Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    How surprising.
    They gave us the worst talent tree (and arguably glyphs) by far.
    They nerfed us into oblivion in PVP.
    Our playstyle feels terribly boring and outdated, and we have almost nothing unique anymore (except Smoke Bomb probably).
    Lol, our new abilities dont even have a proper animation.
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2012-12-06 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    How surprising.
    They gave the worst talent tree (and arguably glyphs) by far.
    They nerfed us into oblivion in PVP.
    Our playstyle feels terribly boring and outdated, and we have almost nothing unique anymore (except Smoke Bomb probably).
    Lol, our new abilities dont even have a proper animation.
    ...I still remember months of having a "Belch" sound effect happen when I set off a smoke bomb. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you're saying WarCraft Census is just fiction and hyperbole?
    Not really. I would tend to believe statistical data over personal opinion (usually hyperbole). I find most people like to exaggerate their facts to make their story more convincing. This way, I can go to a site that uses relatively consistent data to determine if the OP is accurate, or just being mellow dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Ret skillcap is like 0 and well the rogue skillcap....
    It's fair to say that the ret rotation is probably a little more forgiving now than in cata, largely because pretty much everything at least generates HoPo, but I think it's clear that a statement like above is just provocative hyperbole. No PvE spec is particularly hard to play.

Now if it's PvP you're talking about, well that makes the statement even more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    It's fair to say that the ret rotation is probably a little more forgiving now than in cata, largely because pretty much everything at least generates HoPo, but I think it's clear that a statement like above is just provocative hyperbole. No PvE spec is particularly hard to play.

Now if it's PvP you're talking about, well that makes the statement even more ridiculous.
    What...as if ret was EVER difficult, actually no, in TBC it was pretty hard, ever since wotlk patch, it's been the very definition of FACEROLL. Jeez, rogues have always maintained one of the highest skillcaps in the game, still do, just really underpowered damage this expansion..

There's already a 5 page thread on this in the rogue forum:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ns-than-Rogues

Main point being - GC was replying to something and it's been taken out of context. Don't let that stop a long silly flame laden thread from spawning though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Ret skillcap is like 0 and well the rogue skillcap....
    Isn't really that much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That site is not exactly very accurate.
    Yeah, a sample size of 3.8 million is much too low to form a reasonably accurate statistic.

Oh wait, it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirun View Post
    They both are equally crap.
    I do love the fact that the Blue's acknowledge the fact that both classes have issue's. It shows they are atleast aware and willing to look into how to fix them.
    Also, they are already deep into planning/working on 5.2. So I am hopefull they are going to buff those 2 classes.
    The fact that one spec of a hybrid is being compared to a whole classes representation is far more important than the fact that they both suck. Adding on top of that the fact that Windwalkers are relatively new while rogues have been around since Vanilla and thus should have inherently higher representation early on in an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    So what exactly is this point of announcing this in a blue post? There are more everything than rogues.
    It is saying that there is more of ONE SPEC OF ONE CLASS than a WHOLE CLASS.

Inb4 "QQ GC hates rets".

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Isn't really that much higher.

Yeah, a sample size of 3.8 million is much too low to form a reasonably accurate statistic.

Oh wait, it isn't.
    The rogue skill cap since the inception of this game has been one of the highest in literally every single patch including all of vanilla and 4.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Warcraft Census Showing all realms and races.

Here is where you can separate fact from fiction and hyperbole.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. DWARVES are the most played Faction race?!? (ignoring Panda cross-faction total)

Wow, I'm proud of you guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    How? Rogues have taken everything away.

Ferals have stealh, since Cata hunters have stealh. Ferals have more specs of all types, hunters also have pets for easy kiting and traps.
    Death knights are a melee class using something similar to poisons, but they wear plate armor, which makes them better.
    Monks are a melee class taking away what was left from rogues, the martial style fighting, except rogues did it with daggers instead of hands alone.

Rogues have gotten little to no new stuff since BC, while all other classes got reinvented, rogues did not.
    Rogues had their abilities taken away while other classes got new ones.
    All rogue specs are very similar now since some core abilities of each spec was removed and put so everyone can take it.

Giving rogues a legendary didn't work, it increased the population for a bit and then the end, it was just a bubble that went away as soon as the daggers were useless.

Rogue is still fun to play but like this guy said they have been basically the same since tbc.

My main is a Paladin and i love retribution was one of the very few good that raided in TBC and could top meters, Brutalus pulling 2.1k dps not bad when lock were doing 2.4k ^^

Retribution has changed with every expansion by allot, rogues not really. But i have to say something Multilate with Shadowstep <3 thank you

I always found that site, hmm, weird.

Dwarves is the most played race, really?

Plus it's been told for years paladins are the most played class in this game, this site says it's the least played class after druids!

That site is not correct. Dwarf is one of the least played races and paladin is one of the most played (during cata it was probably the most played) classes.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Much more accurate although still not 'official'.

http://wow.realmpop.com/