Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sorry yes just verified it doesn't work anymore, I am 100% sure it still worked on wednesday (EU). So it was stealth hotfixed last night.

Anyway the Sporebat is still one of those pets you must be able to pop if you lack that buff because people assume they have 5% caster haste in raid. That's how they're forged/gemmed/enchanted.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Lolalola just stated, it was ninja fixed over night, the sporebat was definitely allowing an additional 5% raid spell haste on top of mind quickening. Allowed mages and locks to reach some pretty ridiculous haste plateaus

Tallstrider for AoE and Spirit Beast for the heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    Tallstrider for AoE and Spirit Beast for the heal.
    I'd only say to use a spirit beast if you are on gara'jal and your group doesn't need any buffs/debuffs or if your group requires the mastery buff. The heal is nice but your pet loses focus from using it so it's not all that useful except in certain cases like gara'jal. A tallstrider would probably be the best if you have all buffs/debuffs except on gara'jal.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    so the spore bat thing was changed? cause I could have sworn it was a boss caster debuff, not a haste buff... but I'd think the addition brezz from quillen would more important than more healz.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    so the spore bat thing was changed? cause I could have sworn it was a boss caster debuff, not a haste buff... but I'd think the addition brezz from quillen would more important than more healz.
    It put a cast time slow on targets within the spore cloud in addition to the spell haste.

Sporebat is the best pet.

(and seriously, its just which ever buff/debuff your raid needs - if raid has them all covered, it don't matter, choose what you like.)

I prefer my worm for aoe fights, spirit beast for healing intensive fights, monkey with fez for whatevers.

Worm AOE > chimera.

My stable is usually

Worm
    Spirit Beast
    Quillen
    Filler
    Filler

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    The best pet is the pet your raid will need:

Personally, I will switch to SV for certain fights because of that. I keep a spore bat (spell haste), a hyena (attk spd), Quilen (crit and battle rez), cat (mastery), and a worm for burrow attack in my current stable.
    you can still brez with a quilen? last time I tried to, it wouldn't let me , said rezzing in combat wasn't allowed.

Sporebat is deffo something you wanna stack with as of now since it gives and extra 5% haste that stacks with boomkin/sp aura..

besides that a tallstrider is a very underated pet since it offers the only way to get AoE sunders (thats 12% armor penetration for AoE for everyone) which in my book is huuuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    Sporebat is deffo something you wanna stack with as of now since it gives and extra 5% haste that stacks with boomkin/sp aura..

besides that a tallstrider is a very underated pet since it offers the only way to get AoE sunders (thats 12% armor penetration for AoE for everyone) which in my book is huuuge.
    The sporebat haste buff doesn't stack anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sporebat of course (see video above).

Bring the pet that supplies a missing raid buff if there is one. Be willing to switch specs based on fight needs if you can play both specs at a high level.

Raid > You.
    This.

Pets are basically old shammy totems now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovechile View Post
    you can still brez with a quilen? last time I tried to, it wouldn't let me , said rezzing in combat wasn't allowed.
    There's a limit on how many battle rezzes can be used per fight. 1 per fight in 10-man, 3 per fight in 25-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my kitties.

I need to abandon a pet to get another pet (old tallstrider made way for my moth). Looks like Skoll or Krakin (firelands crab) is getting the boot

Quote Originally Posted by Lovechile View Post
    You can. It just doesn't work in arena. Also keep in mind that your pet has to be by the individual in order for it to work.

Sometimes the best pet isn't totally obvious. Your raid may have a Sunder Armor from a feral druid or Warrior, but if there are adds you have to switch to you're going to benefit from picking up a Raptor.

Same with most of the debuffs (physical damage from a Ravager, or even spell damage if you like your casters).

The problem is the relatively long CD of pet abilities vs. the abilities you mentioned (Sunder/faerie fire). The warrior/druid is always going to have higher uptime, even on switched-to adds, because they have 0 CD and a small resource cost to cast these abilities. Same with CoE from warlocks, same with physical damage from DKs. That's why I far prefer buff pets to debuff pets.

I remember on H-spine progression, I had to turn autocast off on my wind serpent's lightning breath, because we were popping plates while it was still on CD and we had no lock in for that fight on progression. So the amalgamation we were blowing up would lose lightning breath as it was nearing death, just so we could have it up on the tendon burst. It was a messy situation, but in that very specific case, it was more important to do it that way than waste a GCD from a lock (had we had one in) or make our rogue go assassination instead of sub for that fight (LoL, mut spec on tendons).

That video on the first page had me giggling. Sporebat is best pet, you can't deny.
    Hi Sephurik

Sporebat, of course......

Which ever one has the least amount of annoying animation and noise.