Deleted

Question What class gives best combo with Engineering in PvP?

Hello folks.

Since my hunter is strictly PvE oriented, got JC/Enchanting for gold earning, i cant really find PvP enjoyable.
    I just dont like this "stack few CD's and one GCD someone". And because i just dont want to drop any proffesions:

An idea came to my mind.

I want to make some class with Engineering (secondary proffesion still not picked). I will play him World PvP and battlegrounds (Maybe rated sometimes) only!
    I dont like arenas.

What i expect?
    - Doing fun stuff on BG, unusual things that will make enemies mad Like in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=CAwot-gMKNE
    - Class without sh!tload of spells and macroes like my hunter do (28 keybinds, and im tired of this).
    - High survivability. I dont expect to do tons of damage. I can battle someone for good few minutes if I have chance to kill him and still heal myself. Or even run if I find my enemy being too good for me.
    - Class with cool transmog (i want to shine ). Nah, joke.

TLDR;

I want open class that can do tricks with Engineering, and be douchebag for enemies in all aspects.

I WOULD go mage, but i find this class rather boring (played fire in Cataclysm).

Cheers
    Roggon

I have a multitude of classes at 90, and I debated which classes would go better with engineering. It benefits everyone of course, as every profession should, but it "helps cover" some classes weaknesses better than others. I don't know if you're looking for that.

I chose Warlock because engineering provides two things Warlocks can't do normally or don't do well: a slow fall ability and a escape ability. Glyph of Falling Meteor doesn't work at all and the run speed talent burns of 8% of your health every sec (and the other two talents in the same tier are much better). Classes like Mage and Priest can already slow fall from mounts and parachute/goblin glider is kind of redundant and not as useful for them.

How about engineer goblin warrior? Fits perfect lore wise, should be an imba fc.

Warlock.... Burning Rush stacks with your rocket boots;you can drive enemies crazy with your Demonic Gate, Portal, Rocket Boots, Paraglider. Many combinations are possible. I like running flags in demo form. DA gives great survivability, you have great mobility and escapes and you can keep a team busyfor quite a while when on ur own.
    Read the signature rules

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously have no idea how to play a hunter or even pvp if thats how you think you play a hunter op.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrun View Post
    Hello folks.
    - Class without sh!tload of spells and macroes like my hunter do (28 keybinds, and im tired of this).
    I play enhancement shaman with about 65-75 keybinds. just saying...
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    I play enhancement shaman with about 65-75 keybinds. just saying...
    Yeah, this. 28 is pretty bare-minimum. I'm playing a resto druid and have something in the 90s of binds (counting targeting/focus/stopwatch/etc.).

Although you're claiming you want a noskill class that doesn't die and you don't care if you do crap for damage? Obviously a tank is your answer. Blood is the most popular; I don't really see any other classes commonly PvPing as tanks.

Deleted
    I play a shadowpriest with Engi/JC. Probably BS would've been better than JC, since you can get the extra sockets. Since I played it for a long time, it's obvious I find it fun and atm shadow is in a good spot in pvp, so that could work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    You obviously have no idea how to play a hunter or even pvp if thats how you think you play a hunter op.

Sad.
    How sweet of you. Im not aiming any high rating, since i have very little interest in ArenaPvP, but for <1800 i still can win most of arenas just by pushing one macro. And as I stated: I want class with Engineering and i CAN'T drop any of mine proffesions on hunter, so i want to play DIFFERENT class. Learn to read next time, please.

And for the keybinds. I have around 50 keybinds for all occasions, but im using around 28 per battle. That was what i meant

I'm thinking between Warrior and Spriest at the moment. Got both of them 80+. I wish people would make more videos with them derping around BG's with Engineering with this two particular classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't understand Engineering is the Profession of Champions, regardless of your class - I can't help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to be a douchebag in BGs? Easy. Blood DK. Benefits from engineering too.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrun View Post
    How sweet of you. Im not aiming any high rating, since i have very little interest in ArenaPvP, but for <1800 i still can win most of arenas just by pushing one macro.
    Oh my god please do that. I genuinely want to see you get 1.8k rating pushing 1 macro and nothing else.

OT : Everything can be really fun, but I'd go for a hybrid like a druid or a spriest for BGs and WPvP

For world PvP, nothing is more annoying than a class that can cast while moving on a goblin glider, I fucking hate that shit. I have engineering on my enh shaman and the best I can do is pop ascendance while gliding.

Edit: Other than not casting while moving, with ghost wolf, rocket boots, spirit walk, windwalk totem (immunity to movement effects talent), frost shock and earthbind totem, staying close to someone generally is NEVER a problem for an enh shaman. plus makes awesome flag carrying. Ancestral Guidance (healing on damage done talent) gives quite a bit of healing if you save it for your burst. and with Astral Shift (40% damage reduction for 6 seconds) and Shamanistic Rage(30% damage reduction) you're pretty tough for a non-tank class. Damage wise it's pretty sick if you got gear and use your CD's right. Wolves and a huge ass fire elemental make for a great distraction when people are fighting you and you can glyph the wolves to heal for a decent amount as well.

I'm pretty happy with my enhance shammy in pvp tbh.
    Last edited by Drkblade; 2012-12-07 at 07:02 PM. Reason: useful info