Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    That's the wrongest thing I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    I hope no mage ever uses this advice, christ.
    Except for the face that he's right. Only thing wrong about it is he didn't mention keeping up your mage bomb. It's called scorch weaving, do some more reading around the forums and you will find out more about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Well first of all its not a secret that fire aside from times you use combustion is terribly boring spec.
    Secondly he didn't really say anything abt there being trouble of changing specs? What he said was he was now looking forward to the fights as arcane cause he had to actually thing abt his placements again and think before acting.

And finally if you really are saying that you dont need to focus more on stuff as an arcane mage in raid.. You might wanna check your facts
    Changing spec was off topic and was not a response or adressed to anyone specific.
    And like i said, if you require more focus or having trouble maybe you play the wrong class then.
    Its natural that you need to pay attention a bit more if you switch to a spec that you did'nt play for a while but give it a week and it goes as smooth as the main one you played before.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I don't really like the lack of mobility arcane brings. You have to be perfect to be average.
    I felt like that about boomkins for certain raid tiers...

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Except for the face that he's right. Only thing wrong about it is he didn't mention keeping up your mage bomb. It's called scorch weaving, do some more reading around the forums and you will find out more about it.
    You weave scorch based on your current mana(near or below 80%), not part of your rotation. Arcane doesn't even have a rotation outside of Alter Time, it all depends on what your mana is at.

The real "skill" with Arcane in my opinion is just paying that little bit of extra attention to your mana, along with having to deal with the cumbersome Rune of Power. RoP is definitely a lot tougher to use and requires some forethought.

Quote Originally Posted by svin View Post
    Its natural that you need to pay attention a bit more if you switch to a spec that you did'nt play for a while but give it a week and it goes as smooth as the main one you played before.
    But the thing I tried to hint at is that is that you got more things to watch at, before as fire you had 2 things to look at Heating up and Hot steak, every 40 seconds you had to redo evocate which aint really a hard thing to do, every 1,5 mins you combustioned, which aint the hardest thing in the world either.

As arcane, you have to be contantly looking at spots to stay for a long time, movement kills your dps, you have to cast Rune of Power everytime you move and stay in the rune, you have to re-apply the rune every 1 min if there is no movement, you have to keep contant look at your mana, manage your stacks at times that is needed, which aint that much cause you have the option to just stay at 6 stacks and scorch, but then on top of that you got to keep an eye on your stacks of AM and use em at optimal times.

There just is way more things to keep track at, while still fighting a boss at the same time. And no it aint too much, and yes you get used to it, but it does need more focus than fire even after you get used to the spec. That was the point of this thread in my mind.

arcane magic is the freaking easiest thing out there, gratulations you are able to pull it off.

It has been since Cata. It was always the super easy spec to get into but then the absolute hardest to ever play perfectly. The skill cap was never the issue it was the skill floor.

Deleted
    Actually the rotation is totally perfect to maintain your [0.9 * your mastery Dmg increase] buff. AB --> AM(prio)/scorch -->AM-->AM(prio)/scorch-->AM-->AM(prio)/scorch aso. is the way to go. If you have a Mnagem ready you can put in some more AM's instead of scorch.

You will hover around 90% mana all the time. If you dont know how to play Arcane, please don't comment against something you dont know jack shit about

Quote Originally Posted by azzgunther View Post
    I'd argue that Arcane has a lower skill cap. In my first fight as Arcane since H Spine half a year ago I parsed #4 in ilvl 491 on H Stone Guard and I can assure you it wasn't due to optimal play since I've learned new things today on the forums.
    You're right, it wasn't. It was because no one played Arcane before a week ago. Ranking top 10 on Arcane that first week was a complete joke, you could have done it blindfolded.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite simple really. Every class and spec is easy after you spend some time on it. No class is hard to learn in WoW. Hard to master, yes, but not to learn. Everyone can get to a fairly high degree of mastery if they put their mind to it.
    And everybody knows that his class is not that hard to learn, but still everybody is adamant to defend the non-existing difficulty. Let's not kid ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Again, you prove to have little to zero knowledge about your class.
    Arcane was easy later on wotlk, not ridiculous derp as cata, but easy. Now early wotlk...it require a little bit more of skill and understanding.

But if you (OP) think fire is easy: you prob don't really get the spec and is doing a simplified, not optimal rotation. Go learn a bit.
    If you werent playing Fire at the end of wrath, you were doing it wrong...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    That's the wrongest thing I've ever seen.
    It's the rotation used by Blatty to get his WF Arcane Parse on Garajal HC:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...e=12826#Blatty

I was using something similar last night to decent effect; the rotation varies depending on CD usage and how many stacks you're at, but once you're at 6 stacks you shouldn't be dropping them or going below ~80% mana (depending on whether you're going Haste or Mastery), and this rotation is the best way to do that at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would mostly agrre with the person who stated that every spec is easy with practice. Knowledge of encounter mechanics also plays a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    You weave scorch based on your current mana(near or below 80%), not part of your rotation. Arcane doesn't even have a rotation outside of Alter Time, it all depends on what your mana is at.
    Not true, outside of heroism/alter time your rotation for max mana scorch weaving while keeping bomb up is AB, AM/scorch, AB, AM/scorch, etc. with AM being priority obviously.

Deleted
    I'd say that the hard part about arcane is not the rotation or managing ur mana but instead managing you're movement since you're locked to RoP and movement really kills arcane so you have to plan ahead and make good use of RoP so that you don't have to recast it every 20 second instead of every minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    I'd say that the hard part about arcane is not the rotation or managing ur mana but instead managing you're movement since you're locked to RoP and movement really kills arcane so you have to plan ahead and make good use of RoP so that you don't have to recast it every 20 second instead of every minute.
    You aren't locked to RoP, both Invocation and IW can be used to decent effect if you play properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    fires been a joke ever since mop hit.. the hardest part was learning and mastering the alter time pyro 4x macro.. after that it was pretty simple.

arcane has always been a much harder spec to play cause movement destroyed your dps way more than fire ever did.
    Mages, have always been an easy class to play. Fire, has always been easy to play, but slightly difficult to play well. Arcane required you to stand still, but not for a second was it difficult, or complicated. Being a less mobile spec, it's always been looked at as the inferior one, or unappealing. Now since people can't or won't play fire, it's now the only option, because most don't want to learn frost, or they look at it as, not good as arcane, so why bother for a much less rng spec. It has cleave capabilities and the best single target patchwerk style probably in the game, why not? Arcane mana management is different, but far from difficult, my only problem with it is with fire, you had randomness, not too much, but it was there, also combustion was just a fun mechanic. Trying to build up a big one, and seeing what rng will do for you. Arcane is tolerable, that's it, for me anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azzgunther View Post
    I'd argue that Arcane has a lower skill cap. In my first fight as Arcane since H Spine half a year ago I parsed #4 in ilvl 491 on H Stone Guard and I can assure you it wasn't due to optimal play since I've learned new things today on the forums. I barely knew the spec and that was enough knowledge to parse in a few other fights as well.
    You seriously couldnt think of any other reasons as to why you got ranked alot as arcane? I don't even...

I'll explain it to you then: First of all, before 5.1 there were significant more normal/hc raiding fire mages then arcane mages, making arcane mages less representated in WoL Logs. Second of all, arcane has got buffed significantly making it not so hard to rank after the new patch. There you go.

I think arcane rotation, in comparing to fire, is somewhat more complex and more enjoyable (imo). The only thing i don't like is the big rampup time to get to 6 stacks of arcane charge. If you don't agree, who gives a fuck, its all subjective anyway!

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel