILL ORBS

    rinse repeat.

    Haven't wiped since the first week.
    I put such people on ignore (or report them for spam which is temp ignore). I know the tactics, I don't need hand holding like that. Besides, its exactly as my bossmod tells me to as well. Don't need an echo of my bossmod. If people are too dumb to use a bossmod, let them learn the hard way.

    I was doing Brawler's Guild the other day. After I die, people tell me the tactic. I don't want you to tell the tactic, I want to figure it out myself!

    And the only sure way to never do something again is failing hard at it. Let people fall down on Elegon. They'll never repeat that mistake, ever again (OK, there are exceptions, for example someone could lag on computer/network, DC, or emergency AFK and such).

    With someone commanding you what to do, you do not learn the tactic. The telling you to do should at best be a reminder.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  7. #107
    High Overlord Nalloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    You forgot two:
    7) Don't play a tank. They are easily blamed.
    This one for sure.

    LFR can be brutal sometimes if you don't have a really thick skin (mine is getting thicker, but it's not quite leathery yet). Here's one of my experiences from last week:

    I tanked an LFR vaults run and actually had the group call me a "gangsta" in /raid because the other tank didn't know how to avoid the Emperor's Will ground AOE and I ended up tanking both of them for 2-3 minutes until the group downed it. (I took a screen shot of it since praise in an LFR group is unheard of, ha!)

    Then in the very next queue, I got put into Terrace. Cool. Again, the other tank was clueless and wasn't moving the Elder's out of the the regen puddles. I'd used taunt and tried to message him/her to move them out but they'd often pull them right back into the puddles. Even though we survived the fight, right after the boss went down, trolls in the group came out of the woodwork. It was like something out of a Monty Python with all the fire and pitchforks. Two of the DPS even /spit on me right before the vote passed and I was kicked. It definitely got my blood boiling. It made me even more mad because I let something like LFR trolls get to me.
    BrM Monk (Main): Ruktion
    Prot Warrior: Ruction

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

    Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

  8. #108
    Say nothing,

    Do nothing,

    Get on with it,

  9. #109
    I find the best way to run LFR without wanting to kill myself is to ignore everyone and just dps.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I put such people on ignore (or report them for spam which is temp ignore). I know the tactics, I don't need hand holding like that. Besides, its exactly as my bossmod tells me to as well. Don't need an echo of my bossmod. If people are too dumb to use a bossmod, let them learn the hard way.

    With someone commanding you what to do, you do not learn the tactic. The telling you to do should at best be a reminder.
    I'm not sure which part I am supposed to be concerned with, the fact that someone on a realm I don't play on and have never met has put me on ignore or the fact that you are obviously so pro that you can follow along with your boss mod?

    Oh wait, is it that I'm supposed to let 5-10 people who just follow along and tunnel vision die and the raid wipe so that I can teach them how to play "the proper way"?

    These guys aren't guildees. They aren't friends. I want my LFR to be completed as quickly as possible, so I do everything in my power to ensure that. Including covering retards or people who don't have addons by spelling things out like I would to a small child. Because some of them likely are.

    If you don't need that, that's great. I wish no one did. But unfortunately they do.

  11. #111
    High Overlord Nalloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Oh wait, is it that I'm supposed to let 5-10 people who just follow along and tunnel vision die and the raid wipe so that I can teach them how to play "the proper way"?
    +1 to this. They don't learn anything when they die except that they can F-up and wait for the rest of the raid to kill the boss for them. On top of that, they may not even know WHY they died. Many people aren't smart enough to figure out that the floor disappears when the sparks get to the capacitors. If their deaths in no way hampered the run I'd be more on board with the Darwin approach to LFR, but their ignorance most times makes the run take much, much longer.
    BrM Monk (Main): Ruktion
    Prot Warrior: Ruction

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

    Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

  12. #112
    I don't believe OP was being as polite as they claim

    it takes 4 or 5 people to initiate a vote kick and no doubt you were being abusive to people

    I've never seen someone kicked for explaining a strat and i've done lfr now every week on about 6 characters.

    we vote kicked the top dps the other week because he was constantly talking trash, being at the top doesn't mean anything or give you any excuse for behaviour
    Last edited by jonoy8; 2012-12-06 at 11:51 PM.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    I don't believe OP was being as polite as they claim

    it takes 4 or 5 people to initiate a vote kick and no doubt you were being abusive to people

    I've never seen someone kicked for explaining a strat and i've done lfr now every week on about 6 characters.
    I've seen tanks get kicked for no reason multiple times. It really depends on what you are doing.

    Also, it's a snowball effect, if one person is shouting loudly that X is causing a wipe and you are wiping consistently most people will just cave in in the hopes things will improve.

    Most people are sheep.

    ... or sheeple as it were.

  14. #114
    Its very rare for someone to get kicked from LFR for *NO* reason. Most times people who complain about getting booted are leaving out half the story; most people get booted for:


    -Being lazy and not running back after a wipe/going AFK and not accepting a rez.

    -Refusing to play the role they were assigned (just the other day I had a healer who was in ret spec and gear and would not heal).

    -Being flat-out bad. Usually its a healer or tank who gets the boot.

    -Being a rude, obnoxious asshat.


    I seem to vote kick the latter more times than I care to count; usually all from the same three servers who've had reputations for having players with bad attitudes. Having said that, yeah there are idiots who will votekick someone they are pissy with for some reason or another. Which is why EVERYONE should break their habit of clicking yes when the Vote to kick prompt pops up.
    Last edited by Vargas; 2012-12-07 at 12:00 AM.

  15. #115
    In one LFR I had some guy claim a healer was "healing less than the tank". Within seconds he was vote kicked before he could respond. A few seconds later someone looked at recount and noticed that the kicked guy was our best healer.

    Sometimes, there is nothing you can do to avoid getting kicked.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I've seen tanks get kicked for no reason multiple times. It really depends on what you are doing.

    Also, it's a snowball effect, if one person is shouting loudly that X is causing a wipe and you are wiping consistently most people will just cave in in the hopes things will improve.

    Most people are sheep.

    ... or sheeple as it were.
    people kick tanks who do stupid things and can't hold aggro.

    they don't get kicked for no reason if they are good and don't wipe the raid

    I have literally never been kicked as a tank, ever

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    people kick tanks who do stupid things and can't hold aggro.

    they don't get kicked for no reason if they are good and don't wipe the raid

    I have literally never been kicked as a tank, ever
    I have been kicked every single run I have ever tanked and I play for DREAM Paragon.

    ... sorry I thought we were citing anecdotal evidence that can't be proven in any way in order to justify our individual positions.

    I'll reiterate that I personally have seen tanks kicked after wipes, most of the time due to poor healers not doing their job, because DPS scream ADDS WERE ON ME when in reality they only began being hit after the tanks in question were already dead.

    This includes joining an LFR, watching the tanks pull properly and faceplant due to no heals and then being kicked directly after because "adds were on the raid the whole fight".

    Yes, bad tanks get kicked too. No, this isn't always the case.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:05 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by volrath50 View Post
    In one LFR I had some guy claim a healer was "healing less than the tank". Within seconds he was vote kicked before he could respond. A few seconds later someone looked at recount and noticed that the kicked guy was our best healer.

    Sometimes, there is nothing you can do to avoid getting kicked.
    Even if he was, this is pretty fight dependent.

    The first few weeks that Stone Guard LFR came out I topped heals and damage by tanking 3 dogs by myself and letting vengeance boost up my battle healer glyph and consecrate/hotr dps.

    Does this mean everyone in the group should be kicked but me? After all, they were either not tanking, being beaten on dps by a tank or being beaten on heals by a tank.

  18. #118
    whatever dude, tanks get kicked because they screw up, no other reason

    I bet every person kicked believes they didn't deserve it.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    whatever dude, tanks get kicked because they screw up, no other reason
    I understand that you think this. I just don't understand why you are so adamant that it is correct.

    It's like you've never been in a group where someone got kicked and didn't deserve it before.

  20. #120
    What I find really annoying is that usually the worst offenders for "terrible people" in LFR are the raiders with 490+ iLvl who don't need anything going in and trolling the shit out of people who are trying to gear up.

    I had one guy with awesome gear the other day who kept taunting lei-shi to maximize the number of people getting hit by spray (he was dps, and it was obvious he was doing it on purpose, from the "trollolololol" he kept spamming". Looked at his gear, half Heroic raid gear, heroic sha touched weapon. Just in to ruin other people's day. After the wipe, he typed in raid about how the tanks were doing it on purpose and got them kicked before we could get people to realize it was him and get rid of him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •