Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is feral still dangerous?

So I played feral ever since BC came out, i know just started lvling him again he's 86 right now, And i like the feel of it. I was just wondering if they are still as dangerous and very good dps at high end raiding. I know at the end of cata i was topping the charts on my heroic raids, just wondering if it's still amazing dps, or if boomkin is pushing out more dps?

It really just depends on the fight, multi target, boomkin tends to win out, for obvious reasons. Ferals single target is pretty good right now, I can easily pull ~100k with my gear currently.

Lower part of the dps chart. Just as in cata. Some fights are good for us, some fights are bad.
    Sometimes a look at recount with sadness and say "Okey, we are bad for this fight, but why mages do TWICE more damage than ferals??"

If you can top the recount chart as feral in your guild it just means that other classes in your raid are under-performing. You know, sometimes you take #3 feral spot in worldoflogs, you are #10 in recount and other people in your raid don't even get into top200.

We have a lot of utility so. Imo, its worth it, especially in 10man. But utility comes at the cost of additional dps loss. Lucky for us, we don't have to shift out of form to battleres someone any more.

Anyway, feral is one of the best specs in wow (for me definitely the best), so even if you know for sure that you will NEVER be #1 overall dps on any boss, it is still worth it.
    Last edited by traen; 2012-12-06 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Lower part of the dps chart. Just as in cata. Some fights are good for us, some fights are bad.
    Sometimes a look at recount with sadness and say "Okey, we are bad for this fight, but why mages do TWICE more damage than ferals??"

If you can top the recount chart as feral in your guild it just means that other classes in your raid are under-performing. You know, sometimes you take #3 feral spot in worldoflogs, you are #10 in recount and other people in your raid don't even get into top200.

We have a lot of utility so. Imo, its worth it, especially in 10man. But utility comes at the cost of additional dps loss. Lucky for us, we don't have to shift out of form to battleres someone any more.

Anyway, feral is one of the best specs in wow (for me definitely the best), so even if you know for sure that you will NEVER be #1 overall dps on any boss, it is still worth it.
    I top the charts in my raid and I don't think it's quite applicable to say the other classes in my raid are under-performing.

you will NEVER be #1 overall dps
    :-(

Edit:

For a more thorough response, ferals are about middle of the pack on single target and somewhat suck at target switching, but shine at multitarget/mobility based fight.

We're not the reigning OP champs as warriors are, but still a decent bit ahead of the pack.

If there's a fight boomkins do more dps on, it's most likely range favored (spirit kings). Ferals tend to beat moonkin handily otherwise.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2012-12-06 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I top the charts in my raid and I don't think it's quite applicable to say the other classes in my raid are under-performing.
    Well, its quite easy to check.
    Look at your place at wol and look at others place at wol. If you are on nearly the same spots - then its true.

Just keep in mind that there are less ferals than other classes (with just one exception of enh shamans), so try to adjust the result accordingly.

If you are saying that you top the charts on all bosses, then people in your raid are definitely under-performing. Its not even remotely possible for feral to do as much damage as some other classes due to boss mechanics on particular fights.

Heh, what I meant was - my guild has cleared heroic Sha. Every member in the guild is competent and has a handful (or more) of #1 parses. I still top the charts, see [majority] of my kill videos, linked in my signature (I am outdamaged on occasion by tanks, but well, what can you do.

I'm obviously not on top for every fight - no skilled, well balanced roster would have any class permanently on top - but almost always in the top 3 unless I'm tanking or some gimmick is involved.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2012-12-06 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    Heh, what I meant was - my guild has cleared heroic Sha. Every member in the guild is competent and has a handful (or more) of #1 parses. I still top the charts, see [majority] of my kill videos, linked in my signature (I am outdamaged on occasion by tanks, but well, what can you do.

I'm obviously not on top for every fight - no skilled, well balanced roster would have any class permanently on top - but almost always in the top 3 unless I'm tanking or some gimmick is involved.
    Checked out your Channel and noticed your guild; GRATZ btw =)

Applied for a guild as a Feral and was happy to see that there are still people enjoying the spec, and your vids really got me motivated to continue on my Feral, I'm still a bit wonky on the rotation (coming from an Ele Shaman), but i think i'l get there eventually, paying particular attention to your videos should help.

Considering your the first PVE Feral i've found, are there any other You Tuber's you can recomend?
    I could be wrong but I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Sacromental View Post
    Checked out your Channel and noticed your guild; GRATZ btw =)

Applied for a guild as a Feral and was happy to see that there are still people enjoying the spec, and your vids really got me motivated to continue on my Feral, I'm still a bit wonky on the rotation (coming from an Ele Shaman), but i think i'l get there eventually, paying particular attention to your videos should help.

Considering your the first PVE Feral i've found, are there any other You Tuber's you can recomend?
    Thanks. Glad to see another feral druid continue, we are pretty amazing. And no, I don't have any recommendations for youtube, sorry. I'm not big into media - I mostly use my channel as a repository for raw footage that is then used to create our actual kill videos - you'll notice the lack of editing/music and such.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    you will NEVER be #1 overall dps on any boss, it is still worth it.

Lies!

Deleted
    I dont even know what you did with that WoL picture. Those numbers are horribly screwed.

Deleted
    That WoL seems to be very old and if i am not misstaken that might even be logs from the glory weak of HotW.

We'r generally good dpses some fights are good some are less good ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    That WoL seems to be very old and if i am not misstaken that might even be logs from the glory weak of HotW.

We'r generally good dpses some fights are good some are less good ^^
    The fact that 69k DPS is somehow #1 should prove it's a rather early parse. The top DPS is now 114k, and a moonkin holds #2. The top feral is #99.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I guess we have different approaches. You can't see the situation as a whole.
    You look at your place in your guild recount and make conclusions based on this. Its kinda wrong.
    There is not too many parses yet in 25h. There is not many geared players yet. You killed a boss? You are guaranteed to get top20 as feral because there is just 20 ferals in logs. But in 3 month when most of the people will get their bis gear, the situation will change dramatically.
    Its hard to find a feral in top100 overall parses on many bosses now, it will be not possible to find any of us at all.

I want you to forget about your guild's recount for a while.
    Try to answer one simple question: what class is weaker than feral? In average, on all bosses in current content. Take an extreme assumption that all classes have bis gear and close to theoretical maximum skill. What classes don't have a potential to overdps feral?

Anyway, I would be happy to see one single full clear parse with feral being in top5 overall dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Yeah, that pictures are from the first week

I don't know why people still think ferals are topping any dps charts. Ferals are scaling horribly with gear compared to other classes, its completly normal to get some good dps compared to your guild/raid while everyone is still gearing up.Ferals are in the exact same spot as Elemental Shamans, really good at early stages but scale horribly into endgame gearlevel. Compare ilvl510 ferals with ilvl510 mages/warlocks/warrior and yes, even hunter. You will be surprised how much better those classes scale and will outdamage you singletarget.

So, for progress ferals were in a really good spot but I'm worried about the next content when everyone has the same gearlevel and we will drop to the bottomline again.
    Last edited by nijuu; 2012-12-07 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    we will drop to the bottomline again.
    Bottomline i doubt, we won't be top thought

Deleted
    yeah sadly first 2 weeks were amazing, i toped the dps meeter for our first heroic kills of feng and sprit binder, i was such a happy kitty...now...now I'm passed on loot because rogues will always out dps us :<

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=6897#Croente
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=1158#Melenkor
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...1370#Fragnance
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=5333#Bavver

couldnt post more logs but all of you are free to search for every boss on this tier (all the top ferals) and compare them with there guild dmg
    you should do something wrong if you think feral is at a bad spot in pve atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    yeah sadly first 2 weeks were amazing, i toped the dps meeter for our first heroic kills of feng and sprit binder, i was such a happy kitty...now...now I'm passed on loot because rogues will always out dps us :<
    I found it funny that Blizz saw our damage from HotW and said.....oh no, feral can't be good /nerfbat
    Then you see a fire mage topping every chart and then Blizz says hmmm.....let's give them a little nerf in fire, but buff the shit out of arcane which is now topping the charts.

My guild now runs 4 mages, but I am usually in the top 3 if not on top for most fights. I definately wouldn't say that the mages are underperforming either, since they hold many top 50 parses themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanter View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=6897#Croente
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=1158#Melenkor
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...1370#Fragnance
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=5333#Bavver

couldnt post more logs but all of you are free to search for every boss on this tier (all the top ferals) and compare them with there guild dmg
    you should do something wrong if you think feral is at a bad spot in pve atm
    You compare their damage with their guilds damage, but in reality you need to compare their damage with everything else, not just their guild. I never said feral were in a bad spot at the moment, i just said that ferals are in a bad spot when you compare them to other classes in endgame. If you put 10 equally skilled players with the same gearlevel (we talk about best in slot here) and 10 different specialization into one raid group feral won't be able to place top5. Those are facts and worldoflogs agrees