1. #1

    Question A few questions about Glyphs for Retribution in PvE.

    I got a few questions about some paladin glyphs as a Retri PvE spec:

    1. http://www.wowhead.com/item=43869 - Increases the instant damage done by Seal of Truth by 30%, but decreases the damage done by Censure by 50%.

    When does the above glyph become useful/beneficial, when compared to the default Seal of Truth?

    2. http://www.wowhead.com/item=45747 - Reduces the damage bonus of Inquisition by 15% but increases its duration by 100%.

    Is this glyph ever useful, considering that we have to waste less Holy Power to keep Inquisition up compared to the non-glyphed version, or is it always just a straight dps loss?

    3. http://www.wowhead.com/item=83107 - Reduces the range of Exorcism to melee range, but causes 25% damage to all enemies within 8 yards of the primary target.

    Does this mean that a part of Exorcism's damage is shared among all enemies within 8 yards, or is that an extra added amount of damage (on top of the default single target Exorcism)?


    4. http://www.wowhead.com/item=41105 - Increases your damage by 3% per Holy Power spent after you cast Word of Glory or Eternal Flame on a friendly target. Lasts 6 sec.

    Is this at all useful for Retri in PvE, or is it not worth the spent Holy Power?


    Thank you for reading and helping out

  2. #2
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,364
    1. Never. It's a damage loss in any situation where Censure is allowed to tick.

    2. Unless you absolutely cannot keep Inquisition up normally, it's never worth using.

    3. Exorcism's single-target damage doesn't change. It just adds extra AoE on top of the normal hit, but reduces the range you can use it at.

    4. It's only useful if you cast WoG a lot, and you shouldn't be doing that often enough in PvE to make the glyph worth using.

  3. #3
    @Rivin
    Thank you for answering so quickly

    If anyone has a different opinion or just some advice, feel free to post ^^

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Number 4 is only useful if you're below level 80, or if you spent a lot of time away from the boss (air phase, bad AoE, etc - which I believe is none in current tier). WoG hits nearly as hard as TV, but with the mastery component, TV is always better than WoG. When you're below 80 though, there's no mastery, so WoG and TV are about the same.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  5. #5
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Number 4 is only useful if you're below level 80, or if you spent a lot of time away from the boss (air phase, bad AoE, etc - which I believe is none in current tier). WoG hits nearly as hard as TV, but with the mastery component, TV is always better than WoG. When you're below 80 though, there's no mastery, so WoG and TV are about the same.
    Glyph of Word of Glory doesn't interact with Harsh Words anymore, so that's not even relevant to it now. :P

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Glyph of Word of Glory doesn't interact with Harsh Words anymore, so that's not even relevant to it now. :P
    Even without the 9% (I forgot which is which, sue me ), the ranged attack is still ranged and still hits about as much as TV below 80.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  7. #7
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Even without the 9% (I forgot which is which, sue me ), the ranged attack is still ranged and still hits about as much as TV below 80.
    Yeah, but the OP didn't ask about Harsh Words. :P

  8. #8
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Yeah, but the OP didn't ask about Harsh Words. :P
    Oh wow. I kept thinking the question was about Harsh Word. I feel stupid now and shall not derail thread further.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •