Thread: Holy Power

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I personally am not a fan of Holy Power at all either. I see it's applications for Ret and agree that most likely the worse part about it is Inquisition. However, I F-ing hate it with Prot. I've actually loathed Prot more and more to the point where I've actually replaced my "Pally Love" for my Death Knight.

Personally, I didn't mind Ret so much in TBC as I did other players opinions on Ret because math isn't for everyone.

But yeah, I hate it for Prot and Holy and still fail to understand it's "need" to be added. When it first was introduced I felt like a really crappy Rogue, which doesn't bode well as I really don't like Rogues combo point system either.

Then again, I've steadily disliked the overall reduction and drastic change to paladins over the last two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I personally am not a fan of Holy Power at all either. I see it's applications for Ret and agree that most likely the worse part about it is Inquisition. However, I F-ing hate it with Prot. I've actually loathed Prot more and more to the point where I've actually replaced my "Pally Love" for my Death Knight.

Personally, I didn't mind Ret so much in TBC as I did other players opinions on Ret because math isn't for everyone.

But yeah, I hate it for Prot and Holy and still fail to understand it's "need" to be added. When it first was introduced I felt like a really crappy Rogue, which doesn't bode well as I really don't like Rogues combo point system either.

Then again, I've steadily disliked the overall reduction and drastic change to paladins over the last two expansions.
    What would you prefer?

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love how holy power and prot intertwine. Its the most fun prot pally tanking has been since, well, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    I honestly miss seal twisting, when seals had a 2 min buff time, and DIDN'T get used on judge
    Seal Twisting was done away with 3.0 and back during the 'Seal Twisting era' Seals had a 30 second duration. The two mintue durations on Seals were introduced after 3.0's release.

OT: Haven't played my Paladin a whole lot after Wrath, but my god is it different now as opposed to pre-Wrath.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Holy power is the best thing that has happened to paladins, ever.
    This. It has made playing the class much more interesting.

i love the holy power idea , but yea inquisition sometime is a pain in the ARS i wish a little buff for the duration

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    That's nothing. If my guild lusts at the start, I can easily get 180-220k. Same with the ele Shaman in our guild. However, at the end of the fight, I've done about 90k dps.
    Its actually the same with every single dps class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Warlocks seem to do high damage to begin with, then keep doing high damage as the fight goes on without any significant spikes. I'm no Warlock though, so I can't speak too specifically about their mechanics.

I don't know what all the hate is about the old Seal of Command. I'm an original wow'er and maybe I was spoiled with a Hand of Ragnaros early on. But when SoC would proc, I would smash someone's face in. Top that with the OP proc from Sulfuras and the horde in Alterac Valley thought it was rain, lol.

Seriously though, so many paladins in vanilla wanted to be warriors. With the introduction of spell power coefficients for ret, adding spell power as a matter of DPS was win, especially with SoC. I remember going head to head in MC with a Warriordin, and I bested him meters wise. I kind of miss the old SoC, and this is the SoC before they changed the swing/proc animation. The new animation delayed the SoC hit when it procced and that pissed me off a bit.

Personally it ruined holy for me. I switched to ret when it came out, and learned to play ret with Holy Power for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Not really. Most dps classes that have a buff or debuff to keep up have it done automatically through their skills - things like rolling dots, curses, hunter's mark and whatnot. Whereas Paladins lose a gigantic chunk of our damage - around 20% or more - should Inquisition fall off and every time we refresh it a paladin misses out on a 235% weapon hit or a heal.

If Inquisition was something I just turned on and then it refreshed every time I hit TV then I'd be fine with it, or was something applied with TV as a mob debuff. Still has a bit of a skill cap as it could drop upon swapping targets, moving and the like, but not nearly as painful.

I'm just glad they cut down somewhat on the number of CDs we had to keep track of but our burst is still too high and our sustained too low. Though part of that is that many other classes have MUCH stronger executes that aren't tied to a CD which brings their DPS up much higher at the last 20 to 35%.

I hope everyone who dislikes inquisition and holy power stops playing the class. The less paladins the better.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I hope everyone who dislikes inquisition and holy power stops playing the class. The less paladins the better.
    I hope everyone with this mentality stops playing. The less haters the better.

See what I did there? Remember, feedback is generally what change is based off. The developers learn nothing from people who say "I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CLASS, ESPECIALLY THE THINGS OTHER PEOPLE DONT LIKE DERP".

Personally, I enjoy Holy Power as a mechanic but I'm definitely opposed to Inquisition. It just feels boring to keep up, and it distracts from a smooth dps rotation in order to keep up such a short, mandatory buff. Definitely needs reworking to make it either fun or automatically generating.

EDIT: Ah Froggi makes a strong point below, I like HoPo for Prot. I'm used to it for Ret (although it can leave the rotation a little dry sometimes).
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-12-10 at 11:39 PM.

A lot of inquisitions' frustration would go away if they would simply give us a short to medium length CD that would either a) instantly generate 3 hopo or b) apply a full length inquisition. Make it, say, 120 second CD dropped to 90 through a talent. It would allow us to get inq going at the beginning of the fight and also give us a rebuff without losing the only hard hitting ability that we have.

OT, hopo for me depends on which spec you are talking about. I like it in holy, in prot I've gotten used to it, but even with the improvements (and don't misread, it's a LOT better than it was in cata) ret still feels...stupid to me. Especially in PVP, we are useless without someone to off heal. It is too easy to catch a ret with his pants down, get jumped by any other class when you have no hopo and inq just fell off and you are pretty much screwed. It leaves you with the choice of surviving via WoG or doing damage, but not both like so many other classes can do.

in pvp it would help a lot , maybe retribution some how lack of low dps coz he chose to heal him self with WoG better then spend them on refreshing inquisition , coz i dont think anyone with low hp and he have 3 holy powers and his inquisition is off will refresh it ....

15+ Year Old Account
    I can understand why they gave holy power to ret and prot but I never got why they gave it to holy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I can understand why they gave holy power to ret and prot but I never got why they gave it to holy.
    paladin mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Not really. Most dps classes that have a buff or debuff to keep up have it done automatically through their skills - things like rolling dots, curses, hunter's mark and whatnot. Whereas Paladins lose a gigantic chunk of our damage - around 20% or more - should Inquisition fall off and every time we refresh it a paladin misses out on a 235% weapon hit or a heal.

If Inquisition was something I just turned on and then it refreshed every time I hit TV then I'd be fine with it, or was something applied with TV as a mob debuff. Still has a bit of a skill cap as it could drop upon swapping targets, moving and the like, but not nearly as painful.

I'm just glad they cut down somewhat on the number of CDs we had to keep track of but our burst is still too high and our sustained too low. Though part of that is that many other classes have MUCH stronger executes that aren't tied to a CD which brings their DPS up much higher at the last 20 to 35%.
    Yeah ret is the only spec in the game that has anything to monitor, everything else bursts 250k and stays there with 1 button.

You find inquisition to hard to keep up, really?

in pvp yea its hard to keep it up !!!! , pve no ur fighting an AI so it doesnt bothers me, but still warriors had their buff duration for commanding shout i remember it was 1 min

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    You find inquisition to hard to keep up, really?
    No.

But it's an outdated mechanic, one which doesn't do the job that it is intended to perform, one which Blizzard themselves have acknowledged is not fun mechanic, one that is simply a chore to keep up and one that feels bad for many players.

EJL