Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538

    Rated BG's - Requied 2k ARENA exp

    So something has been bothering me like I'm trying to fathom it but I can't, I've recently xfered to a friends server and there was a cross rated bg group however I was denied because I don't have 2k ARENA experience because you know I was a pvE hero fanatic person thingie whatever you wanna call me but these people were recruiting low mmr rated bg's. Everyone questioned why they don't want anyone bellow 2k arena despite It's well a rated bg low MMR group and the reply was simple

    ''No scrubs''

    It's there group don't get me wrong but... It seems just kinda silly that I can't do a rated bg with low mmr people because I don't have 2k arena experience with that being said Arena =/= Rated bg no? I'm just bothered by it. Is this silly or what?

    Thanks ~

  2. #2
    No, it's not silly. Even though 2K rating is a bit high for this season. It's their group they get to recruit whoever they want.

    You can field your own RBG group you know Set your own rules, compete against them, and if you're good enough, show them that 2K admission ticket is not necessary to win RBGs.

  3. #3
    In my time when I did RBGs we would use Arena rating to denote some sort of "skill." I would say its more for knowledge of PvP but even that is sort of contentious.

    But at the same time, we used RBG performance to really judge how well or poor you did. 2K this season as corebit said is pretty high. But even at that, my Hero of the Alliance RBG leader once told me, "everyone deserves a chance."

  4. #4
    low rated mmr rbg team wanting 2k exp? Sounds like some scrubs wanting to be carried to me.

  5. #5
    I have encountered this problem extremely often. Not only having insufficient previous ratings, no one would want a Retribution Paladin like myself. Simple way to deal with this problem, start your own RBG group. I did that, now I RBG as I can. Just put the work in. Advertise in trade chat, set up skype, tell strategies before matches, make sure you get a good target caller, and you will be set. Good luck!
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

  6. #6
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,692
    Hmm half my realm is full of idiots like that. You shouldn't never bother playing with people asking for arena experience to join a RBG, arena experience means nothing there.
    Most of the time they don't even check what your gear is like, or if you actually have the experience >.>

  7. #7
    To me low rated RBGs requiring 2k arena xp is a joke. Probably a bunch of scrubs looking for a free ride, who are too lazy to build a team.

    I havnt seen that on my server, there are requests for 1600, 1800, 2K etc etc RBG EXPERIENCE for some rated groups but never have I seen arena experience be required. It isn't looked over if they have it, though.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-06 at 10:27 AM.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  8. #8
    Looks like they want people to boost them simply put in this case.

    But, I would like to add that arena rating shows that you somewhat understand how your and others classes work out in pvp settings. If you have 2k rating in arena, you will have a better understanding than a 0 rated player. I often see people who fail badly in arena, stuck at 1200-1500 or so rating who want to join RBG teams. They are truly not an asset to the team whatsoever since they don't know how to play in pvp at all.

    Yes, RBGs are different but not that different. I rather take someone with pvp experience for pvp than pve experience. We have plenty of high dps/heroic mode raiders who want to try out RBGs who have terrible positioning, terrible understanding of how pvp works etc.

    I suppose a few will go against this post by stating ridiculous claims as "mages are free 2.2" "warriors are played with 2 buttons" etc.

  9. #9
    The problem is with asking for arena/rbg exp (I am an RBG leader who pugged up to 2350 RBG & still pug every once in a while), that rbg exp is very much about being a good group and not so much having individually skilled players.
    Therefore, a person who is high in RBG may be so because he plays with the right group, not because he is actually good.
    Whereas in arena if one third of the group is bad, you really wont get anywhere (though 2k is prettymuch pisseasy).
    Also there is alot more boosting being done in RBG then in arena.
    Also RBG is alot easier then arena (except for 1-2 core classes like mages, spriests and FC's) (comming from a gladiator and a hoth, inbefore bias being called)

  10. #10
    Just join lower rated groups at first.

  11. #11
    Same issue. since RBGs have been out. Hell since arena has been out. Partners I find dont stay on the team so we can get higher rating. Cant join a better arena team with lower rating, so im stuck.

    Oh and lol on the options of finding a low rating team and make ur own team from /2. Have u tried that? lower rating grps are very hard to find, and if I put together a team from trade they are all in quest greens. Hell I get mages that refuse to put polly on their bars.

    High end hardcore pvpers need to remember they started off at 0 rating too, and that there are good players out there that havent got a shot yet.

  12. #12
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Same issue. since RBGs have been out. Hell since arena has been out. Partners I find dont stay on the team so we can get higher rating. Cant join a better arena team with lower rating, so im stuck.

    Oh and lol on the options of finding a low rating team and make ur own team from /2. Have u tried that? lower rating grps are very hard to find, and if I put together a team from trade they are all in quest greens. Hell I get mages that refuse to put polly on their bars.

    High end hardcore pvpers need to remember they started off at 0 rating too, and that there are good players out there that havent got a shot yet.
    Yes, and people need to know that we hardcore pvp'ers either started playing with good friends or guildmates, or went through the same trouble you go through now.
    And you know you can just ask people to be fully honorgeared when making a group right?

  13. #13
    Can I check my arena exp in game?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    Looks like they want people to boost them simply put in this case.

    But, I would like to add that arena rating shows that you somewhat understand how your and others classes work out in pvp settings. If you have 2k rating in arena, you will have a better understanding than a 0 rated player. I often see people who fail badly in arena, stuck at 1200-1500 or so rating who want to join RBG teams. They are truly not an asset to the team whatsoever since they don't know how to play in pvp at all.

    Yes, RBGs are different but not that different. I rather take someone with pvp experience for pvp than pve experience. We have plenty of high dps/heroic mode raiders who want to try out RBGs who have terrible positioning, terrible understanding of how pvp works etc.

    I suppose a few will go against this post by stating ridiculous claims as "mages are free 2.2" "warriors are played with 2 buttons" etc.
    That's simply not true. Unfortunately that's how many people feel. I'm a good player, and always have been, but I haven't done arena seriously at all since Burning Crusade. I did a little bit in Wrath and Cataclysm, but it was only for gear. Believe it or not, most people simply don't like arena. I found it somewhat fun in Burning Crusade, but ever since then it's been pretty bad. And since achievements were introduced in Wrath, I have no arena achievements, and get comments from idiots all the time about it and how I must have botted for Conqueror, and then I usually contribute much more to the battleground in basically every way than the trash talking super elite arena player. Players should be judged on their performance, not arena rating.

  15. #15
    to be honest, and I dont mean to have a pop at you here, but its not TOO hard to get some exp nowadays. esp with
    the cap being raised up to 2200 it means you find ALOT of rbg groups even if they are just going for 1 win. thats 196? rating per win
    it adds up quickly. and if things go well, they tend to do more then 1 game...

    couple of weeks and youll be able to join better groups and so on..

    pvp is a grind just like pve. only instead of Ilvl people want rating.

    EDIT. I also would like to reccomend teamfind.com fantastic site helped me find a team, and Im now 2.4k

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    That's simply not true. Unfortunately that's how many people feel. I'm a good player, and always have been, but I haven't done arena seriously at all since Burning Crusade. I did a little bit in Wrath and Cataclysm, but it was only for gear. Believe it or not, most people simply don't like arena. I found it somewhat fun in Burning Crusade, but ever since then it's been pretty bad. And since achievements were introduced in Wrath, I have no arena achievements, and get comments from idiots all the time about it and how I must have botted for Conqueror, and then I usually contribute much more to the battleground in basically every way than the trash talking super elite arena player. Players should be judged on their performance, not arena rating.
    Maybe you are an excellent player and that's of course good. But people who I encounter without any decent progress in pvp, be it RBG or arenas, are generelly not good. I've played on a few servers, handled lots of RBG applications etc and from what I've seen is that people who can't achieve any half decent rating are a lot lot worse than those who do. Sure there are exceptions, but it's VERY rare.

  17. #17
    Honestly its completly justifiable, arena xp doesnt necessarilly translate to rbg xp, but it shows that u have some sort of grasp on little things that are huge components in pvp, ie positioning/los/recognition of cds etc, im not saying that if u dont arena u dont know this, but its obvious that people that play at higher rating(and im not saying 2k is high or low) are more aware(or at least should be) to certqin situations, granted everyone needs to start somewhere, but if u dont like the requirements/cant get in, just form ur own group(so many people qq about this and never suck it up and form) its really not hard to pick people up and grind a few wins
    Ps and yes i have pugged and led groups at high mmr

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 11:17 AM ----------

    And also, not to be rude, but to all the pvers that get mad they cant get in groups, would u take someone to a 6/6 raid with no achievements or bosses killed?( ya i know this is low mmr but u know what im saying)

  18. #18
    The Patient Principe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    281
    It helps determine whether the person you are inviting knows how to cc correctly, put out the most optimal damage and is not a backpeddling bad. Get over it and get better if you wanna run with the big boys.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral nerdjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    It helps determine whether the person you are inviting knows how to cc correctly, put out the most optimal damage and is not a backpeddling bad. Get over it and get better if you wanna run with the big boys.
    Achievements don't mean a thing. People buy carries for them all the time, and it's more common than you'd probably think. You can't even trust r1 titles as an indicator of skill (i.e. Lewisyo).

    That said, it's more reliable than nothing. Most people who buy carries are at least decent players and just want that boost for this exact reason. I'm sure there are legit 1200 players buying glad too though.

  20. #20
    no scrubs, yet 2k arena requirement; imo you are better off not joining.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •