Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favorite Conspiracy Theories

Did the government recruit school children to beat you up in school? Are gold fish really communist spies? Movies, are they real? Children, do they want us all dead?

Now seriously, what are your favorite conspiracy theories?

Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    David Icke, according to him I'm an Alien Reptile.

That the Car companies have an engine that runs on water, but are sitting on it to drive up prices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_%28video_game%29

Urban legend, but there was all kinds of talk about this for a while. The government was using it to give players subliminal messages and turn them into obedient zombies, men in black were coming to the arcade machines with strange devices to collect data from them, all the machines and anyone involved with them mysteriously disappeared, etc.

From what I understand, this game actually did exist very briefly, but it was recalled quickly because the graphics caused people to have seizures and other epileptic fits, and that's pretty much all there was to it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-12-06 at 04:37 PM.

My favourite is the Lizard men are among us conspiracy theory. I have a great memory of my 18th, party had died down and some of my friends were staying the night, we stayed up for hours basically just talking about this conspiracy theory, in our drunken states of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_%28video_game%29

Urban legend, but there was all kinds of talk about this for a while. The government was using it to give players subliminal messages and turn them into obedient zombies, men in black were coming to the arcade machines with strange devices to collect data from them, all the machines and anyone involved with them mysteriously disappeared, etc.

From what I understand, this game actually did exist very briefly, but it was recalled quickly because the graphics caused people to have seizures and other epileptic fits, and that's pretty much all there was to it.
    I never heard that legend although I remember a tempest like game that wasn't tempest from that time-frame. but I never gave it a second thought until just now, what if that was Polybius? What if my brain was scanned by evil BIM? Doubtful. LOLOLOLOLOL. For me the one Arcade game from 1990 I have hunted for for years was Ataxx. Now that was a hardcore game, that got lost in time.

That Scrapbot is an automated banning-machine

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Lies ! Lies and slander !!!

I am a fan of the whole Illuminati, always watching eye type of thing. real or not it is still interesting. Imagine if The Da Vinci Code starred you in real life. That would be epic.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Lies ! Lies and slander !!!
    Scrapbot is actually just a senior staff member of the mod squad, probably one of the few still active ones. The whole "Scrapbot is automated" thing started as a joke by a certain someone after she adopted the robot avatar, and it kind of got out of hand from there.

Trust me, I'm a marine-biologist.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

I thought Scrapbot was an AI created from code from Legion, Cortana, EDI, Data, R2D2 and 2-1B.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Thank you for your link, I keep meaning to download a Bible code tool. Now I can prove I am the Devil, and my cat is my profit. ;-P

The conspiracy theories are always good for comic relief.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I thought Scrapbot was an AI created from code from Legion, Cortana, EDI, Data, R2D2 and 2-1B.
    Scrapbot is real just like me or you, well maybe just me

I have a grown up friend who believes the Moon is hollow and contains a space station. That trails after airplanes contains chemicals wich allows a shadow government to mind control the population. That reality is a videogame and alot of other odd things.
    It could be a really interesting theme for a documentary tbh. Follow some of the most die hard believers and take a look at some the theorys. Who knows - maybe we can not completely exclude that there is a space station inside the moon

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Well he should hurry and accept my friend request if he's not, I sent it weeks ago!

Now on conspiracy theory, I heard one once that tap water was filled with poisons that make the population become easier to control by the gouvernment and we shouldn't drink it. And I heard this from a 50 year old woman.

Scrapbot is Overlord in disguise from the H.I.V.E series.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

That 11/9 was not a terrorist at...

wait, conspiracy theories... hmm...