Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    What I find really annoying is that usually the worst offenders for "terrible people" in LFR are the raiders with 490+ iLvl who don't need anything going in and trolling the shit out of people who are trying to gear up.
    I don't like trolls either, but similarly I wouldn't just go ahead and suggest they are always raiders - or even a majority are raiders.

    I'm 490 ilvl and do LFR every week, coz its an easy source of Valor and I like grabbing gear for my offspec on some bosses. Doesn't mean I "troll" the raid, I just do my job and clear it faster.

    I'm not a big fan of the mentality that just because I do normal raids I somehow don't belong in LFR. That's like saying I don't belong in heroics since I no longer need blues.

    I do things for other reasons than gear, including valor points and... you know... fun.

    Let's not judge an entire group of people based on a few bad eggs.

  2. #122
    I got kicked this week while on Empress for pretty much no reason myself. Only said one thing. We had wiped twice on Empress because one of the tanks wouldn't taunt. The main tank kept asking the other tank if he knew the fight and telling him how and when to taunt and asking him if he understood. He never responded. After the second wipe, the MT asked to kick the OT cause he wouldn't taunt. The OT had 4-5 guildies with him from the server Nordrassil. 2 of them were healers that were both pulling like 15K hps, far below the 2-3 top healers pulling 50K+ hps, they told the MT to shut up and pull and that the bad OT was the best tank on their server. I said in raid chat "If the OT doesn't want to taunt then its going to be impossible to do this without wiping. IMPOSSIBLE. Please Kick him." One of his bad healers said, its not him it ia the other tank kick him, the guildies then vote kicked the MT(good tank) and it passed. Then proceeded to vote kick me. yay, at having to do the whole instance over.

  3. #123
    A person is smart.

    A group of people are dumb.

    Try this: Start a random vote kick at any time during LFR. 99 times out of 100 it will pass, with every single person having no idea why they pressed yes.

    If it's a bad group that is wiping a lot, save yourself the time and stress on trying to educate them and just drop and requeue. You'll be much happier in the end.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Let's not judge an entire group of people based on a few bad eggs.
    No lets. Raiders are elitist snobs. LFR are all high 5th graders. PvP are elitist like raiders, but also didn't get enough hugs as a child. Or don't get enough hugs b/c they are children. W/e.

    The point is if you don't like it, play something other than WoW.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    No lets. Raiders are elitist snobs. LFR are all high 5th graders. PvP are elitist like raiders, but also didn't get enough hugs as a child. Or don't get enough hugs b/c they are children. W/e.

    The point is if you don't like it, play something other than WoW.
    If I don't like massive generalisations with little basis in fact I should be playing a different game?

    Thanks random stranger on the internet, I'll get right on that.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I'm not sure which part I am supposed to be concerned with, the fact that someone on a realm I don't play on and have never met has put me on ignore or the fact that you are obviously so pro that you can follow along with your boss mod?

    Oh wait, is it that I'm supposed to let 5-10 people who just follow along and tunnel vision die and the raid wipe so that I can teach them how to play "the proper way"?

    These guys aren't guildees. They aren't friends. I want my LFR to be completed as quickly as possible, so I do everything in my power to ensure that. Including covering retards or people who don't have addons by spelling things out like I would to a small child. Because some of them likely are.

    If you don't need that, that's great. I wish no one did. But unfortunately they do.
    Most likely you'd end up in my IgnoreMore list which is just an ignore beyond the limit of Blizzard. Either way, the point is that these people can very easily learn the floor mechanic: install a bossmod like BigWigs. We don't need players babysitting each other because players will get used to that. What happens next LFR when you're not there?

    True, if you kill the boss they may realize they can get carried, but since this is likely their only raiding experience I find it more likely they want to perform and want to be part of killing the boss.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    I don't believe OP was being as polite as they claim

    it takes 4 or 5 people to initiate a vote kick and no doubt you were being abusive to people

    I've never seen someone kicked for explaining a strat and i've done lfr now every week on about 6 characters.

    we vote kicked the top dps the other week because he was constantly talking trash, being at the top doesn't mean anything or give you any excuse for behaviour
    5.

    One trick I've seen is say "kick X, only 2 more votes needed" yeah the other 3 votes were by Bob and his 2 friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I understand that you think this. I just don't understand why you are so adamant that it is correct.

    It's like you've never been in a group where someone got kicked and didn't deserve it before.
    We'd need some kind of statistics on people with certain roles getting "unfairly" kicked and even that is highly biased.

    As for LFR being an easy source for VP. With 490 ilvl you completely overgear it. With such gear you can quickly do dailies and get lucky charms for it. There's quite some trash to clear in LFR and your fellow players generally do not overgear it. So you're boosting them. That's OK, some people get a kick out of that. If you join one in progress sure, it may be quicker, else it is equal to 18 dailies. I can assure you also that a guild run on LFD (80 VP) goes much, much quicker than a LFR run and on top of that you get to practice or play with challenge mode mechanics. Challenge modes take more time, but are also more rewarding if you can chew off time from your previous gold runs (or get your 1st gold run on dungeon).
    Last edited by lolalola; 2012-12-07 at 02:55 AM.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    As for LFR being an easy source for VP. With 490 ilvl you can quickly do dailies and get lucky charms for it. There's quite some trash to clear in LFR. If you join one in progress sure, it may be quicker, else it is equal to 18 dailies. I can assure you a guild run on LFD (80 VP) goes much, much quicker than a LFR run and on top of that you get to practice or play with challenge mode mechanics. Challenge modes take more time, but are also more rewarding if you can chew off time from your previous gold runs (or get your 1st gold run on dungeon).
    I never said it was the most efficient, or the easiest. I said it was easy.

    I like raiding, I enjoy downing bosses and I like the chance at gearing my offspec so I do LFR.

    This doesn't mean that I either:

    A. Expect loot from it

    B. Think its the best possible way to farm valor.

    All I have ever said is that I as a normal mode raider am just as entitled as you to be in LFR. This doesn't mean I am "trolling" anyone. Similarly, I don't expect loot for doing LFR (since that's not what it's about) and instead look on it as an added bonus.

    Let me know if you have a problem with any of this.

    Also, I often do LFDs. I'm a 490 tank, they end in like 10 minutes for me (especially Scarlet Halls and Temple of the Jade Serpent) but it's a completely different feel.

    And my "It's like you've never been in a group where someone got kicked and didn't deserve it before" was in response to someone saying that the only reason people are kicked ever is due to their own fault. Which I just don't agree with.

  8. #128
    OK well I suppose you do both LFR and LFD for fun. For me it is all about getting my cap, and not really "fun" to do either. So I do the quickest one.

    I believe doing LFR without expecting but seeing it as a nice by-product works very well (it is also the way I play LFR except there was one trinket which was really good for my main spec and I never got it in LFR and in N/HC I had to pass it) except that the VP reward is useless if you did not grind the factions. I did all the factions on my main, but I flat out refuse to do that again on alts (or grind charms). Luckily, we now got the VP upgrade system, but on an alt you basically only do some LFR and N on you don't have BiS items anymore. So you end up upgrading items from N. It allows players to work more on their gear (and kinda does the nerfing over time like with the stacking buff in DS / ICC) but only if people put effort into it. I'm curious to see how it works out.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    If I don't like massive generalisations with little basis in fact I should be playing a different game?

    Thanks random stranger on the internet, I'll get right on that.
    Little - but some - basis in fact. Also if you're going to get right on it anyway I'd also like a sandwich.

    Seriously though the root of the problem is that making the game easier - difficulty and ease of access - have also served to eliminate the need for community. You can basically play WoW as a single player game now and see just about everything. If there is no need to work together, this is what you get. So unless you're raiding normal/heroics or arenaing don't expect much.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Little - but some - basis in fact. Also if you're going to get right on it anyway I'd also like a sandwich.

    Seriously though the root of the problem is that making the game easier - difficulty and ease of access - have also served to eliminate the need for community. You can basically play WoW as a single player game now and see just about everything. If there is no need to work together, this is what you get. So unless you're raiding normal/heroics or arenaing don't expect much.
    TrueAgreed, + rated BGs.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  11. #131
    The secret to not getting kicked is to not draw attention to yourself.

    Any time I disagree with someone I always assume the crowd will turn on me and kick me for no good reason. The only safe way is to fly under the radar. The nail that sticks out gets hammered.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    You can make a ticket about that. It's harassment and cheating by abusing the LFR Kick feature.

    You can scream at the sun too, neither will do anything.

    A good friend has a policy of saying nothing in lfr/lfg since it is always the vocal or afk ppl that are kicked.

    It is easy for advice to be taken as some sort of elitist attitude over text, intended to be helpful or not. Many times ppl end up coming off poorly when trying to help because they are a bit frustrated while doing it. If this guy was giving bad or wrong advice and they kicked you over it consider yourself lucky you just dodged a group of idiots.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  13. #133
    Getting Vote Kicked from LFR for no reason... How to solve this problem

    Resolution: Only run with friends and guildies, cause at their core, most people who use LFR are just not people friendly. Save yourself the headache and join a guild that raids with your schedule. You will be glad you did.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Getting Vote Kicked from LFR for no reason... How to solve this problem

    Resolution: Only run with friends and guildies, cause at their core, most people who use LFR are just not people friendly. Save yourself the headache and join a guild that raids with your schedule. You will be glad you did.
    Doing LFR with 25 people you know isn't feasible except for 25m raiding guilds and huge, active social guilds. Most guilds are smaller.

    They're not friendly people because they can't do business with you. Almost all of them are not from your realm, you'll likely never meet them again. They're like bots or a random stranger on the street. They're like the people who sit around you in a cinema (if you live in big city etc; in a small one you might meet people you know).
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  15. #135
    I consider LFR or LFG when it comes to vote kick - LOOKING TO CONFORM. Nobody wants to be the odd one out and if someone puts up a vote kick, according to them it's probably for a good reason.

    Generally, there are reasons to being kicked in LFR so either you aren't telling the whole story or the group is moronic.

  16. #136
    only option I see if a 'report player for abuse of system' option lol

    or going every time you see someone like that try to kick them before they try to kick you =P
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-12-07 at 08:37 PM.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Just keep quiet in raid finder :P If the group really sucks alt tab after a few attempts, check back to see if they got anywhere every few minutes.
    hahaha i love this!

  18. #138
    Most of the time I feel incredibly dirty when I step foot in LFR. Just make it your aim to get in and get out, and if you are unlucky and you get a bad group, re-que, and hopefully you will find find a decent group that happens to consist of people that sort of know how to play.
    Last edited by Sarithus1; 2012-12-07 at 08:39 PM.

  19. #139
    If you try to fix the group having the right to vote kick you, you might as well remove the vote kick feature. Imo, they should just disable the chat. Fixes all the issues and even makes people do something for themselves for once.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I'm not sure which part I am supposed to be concerned with, the fact that someone on a realm I don't play on and have never met has put me on ignore or the fact that you are obviously so pro that you can follow along with your boss mod?

    Oh wait, is it that I'm supposed to let 5-10 people who just follow along and tunnel vision die and the raid wipe so that I can teach them how to play "the proper way"?

    These guys aren't guildees. They aren't friends. I want my LFR to be completed as quickly as possible, so I do everything in my power to ensure that. Including covering retards or people who don't have addons by spelling things out like I would to a small child. Because some of them likely are.

    If you don't need that, that's great. I wish no one did. But unfortunately they do.
    No offense but you kind of seem like an asshole.

    People explaining the tactic are just trying to help you so you can succeed. If everyone complained every time someone extended a helping hand this games community would be even more caustic than it already is.

    For the people spamming tactics in LFR, the sad part is that while you are an all knowing god of raid strategy, not everyone else is. In fact, tons of people do LFR on a weekly basis and still have absolutely no clue how the bosses work. In this case, they clearly aren't spamming to you, they are spamming to the people who have no clue whats going on and are doubtful to read the text in any other manner.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •