1. #1

    [HOW-TO] Amber Shaper Construct

    For those of you that are still struggling or th at might be a little confused, i released a video a few weeks ago of how I do the construct.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MMFlx3bo0Y

    Leave any questions below!

  2. #2
    I made this for my raid:

  3. #3
    Fun begins on heroic, when you try to keep stacks on boss through all phase 2.
    Reshape-->restack boss,interrupt yourself. When CD on Amber Strike finishes, check timer for monstrosity explosion. Wait for it to run to 6-8 secs,use Amber Strike on BOSS, go to monstrosity, drink pool on the way. Wait for Monstrosity cast,interrupt with Amber Strike, interrupt yourself, eat pool and switch back to boss, refresh stacks on boss.
    Sounds easy, but it is quite a few things to watch for.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    Fun begins on heroic, when you try to keep stacks on boss through all phase 2.
    Reshape-->restack boss,interrupt yourself. When CD on Amber Strike finishes, check timer for monstrosity explosion. Wait for it to run to 6-8 secs,use Amber Strike on BOSS, go to monstrosity, drink pool on the way. Wait for Monstrosity cast,interrupt with Amber Strike, interrupt yourself, eat pool and switch back to boss, refresh stacks on boss.
    Sounds easy, but it is quite a few things to watch for.
    well you can have 2 abos on HC ^^

    1 buffing the boss keeping stats up

    1 normal transfo kicking abo and leaving then ^^

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    well you can have 2 abos on HC ^^

    1 buffing the boss keeping stats up

    1 normal transfo kicking abo and leaving then ^^
    Yeah,except for the first person Reshaped in P2, he needs to do both refreshing stacks,and interrupting boss if you want to keep stacks from P1,after that it is much easier, but we were not able to make it past this first Reshape very often sadly. Also, seemed like there just wasnt enough pools for both abominations to not run out of energy.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    well you can have 2 abos on HC ^^

    1 buffing the boss keeping stats up

    1 normal transfo kicking abo and leaving then ^^
    We tried doing that on 10m Heroic.
    I drank every pool but two and still ran out of Willpower before the Monstrosity died.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    We tried doing that on 10m Heroic.
    I drank every pool but two and still ran out of Willpower before the Monstrosity died.
    Yeah, there is quite a difference in that fight between 10m and 25m.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Yeah, there is quite a difference in that fight between 10m and 25m.
    Well, any tips for 10m Heroic?
    Killed Vizier rather "easily" but we seem to be unable to kill Amber Shaper for whatever reason.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Well, any tips for 10m Heroic?
    Killed Vizier rather "easily" but we seem to be unable to kill Amber Shaper for whatever reason.
    Not yet, unfortunately.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Well, any tips for 10m Heroic?
    Killed Vizier rather "easily" but we seem to be unable to kill Amber Shaper for whatever reason.
    -leave 7 pools up from p1 to p2.
    -push to p2 right as whatever tank you want controlling the abom gets transformed
    -alternate stacks on the boss and monstrosity in p2
    -the other people that get transformed in p2 get the interrupt, don't drink any pools and get broken out
    -if you dont drop stacks on either the boss or monstrosity you will get out of that phase around the time the 4th person gets transformed which happens to coincide with the 4th amber explosion
    the only other thing you have to worry about is the monstrosity running over and smacking people when your remaining tank gets flung. use cds. our rogue is usually the one who gets aggro and evasions one, combat readiness the 2nd, symbiosis growl the 3rd, cloak + glyph + hand of sac the 4th, repeat. occasionally our hunter, mage or lock will get aggro and all those classes have sufficient cool downs to deal with 2-3 melee swings also

  11. #11
    way to hijack my thread guys!

  12. #12
    I made big fat weakauras for my raid that throws a 1 in your face if the big guy is casting his explosion and a 2 in your face if you are exploding.

  13. #13
    hey evac, what are you using for your boss timers? I use DBM and I can't find anywhere to make it differentiate between the 2 timers as clearly as yours do: "BOSS" and "YOU". This would help us out a lot, especially since we have had a pretty small sample of people actually get experience with the constructs on our kill.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar View Post
    -leave 7 pools up from p1 to p2.
    -push to p2 right as whatever tank you want controlling the abom gets transformed
    -alternate stacks on the boss and monstrosity in p2
    -the other people that get transformed in p2 get the interrupt, don't drink any pools and get broken out
    -if you dont drop stacks on either the boss or monstrosity you will get out of that phase around the time the 4th person gets transformed which happens to coincide with the 4th amber explosion
    the only other thing you have to worry about is the monstrosity running over and smacking people when your remaining tank gets flung. use cds. our rogue is usually the one who gets aggro and evasions one, combat readiness the 2nd, symbiosis growl the 3rd, cloak + glyph + hand of sac the 4th, repeat. occasionally our hunter, mage or lock will get aggro and all those classes have sufficient cool downs to deal with 2-3 melee swings also
    This is essentially what we did after trying 5+ different strats. It's the best by far assuming you can either bring in a third tank or have someone who can reliably tank during Fling. This was my job as a rogue. Cloak any healing debuffs, Feint+Elusiveness every time, Sym Growl first, Ironbark+Combat Readiness second, Evasion third, Prep Evasion fourth, Pain Suppression fifth, whatever is up for sixth (we didn't get a sixth). If I got reshaped at any point, everyone else did everything they could to survive (mostly kite for a bit then reset threat).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •