Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    I really want the trinket from Elegon LFR or HC... either would be nice.
    So if I could get 9 friends to go with me and ninjaloot it if it dropped, then that would be amazing. But unfortunately, that is not how the system works anymore.. I am stuck with simply waiting for the HC one, since the chance of me getting it in LFR is 1:10000. The chance to get the mount from Blingtron is alot higher, than for me to get the trinket from LFR Elegon. Good system, I gotta say. Wot?
    I guess math wasn't your best subject in school.

Or you could just not bother with LFR, afterall the new loot system was made to not encourage you to run it endlessly. I know if I was gonna sub to wow again, I wouldent bother going LFR.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    85% chance to get gold, yeah? So do a /roll 10 times, See how many times you score 1-15.

If my math's not off, it's roughly 20% chance not get it once. Wich means, doing a single fight, you're more likely to not get loot on 10 bosses than you are on getting loot from that one fight. Unless I'm missing something obvious here, math and all that is not my strong side :l

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR loot system is flawed, but better than it was in Cata. The bonus loot rolls on the other hand are pretty dumb. I know blizz says over and over "its just rng", but really when I've gotten the same ring off the same boss 3 weeks in a row with my bonus roll, its really frustrating.

I'm actually thinking about just using my bonus rolls on bosses with mounts at this point. With odds being stacked against actually getting anything useful, what have I got to lose at this point lol.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Baby steps OP. This system is 100% an improvement to before, and no matter what you get some cash - which before you literaly could get nothing sometimes. Hey, maybe next x-pac or Patch they will make it better... who knows. But by all means keep coming here and putting up "I'm pissed" posts, they are quite entertaining.

Just got done with LFR for the week

16 boss kills and I got 16 sacks of crap
    9 bonus roles and I got 9 sacks of crap

But hey I made about 700g until you subtract the flasks/food/repair bills and time spent in which case I broke even except for the loss of 4+ hours

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    I find it rather funny that some people still don't understand what RNG means.
    who said they didnt know what RNG meant, and what is wrong with someone that doesnt know what it means? .... really?

Deleted
    I know, we have had 1 so far wih 6 bosses killed.

16 boss killed this week, only gold.

I had 3 weeks without loot, and then after that I've become quite lucky. Except for Sha of Fear. Yes I've won loot from him, but that's the problem. As a Fury Warrior with Titan's Grip I've won the one-handed sword, which was quite displeasing as I don't have another weapon to go with it. Then the next kill I get a Sigil of Power. So now I have 13 Sigils of Power and 9 Sigils of Wisdom, makes no sense why the Sha of Fear would drop a Power sigil. Other than that I like this loot system a lot more than the old "I'll just ninja this for my friend" system in DS.

How can you have the item already if you only got gold before?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    I like the new system. It's good that you no longer have to compete with other people. It works.

I just wish it worked for me. Really getting bored of running LFR and dpsing my tits off and contributing a lot to the raid, then receiving 28g in return.
    I do think they need to change the system in some way to actually reward people for doing good. Because people do better with incentives. It would make the LFR experience that little bit nicer knowing that people were specifically learning encounters and dodging things (even if it is unnecessary to do so in LFR), because in the end they know they might get something extra because of it.
    There is an incentive for good performance - it's called Normal and heroic loot.

LFR was sold as a way for everyone to see the content, if I had my way it wouldn't give free epics...

Very first time I ran MSV on my Monk, the Polearm dropped for me. The next week, the 1HD from Garajal dropped and the head from the final Boss.

I just had the T14 pants drop for my Shaman as well as the bracers I needed in the same week. Prior to that I got a cloak and something else I replaced from Normal mode. Also had a cloak drop that I didn't need.

Other than that, a lot of 28g 50s. The loot system works, it's just RNG being RNG.

4 days ago i was in a rush to cap my Valor points and ran Hof part 2 and Msv part 2 (since they are generally the fastest ones) i have 493 ilevel and don't need loot, but i won 3 agility items (feet from Ambershaper, head from Empress and trinket from Elegon)

Under the old system i could have passed those to someone who actually needs them. New system is intentionally designed to SLOW DOWN gearing and milk longer sub times via RNG. The biggest flaw of the new system is the inherent LACK of TRANSPARENCY that just jades people.

Combine it with the hidden boss count when joining a group and the debuffs you clearly see that LFR is a huge flop.

PS: I win a lot of items in the LFR (5 items on my 480 ilvl tank alt last week). My problem is the shady machinations going on behind. I have a bad taste in my mount since the stealth item roll nerfs in diablo 5 months ago. Blizzard are really nasty and do a lot of secret tempering when no one is looking.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-12-07 at 01:22 PM.

People should be happy they even have a chance to get loot in a place like LFR in the first place. LFR is like, the very minimum of endgame, puts zero restrain on your character and requires zero effort to do. It should be self explainatory you're not guaranteed 1 piece of loot per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    4 days ago i was in a rush to cap my Valor points and ran Hof part 2 and Msv part 2 (since they are generally the fastest ones) i have 493 ilevel and don't need loot, but i won 3 agility items (feet from Ambershaper, head from Empress and trinket from Elegon)

Under the old system i could have passed those to someone who actually needs them. New system is intentionally designed to SLOW DOWN gearing and milk longer sub times via RNG. The biggest flaw of the new system is the inherent LACK of TRANSPARENCY that just jades people.

Combine it with the hidden boss count when joining a group and the debuffs you clearly see that LFR is a huge flop.

PS: I win a lot of items in the LFR (5 items on my 480 ilvl tank alt last week). My problem is the shady machinations going on behind. I have a bad taste in my mount since the stealth item roll nerfs in diablo 5 months ago. Blizzard are really nasty and do a lot of secret tempering when no one is looking.
    I am confused. You run it just to cap Valor yet complain about hidden boss count? When I Valor cap I am happy to get in a 2/3 raid.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    People should be happy they even have a chance to get loot in a place like LFR in the first place. LFR is like, the very minimum of endgame, puts zero restrain on your character and requires zero effort to do. It should be self explainatory you're not guaranteed 1 piece of loot per week.
    Have you run LFR on a Saturday? Those can be really painful
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Kids and their LFR whinethreads... cute.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I am confused. You run it just to cap Valor yet complain about hidden boss count? When I Valor cap I am happy to get in a 2/3 raid.
    Hiding the boss count is just a symptom that LFR is viewed as a chore for loot and not really as a raiding commitment. Hiding the boss count is annoying on my DK tank and a blessing on my Main.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Have you run LFR on a Saturday? Those can be really painful
    Not directed at me, but i run all 5 LFRs on Saturday on my DK Alt. It is a living hell to be a tank that day... queueing 2 times for 30-45 mins for 1 LFR is too much.

Deleted
    Please refrain from posting memes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    I really want the trinket from Elegon LFR or HC... either would be nice.
    So if I could get 9 friends to go with me and ninjaloot it if it dropped, then that would be amazing.
    And that is EXACTLY why the system was changed, good job!