10+ Year Old Account

Confused about my DPS.

This is my toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...india/advanced

Aside from missing the obvious enchants and gemming, I'm confused as to how I'm doing the rotation wrong. In fact I don't think I'm doing it wrong at all.

When I'm DPSing something as Fury I seem to lack Rage to do anything at all. I rarely get Raging Blow and Bloodsurge procs and I'm literally sitting there waiting for BT to get off CD so I can get rage and use Heroic Strike when I'm at 80+ Rage. I use Berserker Rage and Shouts off CD but it just isn't enough.

I need help!

You have 10% crit which makes Fury practically unplayable. I would recommend going Arms and farming Heroics/raid finder until you can boast around 20% crit unbuffed. And get some professions.

you're crit (due to gear) is way too low to play fury efficiently, try going arms for now and switch back to fury when you're sitting on at least 20% crit unbuffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks guys. I knew it had to be a crit issue of some type, just wanted to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    you're crit (due to gear) is way too low to play fury efficiently, try going arms for now and switch back to fury when you're sitting on at least 20% crit unbuffed.
    It is a but old thread (old... well, since Dec 6) but isn't this 20% unbuffed thingy a bit high? I mean for a warrior that starts gearing up? If you have all 463 plus some 476epics you still cannot reach 20% unbuffed. You can reach like 15-16%. For instance look at this warrior

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...disdead/simple

She has done anything in the first week at 90. She has run MV,HoF and ToS once and as you can see she only looted back, wrists and neck (off topic she reached exalted with klaxxi after 3rd day at dailies! Go go go commendations). She gemmed, enchanted, etc and she is still at 16.25% crit. Now, in order to reach 20% and go play fury, well... it is not that easy since raiding gear is needed. That means you cannot play effectively as spec till you get almost full epic gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to update this thread: I've currently acquired more gear.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...india/advanced

I'm currently rocking 2 Shin Ka's and I still don't know if I should stay Arms or go Fury. My Crit unbuffed is about 14.74%. I don't know if this is still too low to play Fury effectively? Any opinions/help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post

I'm currently rocking 2 Shin Ka's and I still don't know if I should stay Arms or go Fury. My Crit unbuffed is about 14.74%. I don't know if this is still too low to play Fury effectively? Any opinions/help would be appreciated!
    Correct. 20% is the sweet spot unbuffed.

You can. Just won't be really fun. Anyways are you serious about that 600 haste cogwheel in your engi helmet ?

Deleted
    I took a fast look at your gear and have to point few things. Few pieces of your gear are terrible for fury, itemisation-wise (I can't post links yet so I leave you with searching for items on wowhead :P ):
    ring - haste/mastery=no crit=terrible, get something like "Blade Trap Signet", will solve some of your exp issues;
    boots - haste/mastery again, change them for "Anchoring Sabatons", even though they have lower ilvl amount of crit will be better for your dps
    gloves - hit/mastery, not all that bad but if you are serious about gearing your warrior - and by seeing your relic of xuen I assume you are - get crafted gloves or even "Dark Blaze Gauntlets"
    cloak - hit/haste, again not bad but getting something with crit will be better, "Cloak of Failing Will" should be fine for time being.
    helm - get that haste cogwheel out and put the one with hit.
    The way I geared my warrior for MV and through MV was getting as much crit as I could, preferably on every piece of gear I had. And I ended up above 20% crit with only ilvl 468. You should have no problem with double Shinka's. Hope I was of some use.

Still need more crit to make the rotation smooth out in my opinion. Anything below 20% really gets squirrely and you'll have a lot of downtime where you're not enraged and cant use raging blow. I noticed you have a haste tinker's gear in your helm, that needs to go. haste is our worst stat, replace that with hit or expertise and reforge other pieces accordingly. Ideally you'll have crit on every piece of gear, either natively or reforged the worst stat to crit. The same applies to gems. everything should be either straight crit, or crit/something to get the socket bonus.

Oh and work up your blacksmithing some so you can socket your gloves/bracers. Thats another 640 crit you're missing out on.

With the gear you have, I think you can play fury effectively if you just fix a few things and get the most out of what you have.

Shit. I revived the thread and they all answered to Quirin only! I know he was the OP but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Shit. I revived the thread and they all answered to Quirin only! I know he was the OP but still...
    Well honestly I don't really see the question in your post. Yes getting 20% crit unbuffed without raid gear isn't really easy if even possible at all especially when going smf. You still can go for fury and personally while of course the rotation was even worse when it is now I didn't really recognize a huge difference between arms and fury once I was in full heroic dungeon gear but well.

If you go for items with main state haste then no you won't have 20% crit is low item level. I was running with around 22-23% crit the first week of MoP though, so it's definitely possible. In fact a lot of the heroic blues have more of their item budget spent on crit than some of the raid epics. Using stuff like bracers, gloves, chest and legs from MSV lfr is a surefire way to make sure your crit stays low. Go for things like Conq legs/belt, crafted chest/gloves, valor helm/shoulders/ring and Golden lotus exalted neck. Basically there are a lot of badly itemized entry level epics, and that armory profile you linked could have much more crit with only blue gear. If you want to play fury, and have a decent time doing so, get the best crit blues you can get and choose your upgrades carefully from there, it might be better to stay TG also until you get better gear.

Look at how much of your gear either has either no crit at all or just a small amount of reforged crit. It is possible to have crit as main stat in nearly every slot even at low gear level, and it can make a pretty big difference. Also using 160 exp/crit gems instead of 80str/160crit will allow you to reforge less into exp, and into more crit instead on those pieces where you dont have crit as a main stat.
    Last edited by Mataru; 2012-12-12 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The haste cogwheel was for my Arms spec. I am aware that it's the least desirable stat for Fury I just couldn't be bothered changing it.

I really need some type of list of changes I can make, though I still think I need more gear.
    Last edited by Quirin; 2012-12-13 at 01:12 AM.

You shouldn't be using Berserker Rage off CD. Have some sort of buff tracker such as NeedToKnow to track when you're enraged and when you aren't. Berserker Rage can be used to fill gaps in your rotation that you mentioned are a problem.

Fill any other open spots in your rotation with Battle Shout, Impending Victory (If you have that) or Heroic Throw.
    Last edited by Drevii; 2012-12-13 at 02:37 AM.

Here you go: http://chardev.org/profile/15355-474...rit-build.html

Same item level as you have currently, with changes you can get from 1-2 weeks of conq and valor farming assuming you start from 0, plus investing a few k gold and running heroics. 22% crit with both hit and exp capped, that profile should be attainable within a week. Further, there are other upgrades that while still not that hard to get, might require more time or some rng luck: Boots from Stone guard, Cloak from Feng, Chest from Garalon/tier chest, Valor Bracers, Valor Helm, neck from Golden Lotus exalted, conq ring, 5.1 faction etc.

Just for the sake of argument I've included a blues only build with a crit value of well over 20%: http://chardev.org/profile/15357-463...rit-build.html

That's pretty much how my char looked the first week of MoP, except I had the Brewfest trinket instead of Carbuncle and the 476 crafted chest/gloves. So yes it is entirely possible to attain decent values of crit even with 463 ilvl, sure you might be giving up higher potential str and overall higher sum of secondary stats, but at least it makes fury playable and enjoyable while you grind for better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    Here you go: http://chardev.org/profile/15355-474...rit-build.html

Same item level as you have currently, with changes you can get from 1-2 weeks of conq and valor farming assuming you start from 0, plus investing a few k gold and running heroics. 22% crit with both hit and exp capped, that profile should be attainable within a week. Further, there are other upgrades that while still not that hard to get, might require more time or some rng luck: Boots from Stone guard, Cloak from Feng, Chest from Garalon/tier chest, Valor Bracers, Valor Helm, neck from Golden Lotus exalted, conq ring, 5.1 faction etc.

Just for the sake of argument I've included a blues only build with a crit value of well over 20%: http://chardev.org/profile/15357-463...rit-build.html

That's pretty much how my char looked the first week of MoP, except I had the Brewfest trinket instead of Carbuncle and the 476 crafted chest/gloves. So yes it is entirely possible to attain decent values of crit even with 463 ilvl, sure you might be giving up higher potential str and overall higher sum of secondary stats, but at least it makes fury playable and enjoyable while you grind for better gear.

Thank you so much dude.

I still find it retarded that Fury needs a certain amount of Crit to be playable. Blizz has some explaining to do.

I'm also sad that I have to get rid of some of the epics I worked hard to get too. But I will pull more DPS with that build?
    Last edited by Quirin; 2012-12-13 at 03:56 AM.

Thank you so much dude.

I still find it retarded that Fury needs a certain amount of Crit to be playable. Blizz has some explaining to do.

I'm also sad that I have to get rid of some of the epics I worked hard to get too. But I will pull more DPS with that build?
    I find it even more retarded that with enough Crit it's so piss easy and overpowered that you can be sure it's going to get nerfed in later tiers when our Crit skyrockets through the roof.

Yes you should definitely pull more dps with the crit build.