Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

There are currently more Retribution Paladins than Rogues.

Oh I wonder why GC....

BUT there is hope:
    Patch 5.2 will bring more talent changes than Patch 5.1, but they will mostly be number tweaks. Rogue talents were mentioned as something that needs to be looked at.
    Last edited by Msi; 2012-12-06 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    Lets get our hopes up only for our dreams to be cruelly shattered!!

I'd be happy with old poison animation back. The one handed spinning gouge was just beautiful, stylistlically.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And just where are you getting your numbers from to prove you are correct in your assumption about ret v. rogue?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    First of all, you make a thread about retri paladins being more than rogues with no proof to support that and then you also speak about a totally different topic inside (the rogue talents that is). Do you know what a title is? lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    First of all, you make a thread about retri paladins being more than rogues with no proof to support that and then you also speak about a totally different topic inside (the rogue talents that is). Do you know what a title is? lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    And just where are you getting your numbers from to prove you are correct in your assumption about ret v. rogue?

From the front page of hotfixes and upcoming 5.2 changes:

"There are currently more Retribution Paladins than Rogues."

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the front page maybe?

I wonder how warlocks are doing at the moment. Still curious to see if they are the least played, if not; than I can see his statement being a little funnier. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spirits330 View Post
    From the front page of hotfixes and upcoming 5.2 changes:

"There are currently more Retribution Paladins than Rogues."
    Ok, and let's say that this is true - what does this have to do with rogue talents... Don't tell me some crap like "RETRI PALLY TALENTS ARE FUN!!!111" because other classes have awesome talents as well, so that would be stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, and let's say that this is true - what does this have to do with rogue talents... Don't tell me some crap like "RETRI PALLY TALENTS ARE FUN!!!111" because other classes have awesome talents as well, so that would be stupid.
    Well its not about RETRI PALLY TALENTS ARE FUN!!!111"

Its more about people are playing a spec more than a class
    Last edited by Msi; 2012-12-06 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    Ehmm well 2 subjects in 1 topic
    The thread's title and the OP's post don't imply that it's the same subject, but w/e. I'm out of this non constructive pointless thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread's title and the OP's post don't imply that it's the same subject, but w/e. I'm out of this non constructive pointless thread.
    Its not pointless, i am just defending my class.... Imo its retarded

Deleted
    Actually it does, his title implies that rogues are under played for some reason. His post explains that the case might be the current rogue talents and that it will maybe be fixed in 5.2.

What is there to not get here?

Deleted
    A guide on how to design a talent tree for Rogues :

-Make a somehow interesting first tier stealth themed, with one option that is superior to the others in both PVE and PVP, one that is buggy and one that is only useful for leveling.
    -Take 6-7 old talents or skills and make them talents. If possible, also nerf them and make some of them exclusive to each other.
    -Google old rogue talent trees, from Vanilla to Wrath, take those who were somehow good, make them a bit better and present them as new talents. Mix up some names so people don't think it's exactly the same talent.
    -Find what is old and annoying about the rogue class and make a talent that adds a clunky mechanic to "fix it".

Good grief what a waste of time.

OT: The rogue talent changes are long overdue, they were overdue by the end of beta; the feedback was deafening. I'm still of the opinion that a major overhaul is needed, but that could only come on an expansion, with so long to go until that I hope the bandaid fixes they're cooking up don't let them slack off when real change is warranted.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I do agree with Ryme in that some of these changes are vastly overdue. However, I cannot help but think that this also due in part to rogues not having a legendary like they did at the end of Cata. I would be interested to see where GC got his data from and the date range.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

Rets are Blizzard's favourite child. Following vanilla and ever since (2006), they have been the most OP spec in the history of the game with the possible exception of WOTLK DK's. In fact, Rets qualify as one of the most OP specs in the history of MMORG's in general. Key abilities include:

-The longest stun in the World of Warcraft ever.
    -Immunity to being kited.
    -Bubble that make one completely immune to damage while still being able to attack.
    -Abilities such as Lay On Hands that instantly restore one's health to 100%.
    -Infinite Mana.
    -Ability to use hearthstone (RECALL) while being bubbled.
    -Excellent heals while dishing out excellent DPS with no penalty on their DPS.
    -Excellent DPS cooldowns completely unsuited for a DPS/Healing hybrid such as Ret.
    -Immunity to being griefed or ganked while out in the world questing. If you go one-to-one with a Ret you will lose, if you go two versus one against a Ret you will still lose, and if you try to go three to one against a Ret they will just bubble and hearthstone.
    -Excellent in soloing Raid content.
    -Fastest mount speed in the World of Warcraft.

Recent bonus abilities:

-Pet
    -DOTS
    -Snare
    -An ability similar to Rogue ability Sprint
    -Ranged execute
    -Several Ranged DPS abilities

------------------------------------->With all the above in mind, it is not hard to see why there are more Rets than Rogues.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2012-12-06 at 10:29 AM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Oh, I don't know...World of Warcraft Lead Systems Designer Greg Street AKA "Ghostcrawler"?? Also, failing to see the correlation between a reference to how underplayed a class is and then a mention that their talents are slated to be looked at means that you should probably just back away from the thread and go back to coloring. Try to stay in the lines this time.

But back on topic, I'm with poster #2. I'm not getting my hopes up just to be told "We looked into rogues and decided they're fine in PVE but for PVP purposes Preparation now resets the cooldown of Shiv! PROBLEM SOLVED GUYS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    -The longest stun in the World of Warcraft ever.
    Wait, what stun is that? I thought combat rogue kidney shots with revealing strike was the longest stun ever?
    Last edited by Infective; 2012-12-06 at 10:38 AM.

"We looked into rogues and decided they're fine in PVE but for PVP purposes Preparation now resets the cooldown of Shiv! PROBLEM SOLVED GUYS!"

You get an e hug for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    Well its not about RETRI PALLY TALENTS ARE FUN!!!111"

Its more about people are playing a spec more than a class
    And whats about it? It as interesting as the information that a human beeing eats seven spiders over his lifespan according to statistics.
    "Nice to know" is just about everything we gain from this.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    And whats about it? It as interesting as the information that a human beeing eats seven spiders over his lifespan according to statistics.
    "Nice to know" is just about everything we gain from this.
    or you could be intelligent enough to infer that this is far more likely to represent a decline in rogue representation as opposed to an increase in retribution representation which could be(and in popular knowledgeable opinion IS) indicative of inherent problems within the current state of the class. but if "nice to know" is what you choose to take away from it, that's your prerogative.