Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Syrian Government Ready To Use Chemical Weapons

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ads-order?lite

The Syrian military is prepared to use chemical weapons against its own people and is awaiting final orders from President Bashar Assad, U.S. officials told NBC News on Wednesday. The military has loaded the precursor chemicals for sarin, a deadly nerve gas, into aerial bombs that could be dropped onto the Syrian people from dozens of fighter-bombers, the officials said.
    Pretty serious escalation. If Assad uses these weapons, all bets are off. I'd personally be fine with a strong unilateral response.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Let another country deal with it. Everyone wants to get all huffy about US intervention so maybe the other first world countries will step in to prevent a genocide. HAHAHA

Meh, the United States still shouldn't get involved in it. It's not our war to begin with, and it's not like we've never turned a blind eye to the use of chemical weapons before. Let the UN or some other nation go play world police and fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Holy shit, I knew it was getting desperate there, but dam.

Hopefully the people will be spared from such deadly gases, but unfortunately, they may not be...

Also, if Assad does launch chemical weapons, we could very well be entering into another war.
    Fuck that. Let turkey do it.

Almost all the heavy fighting takes place in Urban areas, if they try and bomb the rebs with Sarin gas they will literally have to drop it right on top of their own troops.

From what I have gathered this is simply a strategic relocation of the arsenal, the rebs have been pushing hard recently and gained a lot of ground, I've read several reports from reputable military think tanks that think they might just be moving their stacks to more secure areas to prevent it getting lost to the rebs.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    A shit storm is a brewing glad i don't live in that part of the world.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Meh, the United States still shouldn't get involved in it. It's not our war to begin with, and it's not like we've never turned a blind eye to the use of chemical weapons before. Let the UN or some other nation go play world police and fix this.
    I don't know. Saddam killed 5,000 kurds with one sarin gas attack. This shit is no joke.

This is basically Assads last stand. He knows hes going to die soon. Might as well take the rebels out with him.

If nobody is bothering to stop the Syrian government from shooting and cluster-bombing their own people I don't see how the use of chemical weapons would suddenly step over 'that line'... nobody will do anything. The line was crossed 22 months ago, if nobody did anything then, they wont do anything now.

All anyone's done so far is throw some harsh words while innocent people keep dying. If they use chemical weapons all they'll get in response is more harsh words while even more people die.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I'd personally be fine with a strong unilateral response.
    I would not. Do you think it'd earn us any friends? I'll pass on shit that costs big money, possibly lives, and just results in bitching about cowboy politics.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2012-12-06 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    if nobody did anything then, they wont do anything now.
    America sends 8,000 troops off the coast of Syria.

http://rt.com/usa/news/us-eisenhower...-military-369/

I don't think you understand how serious chemical weapons are. I'm fairly certain that Geneva requires action if a government uses chemical weapons against its people.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If nobody is bothering to stop the Syrian government from shooting and cluster-bombing their own people I don't see how the use of chemical weapons would suddenly step over 'that line'... nobody will do anything. The line was crossed 22 months ago, if nobody did anything then, they wont do anything now.

All anyone's done so far is throw some harsh words while innocent people keep dying. If they use chemical weapons all they'll get in response is more harsh words while even more people die.
    Pretty much this. Israel was using white phosphorous on gaza almost a year ago, and no one intervened at all. The Arabic side of the world will actually need to step up and calm their neighbors down, because the west just like to put the story on the news, not actually take any steps towards assistance.

I don't think you understand how serious chemical weapons are. I'm fairly certain that Geneva requires action if a government uses chemical weapons against its people.
    This is surprising but probably a step closer to a regime change to put a pro west puppet in per politics rather than actual concern for Syrian citizens.
    Last edited by kippi; 2012-12-06 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty serious escalation. If Assad uses these weapons, all bets are off. I'd personally be fine with a strong unilateral response.
    They missed their chance. They should have used the C in NBC right after they cut off the country with that internet silliness. Its way too late too now.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

It's hilarious because we're even less sure of Syria having chemical weapons than we were about Iraq.

But the dictator's given plenty of other reasons to get in there. Randomly yelling "FIRE" on top of "RAPE" isn't going to do much. Get in there or don't, we don't need any more excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Yeah, they are outlawed under the Chemical Weapons Convention, signed by all except for 8 countries, including Syria. Because they are considered WMDs, I believe that if Syria was dumb enough to use the US and its allies would hold it to the same level as a nuclear attack
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemica...ons_Convention.
    Last edited by cubscapsfan; 2012-12-06 at 03:41 AM.

Boy, Obama and friends are really itching for another war! I'm sure all the liberals who opposed Americans intervention in Iraq will protest American involvement in Syria just as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I would. Do you think it'd earn us any friends? I'll pass on shit that costs big money, possibly lives, and just results in bitching about cowboy politics.
    I'm not concerned about making friends, or what people who already dislike America will say.

I can share the concern with costs and lives lost, but I think we could do this in a fashion very similar to Libya. I think there are good causes to use or military, and that this is one.

Quote Originally Posted by kippi View Post
    Pretty much this. Israel was using white phosphorous on gaza almost a year ago, and no one intervened at all. The Arabic side of the world will actually need to step up and calm their neighbors down, because the west just like to put the story on the news, not actually take any steps towards assistance.

This is surprising but probably a step closer to a regime change to put a pro west puppet in per politics rather than actual concern for Syrian citizens.

Assad is/was Pro west.

10+ Year Old Account
    News just in, Iraq has WMD's and are killing babies in Kuwait, we better go invade them! - 10 years ago. All a lie.

STOP FALLING FOR THE FUCKING LIES PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Boy, Obama and friends are really itching for another war! I'm sure all the liberals who opposed Americans intervention in Iraq will protest American involvement in Syria just as much.
    Can't tell if serious? Obama hasn't launched an actual war (maybe you could consider Libya, but that was the US following France and the UK from the NATO allegiance) in his term in office, he's dealing with the mess from the Bush administration...

And anti-war protesters are anti-war regardless of the candidate in office lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kippi View Post
    Can't tell if serious? Obama hasn't launched an actual war in his term in office, he's dealing with the mess from the Bush administration...

And anti-war protesters are anti-war regardless of the candidate in office lol.
    Does it matter if he is serious or not? Reality has not had much to do with politics or opinions about politics for decades.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.