Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Games Workshop and Creative Assembly announces partnership!

http://www.creative-assembly.com/seg...rhammer-games/

Inba Total War style Warhammer games incoming!
    Last edited by madokbro; 2012-12-06 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesnt mean a Total War is comming... but it would be awsome, and I'd look forward to it more than Rome 2 tbh.

No love for the 41st millenium? Or they will leave that one to Relic.

You know, the Dawn of War series is nice and all, but something with a bigger scope like Total War would probably depict conflicts like Imperial Guard vs Orks/Nids/Chaos much more faithfully.

This has piqued my curiosity.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Hey, at least they can't ruin it more than finecast!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very much looking forward to this

There is an incredible mod for Medieval 2: Total War (my favorite game of the series), Call of Warhammer
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

I'm personally hoping for a proper Nurgle faction in PC game, Papa Nurgle gets no love from devs these days.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No love for the 41st millenium? Or they will leave that one to Relic.
    I fear that it's still in the bankrupt claws of THQ.... Sigh....

I'd still give my left nut for a proper 40k RPG, think proper Dragon Age just as an Inquisitor Acolyte... That'd be amazing, sadly it'll never happen.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Holy shit, this is really big. Creative Assembly is doing the most epic strategy serie on pc and games workshop owns the best damn sifi licence in the buisness, 40k is amazing with tons and tons off lore and good games, love the dawn of war serie.

Imagine the scale of battle from a total war game in the 40k universe.

Well looks like it will be the warhammer fantasy license and not 40k.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-12-06 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    Yes
    yes
    yes
    fuck yes omg

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I fear that it's still in the bankrupt claws of THQ.... Sigh....

I'd still give my left nut for a proper 40k RPG, think proper Dragon Age just as an Inquisitor Acolyte... That'd be amazing, sadly it'll never happen.
    The recent Dark Millienium MMO they announced is being turned into a single player/co op RPG, so maybe, just maybe it will be better off for that and be a nicer game over all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post

The recent Dark Millienium MMO they announced is being turned into a single player/co op RPG, so maybe, just maybe it will be better off for that and be a nicer game over all.
    Yes, but with the company in financial dire straights I honestly doubt this game will ever see the light of day.

Awesome news indeed! I just hope my Tomb Kings make it in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoreguy View Post
    Yes, but with the company in financial dire straights I honestly doubt this game will ever see the light of day.
    Of course it will see the light of day. Look how well Duke Nukem Forever turned out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoreguy View Post
    There's still hope yet, wasn't there some news recently of THQ finding a new "financial backer" of sorts. Only time will tell.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes
    yes
    yes
    fuck yes omg

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 03:53 PM ----------

That was my initial reaction to the news of it becoming a singleplayer RPG (I'm sick and tired of every company making half assed games just because they want a bite of the MMO market) - sadly THQ has about as much money these days as the country of Sudan... So yeah, fat chance... One can of course hope.

Deleted
    That was my initial reaction to the news of it becoming a singleplayer RPG (I'm sick and tired of every company making half assed games just because they want a bite of the MMO market) - sadly THQ has about as much money these days as the country of Sudan... So yeah, fat chance... One can of course hope.
    I think we'll see it released, THQ aren't dead just yet. On the other hand, its good to see games workshop doing more deals in the video game industry, both 40k and fantasy are universes that translate very well into games. Here's to hoping if THQ goes down, we see someone else pick up the 40k Licence and do it justice.

Here's to hoping if THQ goes down, we see someone else pick up the 40k Licence and do it justice.
    Like, for example, Blizzpffffft I cant even finish it without laughing.

Here's to hoping if THQ goes down, we see someone else pick up the 40k Licence and do it justice.
    The DoW games are pretty good, and from what I've heard Space Marine is pretty solid (though when I tried the demo it didn't really feel like my cup o tea) >.>

Would be nice to have it in the hands of a company that wasn't damn near broke. Though I wouldn't want to see THQ go down, they've got some great franchises that they handle pretty well.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The DoW games are pretty good, and from what I've heard Space Marine is pretty solid (though when I tried the demo it didn't really feel like my cup o tea) >.>

Would be nice to have it in the hands of a company that wasn't damn near broke. Though I wouldn't want to see THQ go down, they've got some great franchises that they handle pretty well.
    DoW and Space Marine are both "okay" if you ask me. Space Marine was too short and too easy and too... Simple I guess, could've been more fun if they had like a leveling system or more story or something else, and DoW - Only played the DoW 2 games and it's kinda the same, too short, too simple and I hate playing strategy games where I only control a hanful of units and can't build a base etc.

Deleted
    DoW and Space Marine are both "okay" if you ask me. Space Marine was too short and too easy and too... Simple I guess, could've been more fun if they had like a leveling system or more story or something else, and DoW - Only played the DoW 2 games and it's kinda the same, too short, too simple and I hate playing strategy games where I only control a hanful of units and can't build a base etc.
    I actually really liked DoW2. The fact that you CAN'T build units was my favourite part. You only get about 6 or so units throughout the game (which matter for the story), and you really learn to use them to their full potential.

I think I played the main campaign of DoW2 for about 10 hours, which is long enough by my standards at the moment, but this is mostly because Steam keeps putting games on sale, making me play more short games instead of a couple of long ones (I hate myself for this, but that's how it is atm ^^ )