Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Noob lore question

Hello, i don't follow the lore to wow, but i am wondering what happened to that fire dude who came in after you killed lich king? Or did i miss something?

You mean Bolvar? He became the new Lich King. He's still up there, encased in The Frozen Throne, keeping the Scourge in check.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterofBladesEdge View Post
    Deathwing. He's Dead. Got beat down after the last expac and his wing is hanging in Stormwind.
    Fairly certain he ment Bolvar, and not deathwing And ye, he's still up on his throne, keeping the scourge in check.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was Bolvar Fordragon. He is immolated because the Lich King tortured him. He sacrificed himself by taking up the helm, becoming the next Lich King. In doing that, he can keep the Scourge in check, preventing them from destroying Azeroth. He is still encased inside the Frozen Throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a good thing heres there? Or bad? And you think we will see him again?

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Is that a good thing heres there? Or bad? And you think we will see him again?
    Very good thing. There always has to be a Lich King. With no Lich King, the Scourge would run rampant across the globe and destroy everything. He's keeping that from happening.

Deleted
    He's a cliffhanger for upcoming redoing of Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    That was Bolvar Fordragon. He is immolated because the Lich King tortured him.
    Actually, he is immolated because the red dragons burned his corpse while trying to clear out the Forsaken toxin.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Very good thing. There always has to be a Lich King. With no Lich King, the Scourge would run rampant across the globe and destroy everything. He's keeping that from happening.
    For now, who knows how long he will remain as noble as he is, I would say it is neither really good, nor really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar, he is the new lich king(LK)

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    For now, who knows how long he will remain as noble as he is, I would say it is neither really good, nor really bad.
    True, there's always the possibility of corruption. As of right now, though, it's a good thing he's there. Time will tell if he turns. Hopefully not, I don't want to deal with another Lich King. lol

I would imagine we have bigger things to worry about with the burning legion on the move and Illidan set to make a comeback

That was Bolvar Fordragon, he was the Regent-King of Stormwind in the absence of King Varian when he was kidnapped. He acted as king alongside with Katrana, which could be seen in the Vanilla till the end of Burning crusade.

When the call to arms for the war against the scourge, Bolvar commanded the fleet to northrend, from there he led an assault at the Wrath-Gate, where a combined might of both horde and alliance attacked.

In that moment, The Lich King (Arthas) came out and started a fisco, and just before things started getting heated, a Forsaken group attacked all three factions, killing bolvar in the process.

Through that, when Alextranza came to purge the plague caused by the rebel forsaken, his body lit up in fire, but was captured by the scourge.

Hence he ended up there.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Bolvar_

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    That was Bolvar Fordragon. He is immolated because the Lich King tortured him. He sacrificed himself by taking up the helm, becoming the next Lich King. In doing that, he can keep the Scourge in check, preventing them from destroying Azeroth. He is still encased inside the Frozen Throne.
    I thought he was motlen from the dragons that burned him, now cause of Lich King torturing him? Atleast that's what i think he said ingame in the end cutscene when you kill arthas

Quote Originally Posted by FraQture View Post
    I thought he was motlen from the dragons that burned him, now cause of Lich King torturing him? Atleast that's what i think he said ingame in the end cutscene when you kill arthas
    He WAS tortured by the Lich King, but yeah, he was glowing like that because he was burned by the red dragonflight's fire.

Funny thing, personally I think he might be the Cure for the forsaken, the undead plague was turning him undead, while the flame of the red flight is essentially a burning breath of life, so now the "life" in him is in a constant struggle with the Undeath,thus causing the immolation making him neither living nor undead. and don't bring physics into this! my fantasy Logic is not based on reality!
    I believe he will become a neutral faction should the game ever progress so far he needs to make a return.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    True, there's always the possibility of corruption. As of right now, though, it's a good thing he's there. Time will tell if he turns. Hopefully not, I don't want to deal with another Lich King. lol
    The theory was that without a Lich King to keep them in check, the Scourge would run rampant over the world and destroy it right? So why doesn't Bolvar, as the new Lich King and commander of the Undead, just create some large "last man (or undead in this case) standing" contest and let them destroy one another? If he then proceeds to not resurrect Undead further, the "race" will then go extinct? (Until you know, more necromancers decide to dabble in the arts...)

Funny how if it wasnt for alexstraza and her red dragons maybe tirion fordring couldve been the next lich king

As bolvar said "The dragons flame sealed my fate the world of the living can no longer comfort me"

Though tbh if tirion did become the next lich king could he have become more powerful than arthas as the lich king ever could?

Wouldnt it have been badass to see the lich king duel weld frostmourne and the ashbringer (obviously he would have to reforge frostmourne but still would be pretty badas)