Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

An Apology to the Community

Yesterday, I said some very disrespectful and selfish things about the class design team at Blizzard. They decided as a team that Cataclysm was the right spell to go with for Destruction, but in my pride, I made it about myself. I felt powerless to influence the meeting and took out my frustration publicly.

That has led to a series of correct decisions on the part of the Blizzard, as a game designer does not speak for the company and doing so, especially in a negative light about the team he works with everyday is extremely destructive to team cohesion.

I am no longer with Blizzard and I believe this was the right call for both of us.

Best Wishes,
    Alex B.

All I can really say is, good luck in the future, Alex.

I will burn your soul.

Deleted
    Whaaat ? Nooooo

Deleted
    OMg sorry to hear that, You will be missed by the warlocks Community.

Personal it was great to see a amazing dev give us insight into being a dev.
    For the first time in 6 years it seemed that blizzard loved warlocks again.
    Lets hope we dont disappear off blizzards radar again.

Im sure if you put the same passion in your next Job you will be very successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Nooooo! We finally had a designer that cared about our class. Please say this is a trolling post.

This is so incredibly unfortunate. Best of luck to you in the future.

Still can't believe that people actually think that "this" user is working for Blizz
    Kudos to one of the greatest trolls on MMO-C o7

Deleted
    Still can't believe that people actually think that "this" user is working for Blizz
    Yeah, not like he discussed and announced every Warlock change here for 6 months, right ?

This is a sad day for the Warlocks, I really fear what is going to come with the next dev. Return to the blind decisions ?

Xelnath, you were always a great asset to the community and these forums. We love ya mate! So sorry it didn't work out for ya! I think it says a lot about you as a person to stand up for what you believe in, even if it doesn't follow the general consensus. Keep it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    we don't get along at all, but good luck in your future endeavors.

Deleted
    So you basically quit because you couldn't have your own way?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Yeah, not like he discussed and announced every Warlock change here for 6 months, right ?

This is a sad day for the Warlocks, I really fear what is going to come with the next dev. Return to the blind decisions ?
    Hold on a second. I'll create a new MMO-C account with named after a random developer, do some research about stuff and post information that can be found via search engines for X-amount of time on this forums. Clearly this makes me into a game developer!

Signed;

Mike M.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    So you basically quit because you couldn't have your own way?
    no. if the story he tells is true, than he was fired because he said what he shouldn't about blizzard over the internet.

well, if it's all true, I wish you good luck in the future
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It was nice to see your posts and it really made it feel like Blizz was actually listening to the warlock community. Every Warlock will be at a loss with your absence! Always sad when you can do things well and in one quick slip of the tongue destroy everything you have worked for. Best of luck in the future!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Thalos-I View Post
    on this forums.
    Moron, and stupid, yes you are.

oh boy, gg its sad to hear that even more its sad to knwo that im going back to the cata desing

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on a second. I'll create a new MMO-C account with named after a random developer, do some research about stuff and post information that can be found via search engines for X-amount of time on this forums. Clearly this makes me into a game developer!

Signed;

Mike M.
    dude. i've received my share of infractions around here, but you are straight up trolling. advanced knowledge of abilities like cataclysm, havoc cd reduction to 25s, countless bug fixes from the beginning of beta until now. you are full of shit. gtfo.

Signed;

Mike M.
    Damn, he must also be a psychic considering he called numerous buffs/nerfs before they happened, and told all of us what Cataclysm did before Blizz released it.

He is legit, makes me sad. Best warlock dev. Good luck Xel
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Well that's really unfortunate to hear. Its been great talking to you about warlocks for the past months. Best of luck!