Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Does it matter if he is serious or not? Reality has not had much to do with politics or opinions about politics for decades.

Probably never had much to do with it though if we are being honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's hilarious because we're even less sure of Syria having chemical weapons than we were about Iraq.
    Syria has Sarin, Mustard, and a little VX.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ads-order?lite

Pretty serious escalation. If Assad uses these weapons, all bets are off. I'd personally be fine with a strong unilateral response.
    Newsflash: US used nuclear weapons against civilians, twice.

Let them deal with it, it's their country.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

America sends 8,000 troops off the coast of Syria.

http://rt.com/usa/news/us-eisenhower...-military-369/

I don't think you understand how serious chemical weapons are. I'm fairly certain that Geneva requires action if a government uses chemical weapons against its people.
    2500 of those troops are marines aboard the Iwo who were sent into the region during the Israel v Hamas bout in case we needed to evact Americans in Israel.

An aircraft carrier carries a crew of ~5000 sailors (not grunts) and they sail into that region on a regular basis.

We also keep handful of ships in the eastern Mediterranean full time as part of our missile defense network.

I’m not saying we won’t get involved but this sounds like typical RT bullshit.
    Last edited by Olo; 2012-12-06 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kippi View Post
    Can't tell if serious? Obama hasn't launched an actual war (maybe you could consider Libya, but that was the US following France and the UK from the NATO allegiance) in his term in office, he's dealing with the mess from the Bush administration...

And anti-war protesters are anti-war regardless of the candidate in office lol.
    Yeah he just uses Drones instead of ground invasions.
    That so much more liberal than ground invasions. *sarcasm*

Active drone warfare during Obama's reign:
    Libya
    Yemen
    Pakistan
    Somalia (some other African countries as well, forgot who though).

He is also planning on drone strikes and drone bases in:
    Philippines (Islamic terrorists are the next target).
    Australia (largest drone base on earth to confront China in the future).

So... So... So... LIBERAL!!

Syria has Sarin, Mustard, and a little VX.
    Most likely, he's even said it himself, I mean sure he could be talking bs but I doubt it.
    I doubt he will use them though but if he does use them on civies I'm pretty sure most of the world will call for some sort of intervention. Probably something in line with Lybia.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I don't know. Saddam killed 5,000 kurds with one sarin gas attack. This shit is no joke.

This is basically Assads last stand. He knows hes going to die soon. Might as well take the rebels out with him.
    I know these weapons aren't to be joked around with. I just don't see why the US has any obligation to go fix another country's problem. The US has nothing to gain by forcing Assad out of power, other than claiming to be doing the right thing.

There wont be any NATO ground troops in syria if syria does decide to use chemical weapons

But the full force of NATO airpower will be unleashed on syria and Assad wont know what hit him just like what happened in Libya

If i was Assad i would start packing for exile in South America right now before he gets a JDAM for christmas down his fucking chimney!

10+ Year Old Account
    If America goes "OMG AMURICA STAY OUT OF OTHER COUNTRIES BZNS" If American doesn't go "OMG AMURICA, WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING PEOPLE ARE DYING! AMURICA IS EVIL"
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I'm not concerned about making friends, or what people who already dislike America will say.

I can share the concern with costs and lives lost, but I think we could do this in a fashion very similar to Libya. I think there are good causes to use or military, and that this is one.
    I think there's absolutely nothing in it for us, and it's not our problem if bad things happen in other countries.

Saddam has WMDS. Change Saddam with Assad and WMDS with chemical weps new lie done. Americans are so gullible to fall for the same lies over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    Newsflash: US used nuclear weapons against civilians, twice.

Let them deal with it, it's their country.
    And many European nations have used chemical weapons of some sort as well as not being particular concerned with hitting civilian targets. Times change, but the fact that your comment about nukes has nothing to do with whether or not intervention is warranted is irrelevant dribble will always be the case.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    Saddam has WMDS. Change Saddam with Assad and WMDS with chemical weps new lie done. Americans are so gullible to fall for the same lies over and over again.
    I hope you know that it isn't actually tinfoil on your head, it's aluminum foil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I hope you know that it isn't actually tinfoil on your head, it's aluminum foil.
    I don't know what kind of tinfoil I use, but tell me where are the WMDs in Iraq? U.S. officials told NBC News that Syria is preparing chemical weapons. To me it sounds like the same lies that were used to get people to approve the war in Iraq.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I know these weapons aren't to be joked around with. I just don't see why the US has any obligation to go fix another country's problem. The US has nothing to gain by forcing Assad out of power, other than claiming to be doing the right thing.
    I'm certainly not advocating another ten year war followed by ten years of re-building infrastructure. I think we could do this in a manner very similar to Libya, although that's speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Let another country deal with it. Everyone wants to get all huffy about US intervention so maybe the other first world countries will step in to prevent a genocide. HAHAHA
    Fuckin' seriously.

We spend an obscene amount of money trying to "help" foreign countries and the american taxpayers don't get a damn thing back for their investment. Can you just imagine if we spent all that money on NASA instead? Or didn't spend it at all, and cut taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    If America goes "OMG AMURICA STAY OUT OF OTHER COUNTRIES BZNS" If American doesn't go "OMG AMURICA, WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING PEOPLE ARE DYING! AMURICA IS EVIL"
    It's been like this for several decades, unfortunately. At least people are starting to realize how fickle global politics is.

meh let them sort it out. All the crying about US intervention, we should just sit this one out and let the "tough guys" handle their business. Then when they are facing annihilation they come on bended knee and beg for our help. Screw them and the rest of the people that think like them. I just want to ask them one thing....Hows it feel when Americans actually don't intervene now?
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think there's absolutely nothing in it for us, and it's not our problem if bad things happen in other countries.
    What's the cutoff point? Do we allow a modern day holocaust to happen and not intervene because its another country? I think chemical weapon use is a decent cutoff point for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    French are also apparently preparing to seize chemical stockpiles. http://www.lepoint.fr/chroniqueurs-d...1539285_53.php
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon