Anyone have experience with the Debuff Filter add-on? I need a replacement for it.

The author is no longer updating the add-on, and was wondering if anyone familiar with it could point me towards a suitable replacement. Basically, I used it to show the small handful of buffs for me and debuffs for my enemy that I had to track. On my DK for example I would show Vampiric Blood, Icebound Fortitude and so on while showing Diseases on my target. It's simple, but I loved it. I know I can use other things but I want something very similar to Debuff Filter if possible.

I included a link to an old SS using dfilter. Notice the 3 buffs I'm tracking over my units health bar. I want to replicate this as close as possible.
    http://i.imgur.com/nOoWH.jpg

Thanks for you help.

I don't think I ever used that addon, but TellMeWhen could do what you want, and much much more. You could also try out PowerAuras/WeakAuras (prefer the latter personally).

Deleted
    Jup i used /dfilter back in naxxramas 80, with the ulduar-patch i got problems with it and fixing took to long for me.
    Switched to PowerAuras and then to WeakAuras. Both addons should do the job for you!

I'd definitely agree with switching to Weak Auras. There are tons of guides on setting everything up and it's crazy how much the addon can do.

I'm familiar with WeakAuras, but I'm trying to avoid it right now. I just d/l'd TellMeWhen and it seems perfect, I just don't know how to have it show the remaining time for buffs/debuffs underneath the icon like in the picture I provided. Anybody know how to do this?

For example, I have it showing Arcane Brilliance and Frost Armor right now and I'm trying to get the timer to show for each buff. I've check Show Timer and Show Timer Text within the Timer Sweep area of the Icon Settings Window. Still no timer. What am I missing?
    Last edited by PriestLuna; 2012-12-06 at 04:25 PM.

As for the text placement, you just need to create a new text layout and put it where you want it, and then make sure the icon uses that layout.

In the config, go Text Layouts -> Create New Layout. Then under Display 1 you change the anchor to where you want it (Point: Bottom Right for example).
    Then you go into the group of your icons and find Text Layout and choose the one you just created.
    Under the icon config, scroll down to Text Displays and under 1. enter [Duration:TMWFormatDuration].

I created one quickly for Legacy of the Emperor just to show you: http://i.imgur.com/OjFAV.jpg
    (Icon config: http://i.imgur.com/cm2Iv.jpg)

If you want the text inside the icons like Show Timer Text under Timer Sweep on the individual icon configs, then you need OmniCC. I think you do not need the addon to do it the way I described above.

Hope that works out, don't hesitate to ask if you need more help.

Ya I was trying to go that route...but when I hit the drop-down for Text Layout in the Group menu and select something it doesn't register and just goes back to "Select Layout...". It feels like that aspect isn't working properly, or maybe I'm not hitting something that would activate the Text Layout to being usable?

I can live with it just being in the center of the icon how it is now by default. I would prefer it be at the bottom or underneath like the picture if possible. Also, the text/font seems tied to my OmniCC settings. The icons on my actionbar are a little larger than these bars I'm tracking with TellMeWhen so it's a bit annoying to have the same size font for both sets of icons. Like I said I can live with it though.
    Last edited by PriestLuna; 2012-12-06 at 05:27 PM.

If you like simple stuff like me you should use rFilter or sFilter spells, much less bloated and uses no resources.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    Ya I was trying to go that route...but when I hit the drop-down for Text Layout in the Group menu and select something it doesn't register and just goes back to "Select Layout...". It feels like that aspect isn't working properly, or maybe I'm not hitting something that would activate the Text Layout to being usable?
    Yeah it displays "Select Layout" on all of my groups as well, but the text displays are still working properly. Are yours not showing up then?

I use IceHUD, if you're trying to avoid WeakAuras I believe it's fairly similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    You could also try iFilger out.
    Its a really nice all in one addon for tracking buffs/debuffs/cooldowns/ICD's. Its actually part of Tuk UI, but is also available as stand alone version.
    Don't forget to check github for more screenshots for specific classes.
    Last edited by mmoc1ecc05e467; 2012-12-07 at 09:15 AM.