Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Profession bound items .

    Profession bound items . Why does it still exist ?

    Developers have already added new not profession bound mounts in game .

    Panthers and rockets . Also you can earn sand dragon .

    Why don't they remove profession requirements from carpets and flying machines ?

    Second question about profession bound enchants . Sure for veterans of the wow , such thing like profession absolutely not a problem .

    But some players don't like to learn them . Even more . I know players , that really hate this thing .

    I suppose , that in future developers should transform all crafting BoP enchants into BoE .

    As a result : Players that like learn professions can earn more money . Other players will be able to buy the strongest enchants at the auction .

  2. #2
    Mechagnome manicwrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cotswolds, Southwest England.
    Posts
    587
    "Why don't they remove profession requirements from carpets and flying machines ?" I'd like this

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    I suppose , that in future developers should transform all crafting BoP enchants into BoE .

    As a result : Players that like learn professions can earn more money . Other players will be able to buy the strongest enchants at the auction .
    I disagree. And this is why;
    you can only have two professions. Therefore there is an opportunity cost that you pay when you choose each of your professions. The exclusive benefit you gain from the BoP enchants from each professions is balanced in such a way that you gain an equal benefit (~320 total raw stats per profession) regardless of what you choose. This is why you will never see those BoP enchants turn into BoE.

    Furthermore, if you would have been playing in BC, you would know that there were certain craftables that the recipes to learn were BoE, but the crafted item was BoP.. creating a situation where if you wanted said crafted piece, you had to get that profession. ( example )

    They already removed the necessity of professions as far as a power standpoint from current content.. The old mounts stand there still BoP as to not anger the people who chose those professions to obtain the cosmetic benefit. Now the new mount variations serve as a much needed gold sink.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

  4. #4
    There's only one or two superior enchants (that you can use at once) per crafting profession, at most. That's it. Anyone who cares enough about the bonus stats you receive from professions will choose a profession to level. Otherwise, it's not as if you're going to be at a huge disadvantage for not.

    Besides. I'm not sure that "some people don't like to level them" is an appropriate reasoning for eliminating the few exclusive bonuses they have.

  5. #5
    For mounts I think it's a good idea. It would help tailors and engineers (normally two profession not as profitable as the others) make more money.

    Disagree about Profession bound enchants. Most of them are roughly equal in terms of benefits gained, anyway. Making them available to everyone will just homogenize stuff even further and needlessly.

  6. #6
    Because they like each profession to have unique advantages. Ridiculous easy street idea to dilute the idea or differences in choosing a profession. I'd prefer if they became more unique not less. It wouldnt mean more money because all the others in the profession would make the enchant as well. Example being panther mounts arent profitable because anyone can make them.

    But some players don't like to learn them . Even more . I know players , that really hate this thing .
    Booo Hooo would you like free gold and free epics as well?

    In wow you distinguish yourself and gain advantage against other players by putting effort in. Profession perks are small enough as they are.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexpower3 View Post

    The exclusive benefit you gain from the BoP enchants from each professions is balanced in such a way that you gain an equal benefit (~320 total raw stats per profession) regardless of what you choose.
    In my opinion , all look pretty simple . More strong BoE tradable enchants = Raising bosses power . That's all . Have I missed something ?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    In my opinion , all look pretty simple . More strong BoE tradable enchants = Raising bosses power . That's all . Have I missed something ?
    This post doesn't make any sense, as in I literally do not understand what you are trying to say or how it had anything to do with what you quoted.
    All professions have (just about) the same increase in stats as each other at present, so there is no need to make those enchants BoE. Everyone already has the same benefit, unless they picked up no professions or a gathering profession.

    I would say it is potentially a good idea to make gathering profession bonuses as strong as crafting bonuses.

  9. #9
    "I'm too lazy to level professions, other people aren't though and they are making money as a result".

    Derr, stop whining. If anything, they should revamp 1-450 for every prof(like they did with cooking) and then you level the rest as normal. You're just whining because other people have put effort in and are being rewarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post

    All professions have (just about) the same increase in stats as each other at present, so there is no need to make those enchants BoE.
    The same increase in stats ? I'm not sure about this .

    I suppose , that if all of the enchants will be tradable , then balance of buffs might become nearly ideal .

  11. #11
    Why on earth shouldn't people who've gone to the trouble and expense of leveling a profession be entitled to additional benefits as a reward for putting in that effort and expense over someone who hasn't done so?

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Monoxyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    The same increase in stats ? I'm not sure about this .

    I suppose , that if all of the enchants will be tradable , then balance of buffs might become nearly ideal .

    my poor brain, it hurts.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    The same increase in stats ? I'm not sure about this .

    I suppose , that if all of the enchants will be tradable , then balance of buffs might become nearly ideal .
    No.

    You get 320 stats. The stats you get are different or in a different form depending on the profession you choose. And instead of arguing this with you, I'm simply going to redirect you to a place where you can find all the information about it yourself. Here you go: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ession-Bonuses
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

  14. #14
    i think we will see more changes probably in patch 5.2 or maybe 5.3 ?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexpower3 View Post

    You get 320 stats. The stats you get are different or in a different form depending on the profession you choose.
    Yeah , I know statistic and other things . I just don't understand one fact : Why does developers force players to explore professions ?

    In my opinion , buy enchant at the auction seems much more easier than learn profession .

    Moreover , I created this post like discussion about profession bound mounts , not just about enchants .

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    Yeah , I know statistic and other things . I just don't understand one fact : Why does developers force players to explore professions ?

    In my opinion , buy enchant at the auction seems much more easier than learn profession .

    Moreover , I created this post like discussion about profession bound mounts , not just about enchants .
    How are you forced? You're given a bonus if you choose to do it. Which you should be, more work = more reward, that seems fair right?

    And yes buying is much easier than learning a profession, which is why you can't just buy them. Why should people who don't put in the work be entitled to the same reward with less effort?

  17. #17
    What Windfury said. Its seen as a reward for effort and an encourgament. You just sound lazy because you dont have the determination to level that particular aly and you wnat everything given to you. How east do you wnat them to make the game for you? They have already made mounts account wide. Professions are there as another aspect of the game which you are encourgaed to get involved in. Put the effort in if you want the unique bonuses and dont put the effort in if you dont.

    Your version seems to be give you all the perks without any effort.

    As for enchants, then its an arms race if you make the best enchants available at the ah then everyone has the same and you are no better off.

    As for mounts the only objection I have is Blizzard continually pushing mounts that you have to pay real money for as I think thats just them being explootative. All mounts should be available in game, even if the method of getting them is hard or a very rare chance.

  18. #18
    they exist because blizzard wants!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post

    Which you should be, more work = more reward, that seems fair right?
    First of all : Word " work " in the world of wow has different types and meaning .

    After all auction trading is also some sort of " work " .

    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post

    And yes buying is much easier than learning a profession, which is why you can't just buy them.

    Why should people who don't put in the work be entitled to the same reward with less effort?
    I'm actually not a big fan of auction farming , but : Seems like you have never heard about new " black market auction house " .

    Because if you know what is this , then your conception about " easy items obtaining " seems a bit ridiculous .

  20. #20
    More work = more reward. If there was no reward, no one would level it, and you wouldn't be able to buy it. Vicious circle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •