Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Getting Vote Kicked from LFR for no reason... How to solve this problem

Ok, so I admit this might be somewhat of a rant but it got me thinking about what can be done, if anything to stop situations like this from happening to others: Today in LFR some troll was telling people the wrong strats for the different boss mechanics. When I called him out on it and linked the tooltip for some of the spells (pointing out that some of the things were in fact buffs), he spammed the word "idiot" to me and the announced to the raid that I was intentionally trying to wipe the group and to kick me... which they did. I was top on the healing meters on every fight up and was one of the only people alive on several attempts that didn't go so well. I must admit that this definately pissed me off a little because now I have to queue and repeat things I've already done.

So my questions to the community is this, what can be done, if anything to stop this BS? Thoughts? Comments? Just want to hear what others have to say. As someone who doesn't AFK in the LFR or half ass my healing when I queue, I'm more than a little angry that players like me can be punished because someone wants to be an asshole.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    don't even try to teach random idiots anything, sad but true.

Nothing can be done about it. Get over it and re-queue.

That guy sounds like a jerk. I'm sorry that happened to you, but don't let it ruin your day, there are far more nice people than people like him, in my experience.

Deleted
    Happens sometimes and sadly not much to be done about it. Fact is when someone is vote kicking most people dont even look at why its happening they just blindly click accept and off you go.

Just keep quiet in raid finder :P If the group really sucks alt tab after a few attempts, check back to see if they got anywhere every few minutes.

Don't argue on the internet. If the group isn't working out then just bail. If you want to be a dick you could leave after the pull and if they manage to kill the boss you get your bag or item mailed to you. Good luck to you.

You can make a ticket about that. It's harassment and cheating by abusing the LFR Kick feature.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    I've learnt to just say nothing, try not to provoke anyone in any possible way. People are idiots and the best way to get through LFR is just try and stay under their radar.
    It's nothing wrong with LFR, it's just something wrong with the people using it.
    I was kicked from lfr earlier for being bottom (6th) on healing. I joined as DPS and was in DPS spec (and way ahead on the DPS, feel free to check my WoL reports ^^), I outhealed one of the healers so... I assumed they thought I was supposed to be healing and kicked me? so dumb

This is why you don't respond to people trying o troll you. He was clearly successful, and now you're butt hurt because you fell into his trap.

When people try and feed me wrong information, I just ignore them. If it got taken to raid chat, I'd speak up real fast and say something regarding the raid just moving on, and that you're not going to wipe someone, and if there is a wipe due to your fault, feel free to let them kick you.

If you don't feed the trolls, you have nothing to worry about 90% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
    Ok, so I admit this might be somewhat of a rant but it got me thinking about what can be done, if anything to stop situations like this from happening to others: Today in LFR some troll was telling people the wrong strats for the different boss mechanics. When I called him out on it and linked the tooltip for some of the spells (pointing out that some of the things were in fact buffs), he spammed the word "idiot" to me and the announced to the raid that I was intentionally trying to wipe the group and to kick me... which they did. I was top on the healing meters on every fight up and was one of the only people alive on several attempts that didn't go so well. I must admit that this definately pissed me off a little because now I have to queue and repeat things I've already done.

So my questions to the community is this, what can be done, if anything to stop this BS? Thoughts? Comments? Just want to hear what others have to say. As someone who doesn't AFK in the LFR or half ass my healing when I queue, I'm more than a little angry that players like me can be punished because someone wants to be an asshole.
    next time talk to the healers you are with, and dont heal them... or... you start a vote/kick yourself next time you see them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is a cesspit, probably a few good people mixed with the social reject community of wow, all the ninjas, entitlement buttheads, elitists (in a lfr, lol) and every other negative aspect of wow cramped in one 25man group.
    The best thing you can do with a LFR, is go in, don't say a word, do half decent dps or healing, get in, get out, end of.
    #boycottchina

Oh noes your heals and have insta ques and have to redo a boss what a shame .
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

You're a healer. Leave and requeue, its pretty much instant and not a hassle.

If you're a dps you may need to suck up mild doses of retardation because the queues are longer.

That sucks; most of my LFR experiences have been decent to good. One in awhile there will be assholes, afkers and people not playing the role they were assigned and I always votekick them. I'd rather wait a few minutes in queue than deal with some healer with a god complex or a tank that thinks he is too cool for school; EVERYONE is replaceable.

Deleted
    just requeue - happend to me in lfr today to - instead of telling me that im still in pvp gear (as owl you forget sometimes to switch as you dont "see" your gear)
    after the boss was down - without a wipe - i was called being to low on dps (wich ofc matters in lfr) and a pvp hero and demanded to be kick by some nub healer who
    was the whole boss fight dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    LFR is a cesspit, probably a few good people mixed with the social reject community of wow, all the ninjas, entitlement buttheads, elitists (in a lfr, lol) and every other negative aspect of wow cramped in one 25man group.
    The best thing you can do with a LFR, is go in, don't say a word, do half decent dps or healing, get in, get out, end of.
    100x this.

I wouldn't get worked up over it, or the trolling that goes on in LFR: People really have nothing better to do and like the above poster said..you never know who is going to end up in your group.

Theres always a reason you are kicked from LFR.

Here are your solutions:

1) Dont suck at dps

2) Dont suck at healing

3) Dont kill the raid

4) Dont remain dead and wait for a rez, run back

5) Dont afk and auto follow people

There you go, surefire ways to not get kicked from LFR.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    You can make a ticket about that. It's harassment and cheating by abusing the LFR Kick feature.
    It's not abusing the kick feature due to the fact it has to be a majority vote.

Stop suggesting making frivolous tickets. People with legitimate issues have to wait long enough with idiotic tickets that read "WAAH JIMMY WAS MEAN TO ME"
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2012-12-06 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Theres always a reason you are kicked from LFR.

Here are your solutions:

1) Dont suck at dps

2) Dont suck at healing

3) Dont kill the raid

4) Dont remain dead and wait for a rez, run back

5) Dont afk and auto follow people

There you go, surefire ways to not get kicked from LFR.
    You forgot two:

6) Don't talk. Ever. It only draws attention to yourself.

7) Don't play a tank. They are easily blamed.