Thread: This Game! :D

Talking This Game! :D

I really like this game. There I said it... I left WoW for this game because I felt like I would love to have the immersive, create your own story MMO feeling except with my MOST favorite story/saga/trilogy in the world. Let alone that it is in my favorite time period of Star Wars. I left this game because I have been waiting for the Mac OS X client(inc haters) and my PC broke. I know I can bootcamp and stuff but I really don't want to. I got a trial of Parallels Desktop and Windows 7 Enterprise but it was glitchy. I will probably buy Windows 7 and bootcamp soon because I love this game. I have no idea why I made this post. Probably also because I am disappointed the way this game went. I wish more people would play. IDK... I guess you can just talk about how much you love the game I guess.
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Deleted
    it is a good game. I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the game and I play it every day. There, I said it as well. Strangely, I feel just as good after I said this as I did before I said it.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I have rarely complained about was the actual gameplay on SWTOR. In all honesty, its one of the best on the market. The grief I have comes from the people behind the wheel.

That being said, I will digress and focus on the positive. SWTOR has had my absolute favorite PvP experience across any current MMO (GW2 included despite straddling the line between MMO and something else). Classes were largely balanced, with a few notable exceptions being underpowered...specifically Sages/Sorcerers. But you did not see 1 class specifically dominating. Several classes came up in daily FotM discussions, but you always heard a mix of classes: Marauder/Sentinel, Vanguard/Powertech, Assassin/Shadow, Operative/Scoundrel (Healing), and Guardian/Juggernaut (Smash builds). That's the majority of the classes (however notably not all specs were viable).

Also, the actual PvP Warzones were interesting and well designed. Huttball was probably their greatest inovation and I absolutely loved it. I actually wish they would make some new Huttball maps to play on.

Very good and fun - but I am only coming from it's launch P2P scheme, have not tried since they swiitched to these cartel tokens - but from what I read I don't think I will like it now. But yea... everyone should play through at least one 50 (if that's even still cap) it is well put together from the story/coolness perspective.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Also, the actual PvP Warzones were interesting and well designed. Huttball was probably their greatest inovation and I absolutely loved it. I actually wish they would make some new Huttball maps to play on.
    Yeah, me too. It would seriously not be hard to create even 2 more maps, with multiple scoring objectives or two balls...I mean, the possibilities are endless. It's awesome.

On a side note: (don't hate) It forced wow to come up with some more creatve BGs and they have been pretty fun too. I'm very tired of capture the flag/point and kill everyone PvP. If I want that stuff I can go play paintball, which is far more fun. Give me something with a crazy objective I can't recreate in the real world. Huttball is like American Gladiators on space crack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah, me too. It would seriously not be hard to create even 2 more maps, with multiple scoring objectives or two balls...I mean, the possibilities are endless. It's awesome.

On a side note: (don't hate) It forced wow to come up with some more creatve BGs and they have been pretty fun too. I'm very tired of capture the flag/point and kill everyone PvP. If I want that stuff I can go play paintball, which is far more fun. Give me something with a crazy objective I can't recreate in the real world. Huttball is like American Gladiators on space crack.
    I want them to incorporate some sort of Rancor pit where the player can get grabbed and dragged into a pit (basically removing them from gameplay for a short time). Basically something other than the fire traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love it too, for all the reasons you mentioned op! I just need a Loop Music option for the epicness of John Williams soundtrack!!!

Deleted
    InB4 haters....
    I've played since early access and I'm still enjoying it...who can not love the hum and clash of lightsabers or the growl of your Wookie companion as you shoot down a bad guy with your Smuggler
    I love the combat animations and the story lines. I enjoy huttball more now there is same faction WZ and an evening of PvP is no longer Huttball x4, VS, Hutball x 4, ACW.....
    I know there are bugs that really should be sorted but if you focus on the postives and not the negatives it is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Very good and fun - but I am only coming from it's launch P2P scheme, have not tried since they swiitched to these cartel tokens - but from what I read I don't think I will like it now. But yea... everyone should play through at least one 50 (if that's even still cap) it is well put together from the story/coolness perspective.
    You shouldn't let the new subscription model deter you. If you sub like before you get the same thing as you once did the only difference is that you have the option to payless if you are only interested in certain aspects of the game.

I personally like the PvP in this game and am looking into coming back. Having more WZs would be nice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Under your couch, munchin on the tater chip left overs
    I too am coming over from WoW. The only reason I have no subbed to get the full experience is that I can only pay for one game at a time, and I bought a 6 month game time card for WoW before I heard about SWTOR (yeah, I don't go to a lot of gaming sites to read news ). As soon as I can though, I am subscribing.

I have absolutely no complaints about the play style, game mechanics, or anything like that. Just, I hope they get their Customer Support act together really soon.
    If it ain't broke, yer not trying.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keeker View Post
    I have absolutely no complaints about the play style, game mechanics, or anything like that. Just, I hope they get their Customer Support act together really soon.
    Yeah...not many companies really have that down well. You'll have good and bad experiences everywhere.

The best part about switching games that whatever you are leaving will more than likely still be there in 6 months. Well, switching from WoW to something else leaves you the proverbial safety net. So it's always good to seek out some new games! SWTOR is definitely a great one since you technically don't need to spend money right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy swtor to a degree. It's not better then wow though. Class stories are the only stories worth a darn plane story's 9 times out of 10 are extremely boring.Combat still feel clunky and sluggish, one of the appeals of wow's combat system for me is how they can fit multiple animations in such a short span. Another thing is the races they're literally all the same except a different face. Now for some more good stuff. I like there daily system it doesn't feel like a chore. Flashpoints are for the most part well designed and fun but they feel on the long side for me. All the raids from EV to EC have been alright nothing ground breaking BUT TFB is probably one of the funnest raids I have done in any game in a very VERY long time. This game isn't super bad but its not super good either, theres still a lot of things that need to be kinked out. Oh and if it helps I've been subbed since day one and played in the beta.