Thread: New Loot System

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Loot System

"The new loot system has worked out well, as players don't have any reason to be mad at each other over loot in LFR anymore. It is possible that we could see it being used in dungeons as well, but that is still under discussion."

I completely disagree, and I think that the new loot system is not that good at all. This is especially true for serverwide bosses or groups with smaller sample sizes where the amount of dicks is reduced. If dungeons adopted this feature, I think the game is going to feel like a slot machine more so than it already is and people will get randomly RNG fucked for weeks like a lot of us have in LFR. As the lifespan of the dungeon goes on, it is supposed to be easier to get loot from there and even with my bad experiences with LFR in DS, I had good ones, where people would sell me pieces they may have not needed or at least something other than gold. There is a possibility that such a case will not happen even if you run the dungeon for weeks on end.

Yes, blah blah, raid normal/heroic/25 but that just suggests that normal/heroic/25 system *is not* stupid. Making the game feel retarded lootwise is the same as making the entire lootbased endgame (pre-raid) feel retarded.

TLDnR: I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once.

Deleted
    how about 15 people stealing every peice dropping for you for 1 guildy they are gearing ... for ... like the whole existence of lfr ?

mehhh...

Deleted
    You are saying the new system is better but you liked the old system more because in extreme situations like "not getting the item 1st placed in my want to get list" it helped you to see how the boss dropped it even though another dude won it.

Well I see no place to argue here D:

People being able to sell you gear (or trade it to their friends that they gang-loot with) is something that Blizzard did not want and deliberately extinguished. They won't go back on that now. Even if they modified the system they will not allow this behavior in random groups. So... get over it :-\ I

Otherwise your complaints boil down to nto realizing probability functions roughly the same in the old system with the new system if you'll forgive the opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You in fact have more chance at loot with the new system. Because you don't have to roll against anyone.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    TLDnR: I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once.
    Hard to believe it's been 1 whole year since MoP was released. Damn time does fly. On a related note I've had the sword drop for straight weeks now so it seems the system is working as intended. If it would calm your rage some I can provide you with a screenshot since all you want to do is see it.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, blah blah, raid normal/heroic/25 but that just suggests that normal/heroic/25 system *is not* stupid. Making the game feel retarded lootwise is the same as making the entire lootbased endgame (pre-raid) feel retarded.
    And it is blah, blah, blah, as such raids are normally guild runs and they can choose to gear out who they want as fast as they want, and ALL loot goes to them.

LFR is harder now to obtain loot than normal/heroic raids simply for that reason. It's a good way to keep the very greedy players out of LFR (as now guilds can't use it to gear out guildies for themselves, and greedy players have little patience), but at a high price for the intended audience.

Like I said, WoW players can't have good things because it just takes the mob to ruin it for all.

The DDO dungeon loot system is a better way in the end, even if Blizzard huffs and puffs they don't want you to pick your own gear. That's the best use of RNG (purples are RNG; blues are choices to pick), and still reward participation.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I hope that doesn't happen since I got nothing but 28.5g for 3 weeks thanks to the LFR loot system.....

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You in fact have more chance at loot with the new system. Because you don't have to roll against anyone.
    This is also wrong. The probability is now dependent on less impossible to anticipate variables (how many other players need a drop, who will roll on it regardless of not needing it, how many people are rolling to give it to you etc.), but that doesn't mean it's higher.

The new loot system is awesome. No more me rolling against an entire guild which spent the run badmouthing others in order to rationalize their thievery.
    Last edited by GhostSkull; 2012-12-06 at 04:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkiey View Post
    how about 15 people stealing every peice dropping for you for 1 guildy they are gearing ... for ... like the whole existence of lfr ?

mehhh...
    You can only steal something if it belongs to someone else. Now as far as we can speak of property of virtual items (depends on your jurisdiction) the item was never in your possession when it dropped from DS LFR; therefore it wasn't stolen from you.

I agree the new loot system (and I'd like to include the charm system to that) works well in a PuG of randoms x-realm.

The new system has its flaws though:

1) People receive items they already have, or already have better.
    2) People are forced to queue or play a spec they may not prefer to play.
    3) People respec in LFR to get an item for that spec instead of the role they were assigned to (I do this).
    4) Master looter doesn't communicate the dropped items from chest (or when people died) or loot system (e.g. council, DKP, ...) hasn't decided who receives loot yet leading to people not knowing if they should pop charm.
    5) If you quickly respec you can pop your charm for the spec you respeced to. Respec takes 5 sec, extra roll bonus is 15 sec window. If you died, tough luck, unless you got a combat res.

"The new loot system has worked out well, as players don't have any reason to be mad at each other over loot in LFR anymore. It is possible that we could see it being used in dungeons as well, but that is still under discussion."

I completely disagree, and I think that the new loot system is not that good at all. This is especially true for serverwide bosses or groups with smaller sample sizes where the amount of dicks is reduced. If dungeons adopted this feature, I think the game is going to feel like a slot machine more so than it already is and people will get randomly RNG fucked for weeks like a lot of us have in LFR. As the lifespan of the dungeon goes on, it is supposed to be easier to get loot from there and even with my bad experiences with LFR in DS, I had good ones, where people would sell me pieces they may have not needed or at least something other than gold. There is a possibility that such a case will not happen even if you run the dungeon for weeks on end.

Maybe, but I would be relived of the unmitigated RAGE of a fucking (and usually shitty) tank taking that one DPS drop I still need for the 15th time in a fucking row...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    3) People respec in LFR to get an item for that spec instead of the role they were assigned to (I do this).
    Having a Ret win on a healing shield is a perfect example of such abuse. He should have zero access to that shield, as that's not the role he came to play.

That's pure griefing, as he could've got his shield healing, not stealing it.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Having a Ret win on a healing shield is a perfect example of such abuse. He should have zero access to that shield, as that's not the role he came to play.
    (You're replying to a feature of the current system.)

That was a bug. A bug which wasn't fixed. Blizz didn't look at spec for druid/shaman either.

That's pure griefing, as he could've got his shield healing, not stealing it.
    And it still is not stealing, no matter how many times you're going to repeat it is.

It isn't even necessarily griefing. Since maybe he would use that shield.

And even if he'd disenchant or vendor the item, then still it isn't necessarily griefing (tho I'd call it selfish there's nothing wrong with being selfish). Maybe he pulled his weight while you did not. Who knows? I've seen hunderds of bad players who got carried, AFK, bots, and what not receive gear. Granted I've also seen people needing for each other (and have done so myself) successfully and failing at it. But it was all legal and allowed under the Blizzard rules.

The new system fixes that.

You can only steal something if it belongs to someone else. Now as far as we can speak of property of virtual items (depends on your jurisdiction) the item was never in your possession when it dropped from DS LFR; therefore it wasn't stolen from you.

I agree the new loot system (and I'd like to include the charm system to that) works well in a PuG of randoms x-realm.

The new system has its flaws though:

1) People receive items they already have, or already have better.
    2) People are forced to queue or play a spec they may not prefer to play.
    4) Master looter doesn't communicate the dropped items from chest (or when people died) or loot system (e.g. council, DKP, ...) hasn't decided who receives loot yet leading to people not knowing if they should pop charm.
    5) If you quickly respec you can pop your charm for the spec you respeced to. Respec takes 5 sec, extra roll bonus is 15 sec window. If you died, tough luck, unless you got a combat res.
    I've been assigned the leader in a few LFRs and I've never seen what loot got distributed. I was under the impression that everyone had their own personal rolls that dictated whether or not they won an item, with the possibility of more than 6 people getting a drop per boss.

Honestly, in LFR, let people trade items (because I've gotten 4 of the same trinket), you'll fix half the anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    Honestly, in LFR, let people trade items (because I've gotten 4 of the same trinket), you'll fix half the anger.
    Pretty much this.

I still haven't won a single thing across 3 toons (one of whom has done every boss every week). It's really past the point of ridiculous now.

10+ Year Old Account
    (You're replying to a feature of the current system.)

That was a bug. A bug which wasn't fixed. Blizz didn't look at spec for druid/shaman either.
    (I was replying to his comment).

To Blizzard it's not a bug, it's "working as intended". They're hell bent that off-specs get geared in public groups, even if it griefs (as they don't consider it ninjaing anyway).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I've been assigned the leader in a few LFRs and I've never seen what loot got distributed. I was under the impression that everyone had their own personal rolls that dictated whether or not they won an item, with the possibility of more than 6 people getting a drop per boss.
    That part is (obviously? I guess not so obvious) a comment about the charm system. The charm system is part of the new loot system.

Yes, everyone has roughly 15% chance an item drops for them in the spec they're in (!= their assigned role, or with the charm, isn't necessarily the spec they killed the boss as).

No, the problem #3 wouldn't occur during LFR, but would occur in N/HC in PuG as well as guild runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    Won't work. Forces people to queue together main + alts. Or you'd get LFR sell runs. Instead, LFR is meant to be played with randoms, and all loot is meant to be individually assigned. Means not tradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    (I was replying to his comment).
    In that case, learn to quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case, learn to quote.
    Had no problems quoting, those are your words.

Drink some coffee.