Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about ELO

First, no one post here if all you have to say is "your elo is your skill, if your there, thats how good you are" or say "if you cant carry your team then you suck".

Now to my question. At what ELO should I just top playing ranked? Cause I know at a certain point there's a 100% chance I'll never be teamed with people who know how to play.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    So if there's a certain point that you'll be teamed with people who doesn't know how to play, this would meant he oppossing team doesn't know how to play either, meaning it should be an easy win for you, meaning there's no point in stopping.

Just keep playing until you get better. When you get better, your Elo rises. Simple as.

I don't understand the question you are asking. Elo is a rating system the game uses to match you with as even as possible opponents. Ideally the system matches you with a 50/50 chance at winning the game due to relatively equal player ratings.

There wouldn't be an instance where you ever have a 100% win or fail chance. It's sorta super unlikely. Statistically if you keep playing with in your true Elo bracket you will win equally as often as you lose.

You are playing with people matched as well as you. So what you are saying seems like a bit of a contradiction. "I'll never be teamed with people who know how to play" but they would be around the same rating bracket as you...

The website explains matchmaking and Elo like perfectly, actually.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/learn/...ay/matchmaking

That's about as flat an explanation as possible.

You stop playing ranked when you are bored. Your 'hidden' Elo is always present.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    So if there's a certain point that you'll be teamed with people who doesn't know how to play, this would meant he oppossing team doesn't know how to play either, meaning it should be an easy win for you, meaning there's no point in stopping.

Just keep playing until you get better. When you get better, your Elo rises. Simple as.
    No it isn't that simple. No matter how good you are, if your team keeps feeding, you will lose.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't understand the question you are asking. Elo is a rating system the game uses to match you with as even as possible opponents. Ideally the system matches you with a 50/50 chance at winning the game due to relatively equal player ratings.

There wouldn't be an instance where you ever have a 100% win or fail chance. It's sorta super unlikely. Statistically if you keep playing with in your true Elo bracket you will win equally as often as you lose.

You are playing with people matched as well as you. So what you are saying seems like a bit of a contradiction. "I'll never be teamed with people who know how to play" but they would be around the same rating bracket as you...

The website explains matchmaking and Elo like perfectly, actually.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/learn/...ay/matchmaking

That's about as flat an explanation as possible.

You stop playing ranked when you are bored. Your 'hidden' Elo is always present.

I know how ELo works. All I get in my teams are feeders, rage quiters, and afkers. Thus I have dropped over 400 points in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I know how ELo works. All I get in my teams are feeders, rage quiters, and afkers. Thus I have dropped over 400 points in 2 weeks.
    If you just play well, you will rise. Those people are equally ranked as you. That is the bracket you are in currently.

Deleted
    There's a vent thread. Go there whenever you lose a game, dont make a new thread questioning Elo and blaming your team.

EVERYONE has games with feeders, at EVERY Elo. My last 4 matches has been weird as hell. First two the opponents has fed, the next one my team fed (we still won though), the fourth game the opponents has fed. The point is, your opponents gets feeders too. It all evens out in the end. Play enough games and you'll end up where you're supposed to be.

So, I'll say it once more: Keep playing until you get better. You get better, your Elo rises. Simple. As.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If you just play well, you will rise. Those people are equally ranked as you. That is the bracket you are in currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    There's a vent thread. Go there whenever you lose a game, dont make a new thread questioning Elo and blaming your team.

EVERYONE has games with feeders, at EVERY Elo. My last 4 matches has been weird as hell. First two the opponents has fed, the next one my team fed (we still won though), the fourth game the opponents has fed. The point is, your opponents gets feeders too. It all evens out in the end. Play enough games and you'll end up where you're supposed to be.

So, I'll say it once more: Keep playing until you get better. You get better, your Elo rises. Simple. As.
    I can some this up for both of you. IF your team FEEDS, you will lose. It does not matter how well you play. The game I just lost. Playing Shen, I was perfect on my taunts and ults, but we lost cause Yorick fed olaf, 0/5 by 10 mins, Akali fed Morde, and Ezreal couldn't hit his skillshots worth a dam. Only kills he ever got was off his ult.

There is no play better and you will rise. If the enemy team collectively is better then yours. The only way to win, is for me to have a champion who one shots people no matter what. If the enemy team feeds off of yours, then you will get focused and killed.
    Also, this is not a game vent thread. It's me asking at what ELO should I just stop. But I should have known I'd just get people saying "play better and you will rise".

Deleted
    I can some this up for both of you. IF your team FEEDS, you will lose. It does not matter how well you play. The game I just lost. Playing Shen, I was perfect on my taunts and ults, but we lost cause Yorick fed olaf, 0/5 by 10 mins, Akali fed Morde, and Ezreal couldn't hit his skillshots worth a dam. Only kills he ever got was off his ult.

There is no play better and you will rise. If the enemy team collectively is better then yours. The only way to win, is for me to have a champion who one shots people no matter what. If the enemy team feeds off of yours, then you will get focused and killed.
    Also, this is not a game vent thread. It's me asking at what ELO should I just stop. But I should have known I'd just get people saying "play better and you will rise".
    You can STILL win EVEN if your top fed theirs with 5 kills. They can fuck up later on, they could have bad team synergy, any mistake that YOU could capitalize on. If you're not good enough to capitalize on their mistakes you shouldn't win. You win by punishing mistakes.

Why dont you upload a replay of your games? I'd love, LOVE to see how well you're playing and how bad your team is playing.

Mods delete this. No ones gonna give me an answer

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was true my ELO would be much lower than it currently is. I've carried games were my team feeds early due to a number of factors. Better late game, playing Ezreal, enemy team fucks up, being a damn good player, etc. People reach high ELOs because they can carry their team through almost anything until they reach their skill level. Blackroo and Fencers have said it perfectly, you just don't want to hear it.

I pulled myself out of 1000 and I have a friend who got out of 900. I've heard stories of people who were down even lower and I'm pretty sure a pro player tanked his to 500 and got out just to prove a point. Not to be a broken record but, as you get better your ELO will rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    If this was true my ELO would be much lower than it currently is. I've carried games were my team feeds early due to a number of factors. Better late game, playing Ezreal, enemy team fucks up, being a damn good player, etc. People reach high ELOs because they can carry their team through almost anything until they reach their skill level. Blackroo and Fencers have said it perfectly, you just don't want to hear it.

I pulled myself out of 1000 and I have a friend who got out of 900. I've heard stories of people who were down even lower and I'm pretty sure a pro player tanked his to 500 and got out just to prove a point. Not to be a broken record but, as you get better your ELO will rise.
    ok fine. I'm the one who sucks cause I'm not a pro who can carry against teams whose adc has IE by 10 mins. I can't beat people when my team never wards, runs from every team fight, runs off alone and gets ganked. It's all my fault. Uninstalling league now.

I am not really sure if this is the answer your looking for, but it's like what someone else said before in this thread, just keep playing till you don't want to anymore, I know EXACTLY how you feel when it comes to having crap teammates, believe me I do. But even though it pisses me off to no extent, I just keep going back into games because that's the only way I am going to get higher elo is if I keep playing games, some I will win, some I won't (just about every time I lose it usually goes on a 3-4 game losing streak). But even though it really pisses me off when I get a crap team and I lose because of it, I still just keep going into another game and do my best to forget about that past game and do my best to win the new game I am now. Just keep playing until you either get bored of it or until you can't handle it anymore.

Deleted
    Yeah definitly feels like it´s time for you to stop playing ranked if you are not enjoying it anymore.

You lost yourself 400 ELO, your team won´t get better the only one who can is you, but with your attitude you´ll never improve so just play normals and enjoy yourself.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-12-06 at 09:43 AM.

Deleted
    Mods delete this. No ones gonna give me an answer
    Gave you an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo
    Your logic is flawed. If you do not rise in Elo, it's either because you're not playing enough games or you're where you're supposed to be.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Replays-below!

Go download LoLReplay and play some games. Upload them, I for one would love to see how good you are and how bad your teams truly are.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2012-12-06 at 09:46 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok fine. I'm the one who sucks cause I'm not a pro who can carry against teams whose adc has IE by 10 mins. I can't beat people when my team never wards, runs from every team fight, runs off alone and gets ganked. It's all my fault. Uninstalling league now.
    the answer you are lookin for is for someone to tell you that your elo will change depending on your individual play. fortunately this isnt the way elo is determined as LoL is a very team based game. you will continually be placed in games with people who you claim feed and are terrible until you can carry that team to victory consistently. thats the way it works.

OP just wants someone to agree with his point of view, nothing more.

Deleted
    U should stop now in my opinion, 2 teams, same % to have a feeder and u could be one of those.

You can't always expect people to perform their best. If you can get top, sure, go for it, if you feel like you're the best for that role. ELO doesn't matter. But aiming for one role only is not a good way to rise up in ELO unless you're widely known for performing in a specific role.

Also, you need to learn to accept that people have different opinions than you. I hate it when people can't accept being wrong, and get all butthurt and offended. I have a friend like that. I always get super annoyed when we try to give him tips and he gets all butthurt about it.

The main problem is that you give up far too easily.

I've already won games at 1.8k elo 4vs5 (yes we had a dc from the very beginning) because we didn't want to give up and tried our best.

Man, this OP has a horrible attitude. If you're just going to rant that everyone else sucks and you can't carry them I'd recommend the specific rant thread. These "oh I'm stuck in Elo Hell, I can't ever get out, clearly those people who did are full of shit!" threads aren't new, if you take a quick look on LoL GD you'll see plenty of them. Do you think it's just coincidence that people have managed to pull themselves out of 'elo hell' in the past? That it's luck? A fluke? It's not. There is a reason behind it.

Now, in saying that, you want to know how to get out of low elo?

Do other people's jobs for them.

- Ward for them.
    - Ping for them.
    - Direct them.
    - Countergank for them (this most importantly, if you can turn around a gank to your favour this is a massive play)
    - Clear wards for them.

It's not good enough to go "oh, I went 3-0 top, I won my lane, but everyone else lost so clearly I am a 1500 rated player!". Any monkey can win their own lane, the people who are good are the ones that can STEAMROLL their lane AND have an effect on the other lanes.

My recommendation to you:
    Play mid or play jungler. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT play Top, ADC or Support solo queue. If you do, you'll have impact on ONE lane, and the other 2 (or 3 I guess) will inevitably fail. That means to win you're going to have to absolutely annihilate your lane, which can be done, but is far harder.

Instead, by playing mid or jungler you can countergank most effectively, snowball your lanes (and that doesn't mean every lane) and generally turn around those games where "oh shit, they just got double kill in the 3rd minute at bot lane" by roaming as mid or shutting them down as jungler.

Now, I'm not a diamond player (gold rated this season so far, nothing special), but when I lose a game I don't think "if only I had a team that wasn't retarded", I think "how could I have carried those retarded people better? what could I have changed to increase the chance of that being a victory?". It's working out those things and turning around those clutch games that will rise your elo slowly but surely.

You're always going to have idiots on your team. It's an accepted fact. Solo queue LoL is all about handling them as best you can. If you rage, you will fail. If you have the attitude "I'm da best and don't deserve to be stuck with these morons", you will fail. You need to first accept the reason why you are at that elo (and hey, it can be bad luck, placement games can be a bitch, but that DOESN'T mean you're forced to stay there), which is generally bad people weighing you down, and then remedy the problem; carry them better.

You can reply "yeah whatevs" if you like, but this is the only way you're gonna rise. That, or find some guy who's 1400 rated who'll duo with you and carry you out. Either way, best of luck.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...