Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    First of all : Word " work " in the world of wow has different types and meaning .

After all auction trading is also some sort of " work " .

I'm actually not a big fan of auction farming , but : Seems like you have never heard about new " black market auction house " .

Because if you know what is this , then your conception about " easy items obtaining " seems a bit ridiculous .

Then use the phrase effort. The more effort you put in the more you will get out of the game.
    Dan refuses to put any effort into learning a profssion so Dan doesnt get profession mounts booo hoo.

No Dan on your second point the BMAH is for those who have the gold to buy rare items and they will have put the effort in to have earned that gold legitimately. If the BMAH is so great then why are you complaining as you can yse that as an alternative to having to level profession, except profession bound mounts are not available on BMAH.

As people have pointed out its your original OP that is ridiculous and if you understood the arguments then you wouldnt be persevering as people do not agree with you. Face it you are too lazt to level a profession, but want the perks that others who have leveled the profession get. Speak to Blizz and tell them you are a special case.

First of all : Word " work " in the world of wow has different types and meaning .

I'm actually not a big fan of auction farming , but : Seems like you have never heard about new " black market auction house " .

Because if you know what is this , then your conception about " easy items obtaining " seems a bit ridiculous .
    Are you saying that AH playing is or isn't work? You say that it should be counted as work compared to leveling a profession, then you say it isn't really work because it represents an easy way to get things that are for sale on the BMAH.

Let's say making gold is work, I personally think it is (and also am fine with the BMAH), and that hypothetically blizzard could sell anything, including profession perks. Blacksmithing has the best perks (from a raiding perspective) and costs approximately 30k in mats + ~4 hours of time to level, so assuming each hour is worth 10k in opportunity cost (a reasonable amount for someone who 'works' earning gold) then the cost of the Blacksmithing benefits is 70k.

Would you be willing to pay a starting bid of 70k for an item on the BMAH that on use instantly gave you 600 Blacksmithing and the associated profession benefits? you'd get no additional patterns and it would take up a profession slot (which is a penalty the normal blacksmith's have to pay too). I would be perfectly fine with seeing something like that listed personally. Even better we could let people unlearn and package up a profession, provided they'd legitimately learned it first, and sell that. You said you were interested in helping players get profit for their profession after all. How much do you think they would go for? If the cost price is 70k then 100k+? Would you be willing to pay that?

If you wouldn't be willing to pay in that price range though I can really only conclude you are looking to get profession benefits for cheaper (less in terms of cost/work/effort/or however you chose to phrase it) than the people who actually learned those professions from scratch, i.e. you are asking for a handout because you expect things for less than cost price. And no, I don't support that.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-12-19 at 04:00 AM.

How is this even still a discussion?

No. Obviously purchasing a single enchant is a marginally lower gold investment than leveling the entire profession from scratch and obtaining the materials to make that enchant, gem or even a piece of gear.

work = work = work = work. no ands, ifs, buts or alternate meanings. Just because you are playing the game doesn't mean that you aren't 'working'. Any form of business activity (whether it be farming, destroying or crafting) is an investment as far as gold goes.

Also, the BMAH has nothing to do with professions. At all. Not even remotely related.

As the Goblins like to say, Time is Money friend!
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

You're basically suggesting they remove any reason to learn a profession outside of selling stuff on the AH. I can see changing the mount thing, but getting rid of profession only enchants kills a huge part of the appeal for most people and basically makes professions the most uninteresting thing in the game.

WoW suffers from not enough diversity already as it is. Your ideas would amplify that problem.

But I suppose the game seems to be headed to no differences between classes, why not make all professions completely the same as well so there's really nothing unique or interesting in the game at all anymore.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2012-12-19 at 04:26 AM.

Ok , that's all . Now seems like I eventually missed summary of this discussion .

Let's just wait and look . After all , only developers can influence at the gameplay .

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree with the prof mount restriction removal, the rest? Not exactly what the issue is. You don't want to make a crafting prof? That's fine.

Then, depending on your class/spec, take:

Mining = +Stam
    Skinning = +Crit
    Herbalism = +Haste CD that works out to being basically the same as the other flat stat bonuses from the other crafting profs, just in the form of an on-demand CD to be used during burn phases

Seriously, if picking two of those is too much work for you, then not sure what you want from the game?