Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Odd comments on General Chat

i was doing quests in Northrend (Gilneas realm),leveling up my toon, and for a solid five minutes somone decides to type verses of the bible on chat. That was a first for me, found it strange, but then it sparked a hiatus of God and no God dialouge on general chat. I'm sure you can imagine the hiatus it unfolded.

Anyone with funny, awkward, oddball chats that stir the pot in your realm? I'm curious to check if certain realms are more religious, conservative, troll magnets or if its all random.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the classic of the general chat.

1_Pick your victim, but be careful, it must be a NEW player.
    2_ Turn your addon (prat?) off, and remember how the real chat format is.
    3_ Make a whole space and then write the chat format, the player name then. That way, it will look like he did write something.
    4_ Write some foolish crap and see the guy going "OMG GUYZ I HAVEN'T SAID THAT I'M HACKED OMGZ WUTS GOING ON!"

That was really fun on it's time.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

3_ Make a whole space and then write the chat format, the player name then. That way, it will look like he did write something.
    4_ Write some foolish crap and see the guy going "OMG GUYZ I HAVEN'T SAID THAT I'M HACKED OMGZ WUTS GOING ON!"

That use to be lots of fun I once had fun like that that came about unintentionally, i used to GM two guilds, Soul of Sparta(leveling guild) and Sword of Sparta(PvE guild) And we used the Addon Guild2Guild, but i would log on my bank alt and be attuned to someone elses guild ( For those that don't know, it would link guild chats from two different guilds if someone in both guilds were using the addon on the same channel) And i could type and ofcourse it would come across like he said it, Man that was funny, Almost got him kicked out of his guild before i tried explaining the situation xD

Deleted
    my server use to be known as dramamaw on horde side, at least once a day someone would start a heated discussion in trade chat. and there was 2/3 players that were basically hated on the server, everytime they spoke in general chat an argument broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    my server use to be known as dramamaw on horde side, at least once a day someone would start a heated discussion in trade chat. and there was 2/3 players that were basically hated on the server, everytime they spoke in general chat an argument broke out.
    True, I couldn't stop laughing after your comment because a few names in my realm came to mind. Once they say something for some reason that starts a fire. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys i have seen a galeon......
    2 min later
    .....and i must say its awensome pirate ship.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    True, I couldn't stop laughing after your comment because a few names in my realm came to mind. Once they say something for some reason that starts a fire. lol

it doesn't happen anymore on mine, but there was this one guy who basically all he did was run lvl 60 raids through wrath, everytime i looked for a group in trade a shit storm started, i was quite new to the server on horde and had no idea why people hated him so much. after a few weeks i realised why, every day he spent hours spamming in trade looking for people to run level 60 raids with him. was pretty funny though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 12:35 AM ----------

hehe, when i first started playing i made a human mage, and got talking to some guy in elwynn forest general chat, then all of a sudden it kept coming up in chat that i was saying things i never typed, i got so confused, ended up putting a GM ticket it, and he explained to me what was happeneing (back then GM tickets were instant)

10+ Year Old Account
    We used to have a dude who would ask if there were any 'nam vets were online. Pretty harmless dude, but when he posted his ad, Shandris trade would light up with put downs. I just wish the usual trollers would be lit on fire and dispose of in some dung hill, instead. More interested in good buys than seeing their anal/Thunderfury and worse spam. Having guilds argue about raid progression is truly funny too, when Shandris remains in the #150ish level. If they queue for LFR totally from Shandris, it would even fail miserably. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Frostmane EU begining of the Cataclysm, Orgrimar:

Lvl 85 Paladin "Sealz" : "Blackwing descent" is currently recruiting - the rest of the typic guild req.
    Well, it was every minute of every day for weeks.
    Then he spoke to others when they was talking shit to him, and just painted himself as a dumb blonde.

Hillarius if you saw it.

10+ Year Old Account

Lol I used to that to in whisper's to people, before the game masters had the Blizz sign at their name and it was just the <GM> I simply wrote it like I wrote two times with <GM> at my name. Scared a shitload of people

/Whisper My playername: Random message
    /Whisper <GM> Fakename: Long message so my message and character name wasn't seen by the player
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted

I played a warlock in TBC, and completely freaked out when she started saying things by herself. I assumed someone was messing with me like that but there'd be no one around for miles and she'd still be saying these random things, and I was getting more and more freaked out. Turned out to be an addon, yes I felt dumb

Quote Originally Posted by maladicta View Post
    I played a warlock in TBC, and completely freaked out when she started saying things by herself. I assumed someone was messing with me like that but there'd be no one around for miles and she'd still be saying these random things, and I was getting more and more freaked out. Turned out to be an addon, yes I felt dumb
    ja ja ja ja..funny

10+ Year Old Account
    After Athene did one of his first videos in TBC (the roleplay one on my server, Defias Brotherhood), the level two priest who had a two-second role in it decided that he was now a celebrity, and spent the next two months or so spamming general with the most inane, banal prattle imaginable -- everything from the contents of his dinner to his noble call to "all guild leaders" for war -- every single day.

What's more amusing is that people took a special pleasure in trolling him back. Makes me regret not having the screenshots anymore. >.<

i was doing quests in Northrend (Gilneas realm),leveling up my toon, and for a solid five minutes somone decides to type verses of the bible on chat. That was a first for me, found it strange, but then it sparked a hiatus of God and no God dialouge on general chat. I'm sure you can imagine the hiatus it unfolded.

Anyone with funny, awkward, oddball chats that stir the pot in your realm? I'm curious to check if certain realms are more religious, conservative, troll magnets or if its all random.
    you keep using that word, i do not think it means what you think it means.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    you keep using that word, i do not think it means what you think it means.
    Commotion? (shrugs) I think you know, and I know, what the title of the thread represented.

hi·a·tus
    [hahy-ey-tuh s] Show IPA

noun, plural hi·a·tus·es, hi·a·tus.
    a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

Deleted

I got a temp ban for doing this!

10+ Year Old Account
    im glad i have general chat blocked.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I don't think you know what Hiatus means.

I saw this on Area 52 chat the other day and chuckled because it was the first time I had seen it and was like oh thats a clever one.

"I [Boned][The Captains Booty][Why, because its red]"
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Commotion? (shrugs) I think you know, and I know, what the title of the thread represented.

hi·a·tus
    [hahy-ey-tuh s] Show IPA

noun, plural hi·a·tus·es, hi·a·tus.
    a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.
    you can post a dictionary definition all you want, but the context you used it in shows that you have no idea what it meant prior to looking it up.