Deleted

Highest DPS spec at the moment?

Single target.

Tired of playing Elemental Shaman, have to work so hard to even be competetive. Gets worse and worse, scaling is horrible at the moment. Being topped by equally geared, lesser skilled players sucks. I want to play something GOOD - hell, even overpowered. And preferably something that will stay good (guessing this is only guaranteed for pures).
    How is Hunter looking after the buffs, and Mage after the nerfs? How are Warlocks without multidotting?

Raidbots seems pretty inconclusive. Does seem like BM, Aff, Fire, Frost DK and Fury are the ones competing for the top spots though.

(I don't care for "play what you enjoy the most"-responses. I enjoy high DPS).

Input?
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2012-12-06 at 05:59 PM.

Affliction Warlocks, Frost DKs, Fury Warriors.

I think Mages got hit with the nerf stick recently since Fire kinda sucks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 for honesty.

The 'buffs' have done little for hunter. If you're looking for Top or OP, do not look there.

Arcane mage is up there imo, it's even doing well on movement fights. Arcane is a good spec, just took 3 months before anyone good played it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    The 'buffs' have done little for hunter. If you're looking for Top or OP, do not look there.
    Not going to pretend I know stuff about a class that I don't play, but I really don't see how a straight 5% AP buff and 100% extra damage on a spell that (from what I have seen from various logs) did 4-6% of total damage pre-buff have "done little" in terms of DPS. As I understand it, Hunters were in a fairly reasonable spot even before these changes.

I've heard someone say that Frost DK's were bugged and that's why they were doing so well at the moment. I don't play a DK so I don't know if that's true, but in general they usually rate pretty high. I would say that mages and hunters are always a safe bet. I've been playing since vanilla and I would say those two have been amongst the top DPSing classes more than any other class. Also, it seems 9 times out of 10, raids pander more to ranged DPS than melee. As for locks, in my experience they seem to rollercoster between being awesome and being nerfed into irrelevance.

I know mages are very competitive right now (particularly arcane and fire even after the "nerfs"), but DKs are consistently topping charts in my personal experience as both frost (#1) and UH (#2) in T14.

Signed,
    A Sad Ret Paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindican View Post
    I know mages are very competitive right now (particularly arcane and fire even after the "nerfs"), but DKs are consistently topping charts in my personal experience as both frost (#1) and UH (#2) in T14.

Signed,
    A Sad Ret Paladin.
    Aw dude, Ret Paladins are - afaik - in a good place atm. Especially with the 4-piece. It's sick. Don't worry!

15+ Year Old Account
    Affliction locks are likely going to be at or near the top of this expansion since they brought back sacrifice demon and it's 50% single target buff.

Throw in raid buffs and consumables, I just don't see how they're going to get knocked off the top 3 spot for the duration of MOP barring changes to spec.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps

Dps rankings from first to last.
    Frost is #1, Elemental is #19.

~Have fun~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swashbuckler47 View Post

~Have fun~
    Because SimCraft is accurate - thanks for the input though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swashbuckler47 View Post

~Have fun~
    this list is very far away from reality.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.

If you want to see what happens in the real world in real encounters you need to check out sources like raidbot. Even then it's hard to extract the actual truth since usually you have to choose between small sample sizes where people had lucky RNG or were enabled to do extraordinary dps by their raid (top 100 performances for each encounter) or seeing all parses.

these are the top100 performances in 10 man normal modes over the last month http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/

10+ Year Old Account
    Our charts are topped by our affliction warlock, fire mage, and myself assassination rogue.

There are way too many variables to take into consideration... Raid Size ? 10/25? Composition? Quality of a player that you are, Quality of players in your guild, encounter specific, gear levels, etc etc.

Simcraft is fairly accurate afaik

Edit: The reason why people don't think Simcraft is accurate is because it assumes 100% equal gear, near perfect play which means 100% equal skill levels. In a real setting, that is so far from the case.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Fury warrior dps is low in LFR, and ramps up as you get into heroic level raids. There is a hit/expertise wall that once you hop over you get exponentially better. The kicker is that hit and expertise practically do the same thing and should be one stat, its just absorbing other potential stats.

Go frost DK. Most fun, Highest dps.

Thank me later.

PS: Fuck simcraft, http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/ is a much better average of top dps atm.
    Last edited by staticflare; 2012-12-06 at 08:02 PM.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

I honestly didn't think Shadow is now "quite low ranked".. Oh well, I'm glad I play Healer, I'm not DPS type person.