Deleted

Improved Serpent Sting Buff or Nerf...

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Improved Serpent Sting now deals the correct amount of damage.

Is this a buff or a nerf :/ ._.

It's a fix of the buff hunters received a few hotfixes ago.

Deleted
    Yeah but now it will give us the correct amount of damage. Is that more or less damage? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelthar View Post
    Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Improved Serpent Sting now deals the correct amount of damage.

Is this a buff or a nerf :/ ._.
    i dont think the nerf that went thru last patch was actually being applied as surv aoe went up overall and should have stayed roughly even.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelthar View Post
    Yeah but now it will give us the correct amount of damage. Is that more or less damage? :P
    More damage.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I read a comment from Zeherah saying that Improved Serpent Sting was doing half the damage it should and that it was reported to Blizzard. Basically, ISS was doing 15% of the serpent sting damage as advertised (instead of the 30% before the hotfix), but it was not using the doubled serpent sting damage, and hence the damage done was actually half.

So, count it as a buff, I guess. Unless it was something else entirely.

The stated hotfix of ISS damage from 30% to 15% is neither a buff nor a nerf, because SrS damage in general doubled (15% of doubled is 30% of normal). What was happening though was that ISS was calculating 15% of normal, instead of double, causing it to do 7.5% instead of 15%. The hotfix to the hotfix brings it back up to 15% of a now doubled SrS, so.....

....ISS damage shouldn't be changed at all from 5.0.5 to 5.1. Lots of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The stated hotfix of ISS damage from 30% to 15% is neither a buff nor a nerf, because SrS damage in general doubled (15% of doubled is 30% of normal). What was happening though was that ISS was calculating 15% of normal, instead of double, causing it to do 7.5% instead of 15%. The hotfix to the hotfix brings it back up to 15% of a now doubled SrS, so.....

....ISS damage shouldn't be changed at all from 5.0.5 to 5.1. Lots of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    The OP wasn't talking about 5.1. He was talking about the latest hotfix, I think. So, if you count before the latest hotfix, it is a buff. If you count from before 5.1, there is no change.

Considering the "wrong" version was in for 4 days, I felt it worthwhile to provide a larger picture.