t14 bonus worth taking ?

Hello friends,

Since only 2 items from our set gives crit wich is our strongest secondary stat, i was wondering is it worth sacrificing some stats for the sake of 2nd set bonus, mostly for BM/SV.
    For example, should I change Stone guard heroic chest with normal set chest, combined with Set helm instead of Shek'zeers normal helm ?
    In that case i would lose some agility and decent amount of crit, but i would gain 2nd set bonus.
    Acording to femaledworf it is like 500dps loss, but i would like to hear some 1st hand experience if anyone tested that.

Tnx in advance,

i use everything but the shoulders. the helm is mastery and expertise, expertise is VERY rare on mail gear so that alone makes it decent IMO, and mastery is out second best secondary stat so while its not got crit its for the 2 next best things. The legs are haste and hit... hit is god but haste being the worst stat for us kinda sucks but taking that for a 60% longer BW makes it more then worth it IMO.

for me if i am hit/exp capped i look for crit/mastery gear as they are the best boon to BM/SV DPS. The chest fits that bill being crit mastery, the gloves are crit hit, so they are good regardless of bonuses..

i would say ues go for the 4pc. the shoulders are the one i leave out as we can get heroic elite shoulders with crit expertise in TOES

Heroic Elite shoulders are the best, hard to get of course, but there are a pair of heroic shoulders from wind lord and normal elite mode shoulders. The other 4 pieces should be used.

I agree with the above two posts. And the 4pc for BM is godly. It increases your BW by 60%. SIXTY PERCENT. Madness.

Increasing the uptime of BW by 6 seconds every minute is massive, not to mention our starting burst lasts for 32 seconds now, instead of 20.

For SV; you can debate, the increased LnL proc chance isn't as good as the BW duration increase, but it helps to fight the RNG of LnL procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Increasing the uptime of BW by 6 seconds every minute is massive, not to mention our starting burst lasts for 32 seconds now, instead of 20.

For SV; you can debate, the increased LnL proc chance isn't as good as the BW duration increase, but it helps to fight the RNG of LnL procs.

I think the 4 set for SV should add something for Multi-shot aswell, or make the LnL proc to be 100% and have a cooldown of a few sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

it helps decently for single target cause its only uppng procs from black arrow... but you are right it pales in comparison to the BM bonus and even the MM bonus

Tnx for repply's fellas.
    I was thinking the same way myself. BM bonus looks alot stronger then SV/MM one. Im waiting for protector chest peace so i can check that 2nd bonus for BM.

Deleted
    I'm SV and the set bonusses don't feel interesting at all.
    2set gives 5% extra damage to the attack that does 25% of your damage (and a lot less on aoe fights). So it's around 1% extra dps and only on single target.
    4set gives more chance to proc L&L. But tbh we allready have too many buttons to push, I don't need to feel more GCD capped ty Bliz.

In our raid we're also with 5 of 11people on protector token so I don't really have trouble letting them get tokens while I just take non-tier drops. Non-tier drops that do have all the beautiful crit rating and agi gem bonusses.

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    4set gives more chance to proc L&L. But tbh we allready have too many buttons to push, I don't need to feel more GCD capped ty Bliz..
    sorry, whats the problem? you don't have to have more buttons just because LnL proccs more often. you just press explo more often.
    and if you don't use the 4set, you will just be pressing arcane/cobra in that time.
    you are always doing something, it has been like that ever since they implemented steady shot. get used to it.
    I dont see any issues with the 4set.
    Actually I quite like it as SV, multitarget is not an issue anyway, prefer more singletargetdmg. And it succeds in doing that, by having the situation that you have 2 LnL proccs in one BA happen much more often.
    with the 4set, the procc is quite reliable. you should defenetly track the ICD of LnL and delay BA application if necessary (and if you're not allready doing that^^)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    sorry, whats the problem? you don't have to have more buttons just because LnL proccs more often. you just press explo more often.
    We allready have the highest APM of any class and I also think the one with most skills in their rotations + procs in the rotation. At the start of xpack I hated the 2sec CS but now during hours of raiding I treasure every time I can do nothing for those 2sec. 53APM without counting movement is just tiring.
    In contrast an affl lock has around 25apm. In DS SV felt like playing music, now any hunter spec feels like wildly hitting a drum set and the result is just a lot of inconsistent noise.