Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best LFR loot haul, beat this.

Today I got 8 items, 4 pieces of tier including gloves, chest, legs and head. One ring, the trinket from elegon useless boots and a cloak. This is after going weeks without winning anything. So can anyone beat this haul?

4/6 so far this week after not getting any loot from LFR since terrace release.

I think you can easily beat it by raiding normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Even normal/heroic obeys loot gods will.

Was not meant to be a bragging thread. Just wondered if anyone else has been this lucky.

Considering you got 15% chance of winning loot per boss probability of winning 8 loot in 16 boss run is: (0.15^8) * (0.85^8) * 16! / (8! * 8!) = 0.00089879371 which is almost 1 in 1,250. gratz lol
    Last edited by Marooned; 2012-12-12 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Considering you got 15% chance of winning loot per boss probability of winning 8 loot in 16 boss run is: (0.15^8) * (0.85^8) * 16! / (8! * 8!) = 0.00089879371 which is almost 1 in 1,250. gratz lol
    Add in the chances of getting 4p tier (albeit LFR) in 1 go. DAfuq.

On my rogue, 2 set bonus (Hands & Head). Chest / Pants / Cloak / Ring / Neck / Belt and 1 Weapon from Stone Guards and 1 Weapon from Lei'shi with sha-touched gem. I went from 462 to 476 in one night.

Shame it's an alt. My main never has that kind of luck, also Grats man, that only happens when the stars align.

I usually get pretty good loot numbers, but this week was terrible. I didn't get one piece of loot until Sha of Fear, where I got the tier piece and roll the axe for my offspec. Really, I was just wishing for the axe, so, glad I got that

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Shame it's an alt. My main never has that kind of luck, also Grats man, that only happens when the stars align.
    That is so true.. Both my warrior and paladin alts are decked out 4 pieces of tier and upwards 470+ while my main till yesterday had a blue weapon with all normals and some heroics on farm. That's luck for ya!

My main usually gets a ton of stuff I disenchant but my longest haul must have been 2 tier tokens (hands/helm) and a ring on my main.

Haven't ran them yet; trying to do the dailies on my main to get my coins for the week. Really hoping for the axe off of Sha, since I got my Legendary gem last week.

12 bosses (1st & 2nd half MSV (x2)) and only two pieces of loot. I love RNG.

I got double sha weapons on my dk last week and 4 pieces in total from Terrace, had pretty bad luck on lock tho.

Gratz on the luck tho
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

done sha o anger twice and got 2/4 496 pc... the way peeps bitch about not getting any gear makes me feel like jeebus

tbf tho, havent had a single purple from scenario bags

Well I must say.. I had the same last night, but not in lfr, it was lfd.
    I am trying to gear my monk to 460. I ran lfd a lot and nothing.... Last night I did a few runs and got like 7 items.
    Can't stay unlucky all the time.

how about the exact opposite.. two weeks ago i went 0/16 + 0/3coins... on 4 toons. granted the week before each char mustve gotten at least 4 pieces each, including my mage getting 3 pieces of tier in hof#2

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Loot gods willing, of course. Without their favor, you'll go whole expansions with no drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Meaning it's unlikely to happen to you, but it's extremely likely to happen to someone. With up to a million people doing LFR each week (completely made up statistic), a one in 1250 chance of a loot haul like this means that an average of 800 people go home with a loot haul like this every week. Even if you assume that only ten thousand people do LFR weekly, this is still going to happen to a half-dozen people every week.

So we can assume that lots of people have gotten far better loot hauls than this, probably even this week, but it's unlikely that any of them will stumble across this thread.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Now entering my 6th week of LFR raiding. i've got 11 power sigils and 6 wisdom. Nothing else. Sha of anger and any other boss only give me gold. I do have the offhand glaive and right binding from BT and MC respectively since last week. Win some you lose some.

I've gotten at least four Sha-Touched weapons now and three tier pieces between two characters. And the legendary gem for both. Our guild's long-time main healer has gotten barely any drops in a month or so. I've gotten maybe twenty in that same period.

With the mental laziness of "RNG is RNG" and all the close-mindedness that phrase carries aside, I still think there should be a stacking buff (in the background) that gives you a +1 bonus on your loot roll for every failed roll in between. You might still go 10 bosses without winning something but statistically the chance will get smaller and smaller. Assuming a simple internal dice roll of 100 and you need greater than an 84 to win, it would just keep adding a +1 to your dice roll until it's used up by a winning roll.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.