Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    It's almost as if people see it as an accusation. I just don't get that mentality, it's just being safe. It's something I would Expect in a mature relationship, sensibility on the important things.
    Right, if it's a woman that's good with jumping straight to unprotected sex and has no interest in asking me about STI status, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of her.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    You don't have the discussion about going to the clinic to get tested when you are about to have sex though, there are better times for that.
    Indeed, like every other time, ever.

Deleted
    Why do you need to discuss it?

Just pop it on if the sex is planned (ie, romantic night in) or if it's a bit more spontaneous, just say "Hang on", jump off the bed and put one on, you don't have to make a big deal of it. I haven't met anyone who makes a big deal of that kind of thing (nor does it kill the mood). If it ever did and someone was insistent on me not wearing one, I'd just get dressed and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    If she is expecting to go bare the first time you guys hook up, you might want to reconsider hooking up with her.
    I'm going to quote this, not because I agree 100%, but because it does show a bit of 'wtf' to me. If this is your first time getting it on, and she wants it bare? Ya no.

I would just tell her "Hey look, we both need to get tested, because it's the right thing to do" not because you want to be romantic or whatever. If she's not ok with getting tested to have sex with a guy long term (it is longer than 1 night obviously right?) then she's not ok with you man.

It's nothing personal, it's just the fact that you don't want to end up on your own with HIV or Chlamydia or something.

If it was 1 night, wrap it up... If it's long term (more than 3+ in my book) wrap it up until you get tested.. And even then, I'd still wrap it up until you were ready 100% to have a kid TOGETHER.. Because "I have an implant" is about as confirming as my doctor was when he told me "You'll grow out of getting fat don't worry." shit that I heard forever ago.

PS I'm still fat.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Why do you need to discuss it?

Just pop it on if the sex is planned (ie, romantic night in) or if it's a bit more spontaneous, just say "Hang on", jump off the bed and put one on, you don't have to make a big deal of it. I haven't met anyone who makes a big deal of that kind of thing (nor does it kill the mood). If it ever did and someone was insistent on me not wearing one, I'd just get dressed and leave.
    3rd option.

Start rubbing her while putting it on one handed, and double check it before you actually get going.

You might want to have an STI discussion with her before sex takes place period; condom or no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tell her. If your going into that part of a relationship keeping a secret that is along the lines of "I don't want to catch a disease from you." then your in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If you can't discuss STIs with someone, you shouldn't be having sex with them. There are no exceptions to this.
    Nailed it.

It's not something you have to discuss haha. Just have one with you when you're on dates and if things get going, put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's not something you have to discuss haha. Just have one with you when you're on dates and if things get going, put it on.
    Exactly. You don't want to have to run out to the store in the middle of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I know and I do, don't worry. I just don't want to have to use them constantly if I'm in a serious exclusive relationship - so that's why I like getting tested alongside my gf.

Condoms are expensive. Sex clinics give free condoms. When I went there with my first date, we got two or three paper baggies full of condoms - lasted us a good while, and no one gave us a second look.

Even with ladies I trust, I put on a condom as part of the normal routine, just because it's, well, normal. (Also I'm paranoid.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would concur with others that you should always use protection. Its not a matter of debate since you should be using it all the time anyway. Its not a bareback issue, its a safety issue. Cover your own ass and use protection.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Just say that you yourself is thinking about getting tested just be sure, and ask her if you should not get one together.

Well for starters don't bring it up while being intimate. ^^

When you know it's gonna be a lasting relationship sit her down and simply say, there's something I want / need to talk to you about and then just be honest. Explain that it's important to you to be sure that you both are disease free so that you both can enjoy the benefits of condom free sex. Just being honest and speaking from the heart is the only way to go about it. Just say how you feel.

However, this does not protect you against unwanted pregnancies or in the case of cheating, diseases. So be careful still.
    Fentooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Because women are just dying to get pregnant from college kids?

Right

It's not that they are just dying to get pregnant from college kids so much as there is really no verifiable way to be certain she actually has one in and women lie about things like that as well. It's not just guys that are asses when it comes to stuff like this.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Right, if it's a woman that's good with jumping straight to unprotected sex and has no interest in asking me about STI status, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of her.
    Meh, maybe she's just not jaded and freaked out by the idea. You know how it is, you feel invincible until you get screwed over. Granted I always wrap up and don't really stress out, I try to keep myself aimed towards... clean, for lack of a better word, looking women. The pea brained ditsy chicks are the ones I worry about.

Seriously though, I use a condom because I'm not ready to have kids. Regardless if she has birth control or a disease, I'm using one every fucking time.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Exactly. You don't want to have to run out to the store in the middle of things.
    One in the wallet. One hidden in the glove box. One in the center console. One box in the tire well with the spare tire. Fuckin' prepared for an orgy if it happens.
    Last edited by xxf2dxx; 2012-12-06 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Last time I checked condoms don't prevent most STD's.

Are you kissing? Touching? oral sex?

Are you using protection for these activities as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post

Exactly why I posted my previous comment. Unless I am remembering very incorrectly, one can still get the Herpes even if a condom is used.

I don't know what kind of relationships you all have been in, but I'm actually shocked that anyone would have trouble with this. Why would you be concerned with your partner's reaction if you're bringing up a legitimate precaution? I would be furious if my girlfriend reacted negatively to me trying to make a responsible health choice.

Sexually transmitted diseases aren't bound to any implication of 'whoring' one's self out. My fiance was born with Herpes, and she let me know from the start of our relationship what we were getting in to. At no point does that brand her a slut, and sometimes diseases like that can lay dormant. She didn't get her first outbreak until her late teen's.

TL: DR; If your partner gets upset with you for trying to be responsible, it's not your fault. In fact, they have a serious character flaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post

They do a pretty good job preventing HIV, which is the scariest of them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SaintCree View Post
    I don't know what kind of relationships you all have been in, but I'm actually shocked that anyone would have trouble with this. Why would you be concerned with your partner's reaction if you're bringing up a legitimate precaution? I would be furious if my girlfriend reacted negatively to me trying to make a responsible health choice.

Sexually transmitted diseases aren't bound to any implication of 'whoring' one's self out. My fiance was born with Herpes, and she let me know from the start of our relationship what we were getting in to. At no point does that brand her a slut, and sometimes diseases like that can lay dormant. She didn't get her first outbreak until her late teen's.

TL: DR; If your partner gets upset with you for trying to be responsible, it's not your fault. In fact, they have a serious character flaw.
    Yeah, it would be a huge flaming red flag to me if a girl got upset when I said we needed to get tested before having sex without a condom.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!