10+ Year Old Account

LFR Sha touched weapon and tier piece of guardian??

Presently I have ilvl 489 Imperion Spaulders equipted. I have the LFR shoulder piece. It would give me 2-set bonus if I would use it. Is it worth to "downgrade" my ilvl and stats a abit and go for the 2-set bonus or not? I find that Might of Ursoc good thing to use when needed, but it doesn't seem that goof of a bonus.

Which leads me to another thing, if I would get another tier piece from LFR and I already have higher ilvl item equip, should I get the 3 pieces' of a set or just wait for the 4th one as well?

Next up is question about the Sha-touched weapon. I have 489 polearm from Kings. If I get the weapon and finish my gem quest, I personally don't see the point why should I use the LFR staff nor the gem in it. As if I compared the LFR wep to the present one I have it was a major downgrade both DPS and stat vise. Or would tossing the LFR sha-touched wep. asside, be a bad idea?

I won't get any time soon any normal set pieces or the wep, as our progress is not that good. So I have to make idiotic choices like that.

T14's 2/4 sets don't seem to be as crazy as T13 but shorter tank CDs are never bad to have.

As for the weapon, unless you really need the extra expertise the staff offers, I'd stick with the polearm from Spirit Kings. The LFR sha-touched weapon is weaker in all aspects compared to the normal polearm, especially since you can't socket the weapon with 750 stamina. 500 agility is such a minor increase to dodge that you won't notice it, and your crit/ap should already be pretty crazy from the rest of your gear.

You gain 438 agi from the sha touched weapon, which is more crit, ap, and dodge than screaming tiger, and honestly, any expertise over the soft cap, isnt bad as a tank, its less chance you have to get parried, which leads to more mitigation. And dps wise, for cat (I have worked out the math in the feral dps thread) any gao rei with the gem beats out any screaming tiger so the same could hold true for bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could I would go for expertise hard cap, but that means loosing too much crit and other stats. I have atmo afaik 8% expertise. So the fact that my expertise goes over the cap is a none issue to me.

EDIT: Ran myself through wowreforge and tried to get as close to exp. hard cap as possible loosing haste and mastery. Seems kind of doable afaik.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

For the weapon comparison I compared the item in dungeon journal against the one which I have equip and first thing what caught my eye was the fact it is direct 2k DPS loss on top of all other stats.

Hmm. My OS is feral.
    Cona, can you link the page you're math is on, in the feral thread? Not that I would understand math, but just to give it a quick read.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2012-12-06 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    5732.42 + 23011.237 + 1503.99 + 871.15 = 31118.797 H Tiger
    7632.89 + 21760.134 + 1200.6 + 1216.35 = 31809.974 Reg Gao-Rei. If anyone was curious about the math between Gao-Rei reg with the gem, and the heroic polearm from Spirit Kings.
    There they are. Its the same for lfr vs reg

10+ Year Old Account
    W/o the gems the sha-touched thing is crappier, but with the gem it is better then? TY Cona for the quote from your post.

Still I am interested on more thoughts on downgradeing 489 gear to 483 set items? Aka change the item or wait for 2/4-set bonus before replacing items?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    W/o the gems the sha-touched thing is crappier, but with the gem it is better then? TY Cona for the quote from your post.

Still I am interested on more thoughts on downgradeing 489 gear to 483 set items? Aka change the item or wait for 2/4-set bonus before replacing items?
    Honestly, I would have to say yes, any cds that you can use more often, is going to be an increase in survivability, 6 item levels isnt much, looking at the heroic helm from Will vs my tier helm, is like, 27 dps difference, so the the difference is very negligible, while adding in the 1 minute off of MoU, will beat it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah! So from 5 min Ursoc CD 4 minute CD. Or If I unglyph it, to 2 minutes. With our DPS that allows me to use this 3-4 times during a fight :P.pretty decent.

I need to compare the tier items bit more then I guess (too bad that dungeon journal only lists token, not the items). So it would still be (if the item is not a major upgrade) 2 and/or 4 items from a set, not 3/5 I guess.

A bit offtopic, I'm not a druid myself, but you should download the addon Atlasloot. It lists every single piece of gear in game, aswell as the tier. So that you can compare more easily

Presently I have ilvl 489 Imperion Spaulders equipted. I have the LFR shoulder piece. It would give me 2-set bonus if I would use it. Is it worth to "downgrade" my ilvl and stats a abit and go for the 2-set bonus or not? I find that Might of Ursoc good thing to use when needed, but it doesn't seem that goof of a bonus.
    No. The bonus isn't that great.

Which leads me to another thing, if I would get another tier piece from LFR and I already have higher ilvl item equip, should I get the 3 pieces' of a set or just wait for the 4th one as well?
    No. Wearing 3 pieces of a set doesn't do anything.

I won't get any time soon any normal set pieces or the wep, as our progress is not that good. So I have to make idiotic choices like that.
    Basically you have to decide if the weapon is worth 10k, since that's what it costs to get another gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Basically you have to decide if the weapon is worth 10k, since that's what it costs to get another gem.
    That's the most simplest answer. I like. And no, it is not worth it, as 10k gold is a big sum for me

Thanks for the answers, but since RNG gods hate me, I guess all I will be getting this week is more gold.