Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No Progressive Nerfs = Point of FoS's?

So GC said that progressive nerfs are unlikely to happen this tier. If so, what's the point of the FoS from heroic raiding, other than "I didn't go back and lol this boss on Heroic in T16 LFR gear"? The feat specifically mentions the debuffs last I checked. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81 see descriptions.

Personally, I don't see why they wouldn't have some progressive nerfs - there are still a lot of guilds stuck on normal Elegon and Garalon, and if they cannot progress they'll probably just unsub or quit playing very much. Like it or not, these guys pay more of the sub fees than "we killed Sha of Fear first week" guilds do, PERIOD. Maybe not derp 35% total nerf like in DS, maybe 5% every 2 months or something a bit lower/slower. Or, go in and manually make changes to certain fights on Normal to remove the stupid from them, like 30 extra seconds on Garalon, or less health on Elegon, etc. People getting super stuck is NOT good for the game. But neither are super sudden nerfs like the late FL nerfs.

Elegon (N): 17177 (52.13%)
    Garalon (N): 9895 (30.03%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

GC explained his reasoning. There are so many ways to obtain gear now you don't even have to kill Elegon to get better gear than what he drops. Thus you can outgear the encounter and breeze through it. Every normal mode this tier can be trivialized by more gear and enchants/gems since the mechanics aren't tuned too tightly.

Plus knowing blizzard they will prob do some individual adjustments on every fight close to end of 5.1.

They only said no Nerf till 5.2 they didn't say that when 5.2 comes out they wont Nerf it. I mean at this point they could nerf elegon then everyone would be whiping on something else there is always something that could be nerfed. Blizz likes the current level of raids. There not overly hard even my casual alt raid with friends who arn't always that good at the game is 1/6H 2/6 0/4 atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt T11 was fine, but something seems off about T14, maybe it's all the damn dailies and some PvP gear being "highly recommended" for any guild that isn't top tier for the first part of the tier. I mean, LFR helps, but you still have some stupidly good items available for almost no effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

nerf normals all you want. i feel that normals should be somewhat puggable by alts in trade. maybe not faceroll it but not being stuck. leave heroics alone imo like in t11
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    nerf normals all you want. i feel that normals should be somewhat puggable by alts in trade. maybe not faceroll it but not being stuck. leave heroics alone imo like in t11
    It's unlikely they will pull another T11

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    leave heroics alone imo like in t11
    They didn't leave the content alone in Tier 11 tho, they heavely nerfed almost all bosses. I remember Magmaw being nerfed to insanity for instance.

I don't want to have back T11. A lot of content somehow felt kind of buggy to me. This nearly impossible hyper speed clicking on Atramedes or Maloriak. Omnitron luck stuff. There was a lot stuff that didn't work really good. This Tier I think all bosses are kind of "fair". When you play them right they will fall.

I think the 5% debuff will kick in during January, if you're stuck at some Bosses it will be a long time until new Content comes out.

Considering that the 5.2 Raid will come during march - april, i doubt that T14 will run about 6 months without any overall nerfs.

Deleted
    The new valor point upgrade system is the hidden nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    [...] Omnitron luck stuff. [...]
    Spirit Kings luck. Oh wait, fixed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said they might in 5.2.

Which is a fine philosophy IMO. Obsoleting content while it's still the only relevant content is bad design.

Deleted
    We are stuck to elegon N for now and The last thing I want is a nerf. I want to kill a boss because my guild deserve it, killing things without difficulty make just raiding pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapiChapo View Post
    We are stuck to elegon N for now and The last thing I want is a nerf. I want to kill a boss because my guild deserve it, killing things without difficulty make just raiding pointless.
    Don't worry, you have atleast 3-4 months to kill Elegon before new content comes out. Hopefully they have enough sense to wait until atleast Februari for nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    The new valor point upgrade system is the hidden nerf.
    This!
    /10char

I think they're waiting to see if the "spend VP to add 4 points of ilvl to an item" mechanic has any effect on overall raid progression before adding more nerfs into the mix.

The nerfs will eventually come though, even if it's next tier before it happens. They'll probably turn off the requirement to beat Shek'zeer before going to TotES as well.

Deleted
    Tier 11 got nerfed a lot, especially on 10man. At the start some bosses, like 25man Al'Akir and 10man Magmaw & V+T, were pretty much unkillable. I remember the fire AoE on omnitron getting nerfed about 4 different times. It's true they didn't do the flat % nerfs or remove mechanics (other than for "fixes") though.

Flat percentage nerfs are a bad idea, they don't feel rewarding for guilds benefiting from them (they have seen the bosses die on LFR/Normal already), and they devalue the accomplishments of people who cleared it when it was hard, since most of the community just remembers the easiest versions of the bosses
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2012-12-06 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre4m View Post
    Don't worry, you have atleast 3-4 months to kill Elegon before new content comes out. Hopefully they have enough sense to wait until atleast Februari for nerfs.
    They didn't wait with DS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Spirit Kings luck. Oh wait, fixed.
    I wouldn't consider the spirit kings change a huge nerf. On heroic, every guild reset the boss until they got one of the "doable" combos anyway. For me, it was just an adjustment to make the fight less rng, not a nerf. The same damage/health is still there.

Should have been a fixed rotation from the beginning.

They could just change what the FoS is awarded for, if they're not going to do the nerfs. Instead it could be for killing the boss during 5.0/5.1, before a new tier of raiding is released. That'd work pretty well I think.