PvP Power vs Int/Agillity

Hello! I was just abit curious about how it works with PvP Power vs Int/Agillity for hybrid classes now?

Before PvP power gave you abit higher dmg than Int/Agillity + Extra healing. Now as it only gives you the extra damage. Wouldnt Int/Agillity gain a higher overall value than PvP power? Considering it gives you some extra healing?

- Warex

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Hello! I was just abit curious about how it works with PvP Power vs Int/Agillity for hybrid classes now?

Before PvP power gave you abit higher dmg than Int/Agillity + Extra healing. Now as it only gives you the extra damage. Wouldnt Int/Agillity gain a higher overall value than PvP power? Considering it gives you some extra healing?
    It depends. The primary stats scale in value with PvP Power and vice-versa. That being said, if you're looking to maximize off-role healing, then your primary stat (don't forget Str for Ret pallies!) will be the most valuable. Overall though, I'd say Resilience still gives the best returns for most of your gemming needs.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/22...ilience-guide/
    Last edited by Dalmasca1; 2012-12-06 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Before PvP power gave you abit higher dmg than Int/Agillity
    - Warex
    that is wrong , stats were a bit ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    Just depends on how much you have of each. Past a certain threshold, PvP Power is higher damage, but it's not the same value for every class.

Here's some math for you. As I play shadow priest I'll show you an example of what I looked at.

SW:P does 623+29.3% spell power per tick. Right now I have 21,706 spell power with inner fire on and 54.27% pvp power. For the sake of simplicity I'll assume our target has 60% res. My shadow form is 20% damage buff.

Damage=(623+.293*21706)*1.5427*1.2*(1-0.60)
    Damage= 5171 per tick

Let's say I have a prismatic gem slot open. I can add a 160 int or a 320 pvp power. Remeber all classes have armor specialization that adds 5% to primary stat. Also spriest get 10% for inner fire. So sp gain from 160 int = 160*1.05*1.1 = 184.8 rounded 185. Adding 320 pvp power will give you 320/265 or 1.21% Let's compare the 2.

Adding spell power
    Damage=(623+.293*21891)*1.5427*1.2*(1-0.60)
    Damage= 5211 per tick

Adding pvp power
    Damage=(623+.293*21706)*1.5548*1.2*(1-0.60)
    Damage= 5211 per tick

In this case the numbers happen to be the same, but you will have to calculate based on your current gear and spells. A few weeks ago pvp power was coming off much better for me. Now it's about the same. If they are close or the same go int for the extra healing. If one is much higher then gem that stat.
    Margins change all the time! Be sure to calculate what's best for you every few weeks. Do not blindly stack one stat.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 04:58 PM ----------

On another note, consider that on use trinkets and spell power procs gain the extra pvp multiplier. Which would add to your total damage. If you look at lets say a on use trinket with 5000 sp you can add it to your current forumla roughly by taking the average (20 second up time 2min cd) so 5000/6 = 833 more sp (833*1.1 for spriest). So really its up to play style, but the math might help you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    on a 1:1 basis and that isn't how the gems are gems are 2:1 power/prime stat

but yes mathematically it broke down to something like 1 vs 1.3 power/prime stat for output.

with gems budget giving you double the actual stats for power over prime stat it is the best stat for dps in terms of output, as for hybrid classes that amount of output is to much to give up for the very minor increased healing.