Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How good is our 4pc tier set bonus? (Resto shaman)

I'm currently in some sort of a dilemma. I've just got the head token from sha in terrace and I'm currently wearing 3 pieces of my tier set. If I replace my current 489 head for the 483 lfr tier head to complete my tier 4pc bonus I lose: -62 int, -86 spirit, -93 stamina and -32 mastery. So my question is, do you guys think it's worth it dropping these stats for my 4pc bonus or not?

Thanks.

It all depends on if your using the riptide glyph. If you use it frequently than the bonus to tidal waves is useless(since it's always up based on using riptide so frequently). If you don't, the 4 pc basically guarantees you can keep tidal waves up for all casts(as long as you are riptiding after the 3rd hard cast).

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    It all depends on if your using the riptide glyph. If you use it frequently than the bonus to tidal waves is useless(since it's always up based on using riptide so frequently). If you don't, the 4 pc basically guarantees you can keep tidal waves up for all casts(as long as you are riptiding after the 3rd hard cast).
    You've been inattentive for a while, huh? The 4pc doesn't give tidal waves 3 charges anymore.

I stand corrected, I had not noticed the update. My bad.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I would probably go with the set bonus, an additional 5% cast time reduction. Worth it if you use the Tidal Waves buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I would probably go with the set bonus, an additional 5% cast time reduction. Worth it if you use the Tidal Waves buff.
    IF you use the tidal waves buff? What resto shaman wouldn't use that?

5% haste and crit to the spells tidal waves buffs who would not want that

I'm currently not using the 4 piece in favor of betterr (imo) itemized offset pieces. I feel like the bonuses to TW are underwhelming and not necessary.

our 4 set is garbage and dont replace normal peces with lfr newer in t 14

Why did it get changed? was there an explanation?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Why did it get changed? was there an explanation?
    I would say that it was because there was a lot of feedback saying that with the glyph of riptide it was useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    I would say that it was because there was a lot of feedback saying that with the glyph of riptide it was useless.
    yeah but luckily the 4pc got changed.

i would go with the 4pc since it takes a lot of stats to get 5% more crit/faster casttime.

Deleted
    The 4 set itself isn't great at all, but considering the itemisation on the items is pretty decent (besides shoulders, legs shouldn't be used over Gara'jal legs), it's still decent to pick up, if not as a set but as individual pieces if they are an upgrade.

I'm only getting them as they're BiS stats wise, if there was better off pieces, I wouldn't sweat about not picking up the set bonus. I definitely wouldn't trade normal/heroic off pieces for LFR/normal set pieces respectively either.

15+ Year Old Account
    5 % haste or crit is more than 2000 stats.
    Of course it applies to a restricted set of spells but haste also applies partialy to all spells (haste caps on many spells).

I don't see a fight where we don't use directs spells.

Rshaman are good at tank healing.

The 4p bonus looks very good (we have had better in the past of course).

Pretty simple, it's excellent on fights where you use single target heals alot, not so great on those you don't. Since the itemization of every piece is not terrible I'll probably just be using it on every single fight when I have heroic 4pc or close to it. The 5.1 change was definitely a big step up in general, although there are a few fights where I'll miss the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    The 4 set itself isn't great at all, but considering the itemisation on the items is pretty decent (besides shoulders, legs shouldn't be used over Gara'jal legs), it's still decent to pick up, if not as a set but as individual pieces if they are an upgrade.

I'm only getting them as they're BiS stats wise, if there was better off pieces, I wouldn't sweat about not picking up the set bonus. I definitely wouldn't trade normal/heroic off pieces for LFR/normal set pieces respectively either.
    I agree. If you have normal or better off set pieces at the moment, I would not replace it with LFR tier for the set bonus. While it does serve it's purpose if you are a tank healer, for example, I personally would rather have more mana and lasting power than going for a haste/crit buff and less stats which could see me ooming faster on progression. If I get normal or heroic tier, sure. But if you have better off-set pieces, I don't think I'd go for the 4pc set bonus with LFR gear when I have better off set pieces in my bags..

Having tested with 2 pieces of lfr tier giving me a 4 pc set bonus and swapping out normal off set pieces for the lfr pieces since 5.1, I ended up going back to my off set pieces with a 2 piece set bonus with the legs and gloves. The loss of those stats (int and spirit) was painful in the longer fights. That's just my personal take on this and I am sure some people prefer the 4pc even if it is LFR over their normal off set.. To each their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madelein View Post
    Having tested with 2 pieces of lfr tier giving me a 4 pc set bonus and swapping out normal off set pieces for the lfr pieces since 5.1, I ended up going back to my off set pieces with a 2 piece set bonus with the legs and gloves. The loss of those stats (int and spirit) was painful in the longer fights. That's just my personal take on this and I am sure some people prefer the 4pc even if it is LFR over their normal off set.. To each their own.
    How much intellect and spirit did you lost?

Quote Originally Posted by pouca View Post
    5 % haste or crit is more than 2000 stats.
    Of course it applies to a restricted set of spells but haste also applies partialy to all spells (haste caps on many spells).

I don't see a fight where we don't use directs spells.

Rshaman are good at tank healing.

The 4p bonus looks very good (we have had better in the past of course).
    Its not 5% haste, its 5% reduced cast time on healing wave and greater healing wave. BIG difference

Deleted
    On some fights the fourth set bonus will be great if not be op though. Tsulong day phase for example. You automatically put Earth Shield on him, five seconds before he casts put Riptide and UE on him and then spam Healing Surge nonstop till your buff ends, I think the extra crit will be great. That is if it procs at those times, which should.

Atm I'm not going for the set bonus, untill I get the heroic tokens as heroic is what matters, normal is easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    Its not 5% haste, its 5% reduced cast time on healing wave and greater healing wave. BIG difference
    Big difference in the spelling same effect.
    By your logic 5 % reduced cast time is how much haste ?