Thread: Hypocrisy.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    My apoligies, Luciferiuz would be fine with me too and Kanadei is definitly a name I'd consider proper. Al though I'd personally be careful with naming my characters after fallen angels ;-)

I just picked a few names I saw while scrolling up!
    My first character 8 years ago (when I was 15) was called Luciferius. I was banned so I made a new mage called Luciferiuz and became quite well known.

Now I try and use better names

Deleted
    I want to ask you something! You started your topic with the following sentence, "My toon (bloodpoop) has recently had a forced name change." Did blizzard give you a free name change because you "violated" their terms, of you were forced to pay in order to change the name of your toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    I want to ask you something! You started your topic with the following sentence, "My toon (bloodpoop) has recently had a forced name change." Did blizzard give you a free name change because you "violated" their terms, of you were forced to pay in order to change the name of your toon?
    Forced name changes are always free.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Forced name changes are always free.
    One of my former guildmates with a half stupid name made one of the other guildmates report his name in order to receive a free name change.. Kinda feels like cheating, but to be fair he did violate the RP naming rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    One of my former guildmates with a half stupid name made one of the other guildmates report his name in order to receive a free name change.. Kinda feels like cheating, but to be fair he did violate the RP naming rules!
    Yeah I've had friends delete their characters, get someone to make a level 1 alt with the same name and begin playing it, then report to Blizzard "homg i accidently deleted my main wtf!!" then Blizzard is all like "somehow your name got taken" free name change.

But that was in vanilla so who knows if it still works.

Yeah I've had friends delete their characters, get someone to make a level 1 alt with the same name and begin playing it, then report to Blizzard "homg i accidently deleted my main wtf!!" then Blizzard is all like "somehow your name got taken" free name change.

But that was in vanilla so who knows if it still works.
    That still works when you do a realm transfer, just don't make that level 1 character yourself. As I'm sure it's frowned upon!

I've literally pooped blood. I don't find the name offensive, just goofy. What I find offensive is Blizzards hypocrisy.

Yeah I'm also offended when the game asks me to "kill" multiple amounts of things because I have friends who are jewish and were victims of genocide.

Similarly when the combat log says "you died" I take it very personally because my grandmother died recently and death is a very real thing in my life.

I also refuse to use "shadow spells" because I refuse to associate myself with anything satanic, and I don't "tame pets" because I don't believe in forcing any animal to work against it's will - especially if it is being forced to fight and be injured for other peoples enjoyment or benefit.
    I haven't posted a complaint to Blizzard against it. I understand why it's there and that most everyone doesn't take it literally. I'm not offended by it in the "stand on a soap box and scream about how the game done me wrong" sort of way, but that phrase just bugs me and probably will always be a pet peeve of mine. I get over it and move on to the rest of the game that, yes, involves mass murder.

My point and usage of it was more to show that there are things that could be construed as much more offensive than a quest about pooping out some seeds and if you're going to cite "inappropriate content" there are better examples than toilet humor.

There's a difference between me mentioning that there are things in the game that bother people and demanding that Blizzard make a sanitized product that has a 0% chance of possibly upsetting anyone, because that product would royally suck.

Exactly. And I know the people who reported me. They were clearly not offended. They said they were suprised that my name wasn't reported yet, so I stated that my name was unbannable, which honestly I felt like it was. I mean...who is ACTUALLY offended by the word poop, and as previously stated blizzard has 12 poop quests. I guess I gave them too much credit for having a sense of humor. Anyways these guys just decided to right click me and that was that.

At least with the old system somebody actually had to care to report you. They had to open a ticket and write an actual reason for how you had offended them. Now all takes place is right click to report and then right click to oblige on blizzards end. Then you get a generic letter in your inbox which a blizzard employee no doubt has bound to the 'r' key. This is the new wave of customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodpoop View Post
    Exactly. And I know the people who reported me. They were clearly not offended. They said they were suprised that my name wasn't reported yet, so I stated that my name was unbannable, which honestly I felt like it was. I mean...who is ACTUALLY offended by the word poop, and as previously stated blizzard has 12 poop quests. I guess I gave them too much credit for having a sense of humor. Anyways these guys just decided to right click me and that was that.

At least with the old system somebody actually had to care to report you. They had to open a ticket and write an actual reason for how you had offended them. Now all takes place is right click to report and then right click to oblige on blizzards end. Then you get a generic letter in your inbox which a blizzard employee no doubt has bound to the 'r' key. This is the new wave of customer support.
    I'm pretty sure when you report my characters nothing will happen. You've faced a problem only someone who'd name his character after something stupid would have.. I'm sorry, but I don't find Blizzard a bunch of hyppocrits (at least, not for this) and I do think you deserved it. Specially when you challenge people named like that, you could've known what would happen

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the first time I had to change a characters name. My warrior's name for 3 years was Lolpwned and somebody in random bg reported me and they made me change it the next day. I was a very sad panda. I fully expect my priest Tehpope to get reported eventually.

My toon (bloodpoop) has recently had a forced name change. My point is not that this name isn't against the terms. My point is that the terms are wrong. There are currently 12 quests in this game that require you to pick up poop, or even to poop yourself to complete them. I will list them for you.

Bravo Company Field Kit: Camouflage
    Befriending Giants
    Going, Going, Guano!
    Shizz Work
    A Rare Bean
    Funky Fungi
    Scare the Guano Out of Them!
    A Question of Gluttony
    Lupus Pupus
    Doing Your Duty
    Pooped
    Gourmet Kafa

To be clear I have no problem with these quests. I think they can be rather funny, but to say that my name is more potentially offensive is clearly an oversight. I have issued two tickets only to be answered with automated messages. I have submitted a survey. I have created 2 forums on battle.net only to have them both deleted despite the fact that I was extremely polite and have a completely valid argument.

Blizzard should either remove these quests from the game or reinstate my name.
    You like to play with poop, huh?

You were technically correct. They didn't ban you, as far as you've told. They forced you to change your name.

If you'd like, you can check the Battle.net support site and review the naming policies for World of Warcraft. It says rather clearly that names which "Are (mildly) inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions" violate their naming guidelines.

I had a bank guild i made called "SealClubbingAbortion" had to change it withing a day. I have a toon on a very high pop server named homoosexual tauren of course no name change and have had the toon for a while and even hung out in popular areas talking in trade lol. it all depends on the community.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You were technically correct. They didn't ban you, as far as you've told. They forced you to change your name.

If you'd like, you can check the Battle.net support site and review the naming policies for World of Warcraft. It says rather clearly that names which "Are (mildly) inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions" violate their naming guidelines.
    I don't think many of you understand what I am saying. I am not saying the name technically doesn't violate terms. I am saying the terms are wrong and hypocritical. Very clearly hypocritical. I don't think some of you even understand the concept of questioning established perameters. Just because something is in writing does not mean it's not at all pliable when people make a statement about it. There are such things as revisions.

But again, I thank you all for your imput.

I would just change my name to poopblood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Bro View Post
    I would just change my name to poopblood.
    Nah you're not allowed to begin any name with the word 'poop'. You know, unless it's a daily quest that 3 million or so people do everyday. Then that's kosher apparently.

Your name was Bloodpoop. Get over it.

I don't think many of you understand what I am saying. I am not saying the name technically doesn't violate terms. I am saying the terms are wrong and hypocritical. Very clearly hypocritical. I don't think some of you even understand the concept of questioning established perameters. Just because something is in writing does not mean it's not at all pliable when people make a statement about it. There are such things as revisions.

But again, I thank you all for your imput.
    There's a large difference between revolving a quest around poop (some of which actually make sense; gourmet Kafa is based off Kopi Luwak), and having a character name which contains the word poop within it. The problem isn't that poop is some terribly offensive thing that nobody should ever speak, it's that it has no place in a character's name, and they don't want characters running around with poop references for names. That's excluding the possibility that somebody could also have been potentially offended by the combination of "blood" and "poop" which, as has been pointed out previously, could relate to illnesses/diseases.

I understand completely what you're trying to say, but I simply believe that there's no relation between the two. It's not a matter of me not wanting to question Blizzard, it's a matter of me agreeing with their decision.

The question is WHO would like to play as a character named "Bloodpoop"?.

I don't mind things like "Brewslee" or "Gnom-something", even I have a couple of funny named characters but your name is not funny at all (unless you are, like, 7 years old) and you have been given the chance of getting another one, grow up and come up with something better.

"Oh, please, save me, mighty...! Bloodpoop? Forget it, I'll wait for the next one!"