Ordered Something From A USA Website, Question Regarding Shipping....

Hi all

I live in Canada and ordered something for my niece since they don't have any in Canada and this item has been out of stock for almost 2 months and it says it should be here by the 14th of December, but have a question.

I used this website and right on the product information regarding shipping to Canada they have this:
    This item ships with UPS, FedEx, or occasionally USPS. (and then underneath)
    Canadian orders will be delivered via Purolator or Fedex.

Now I liked the second part where it says they will use purolator or fedex to ship to Canada and this was one of the big reasons I chose this site. I have had nothing but problems with UPS, many issues with the shipping and a few problems where they also charge an extra 40-100$ for brokerage. They are their own broker so they can set their own fees, usually it should be based on the value of the item only, but have had a few times on a 20$ item it cost an extra 60$. When I have had stuffed shipped by fedex or purolator from the states I have not been charge anything extra for brokerage and no bills later in the mail.

Would this be false advertisement? I know I won't do anything because it is a Christmas present and I really want it, but I don't think I will order from them again just because of this. Would you be upset? Would you send an email asking them why it was shipped by UPS to Canada when on their website it specifically says otherwise for Canadian orders? I guess I needed to vent and will see what my extra bill might be lol The shipping alone was 63$ and the item was 55$, but that was the cheapest in the states and none in Canada.

So was the item shipped to you by UPS? You didn't actually say in between whining about previous experiences and asking questions about false advertising.

10+ Year Old Account
    i live in canada and pls for the love of god dont take ups to shit your things you will get ripoff go whit usps and you wont pay as mutch as you would whit ups ( my dad got charge 80$ duty for a 200$ watch)

Would it be false advertisement? No. It would however be breach of contract. They are contractually binding themselves to deliver to Canada by either Purolator or Fedex.

Now, can you do anything about it if they don't? Well you can certainly complain. And you might get something done.......but probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So was the item shipped to you by UPS? You didn't actually say in between whining about previous experiences and asking questions about false advertising.
    "Would you send an email asking them why it was shipped by UPS to Canada when on their website it specifically says otherwise for Canadian orders?"

Sorry I didn't come out and say it, but thought with this question that people might see it was shipped by ups. Yes it was shipped by UPS ground with a UPS tracking number.

Thanks Kulanae, I don't think there is anything I can do, but was more upset seeing that shipped by UPS with a UPS tracking number. I am just hoping now that the broker fees will not be crazy lol