Back to the Classics.

Okay, the server is down or internet connection is lost and now what? Ever had the game itch of just dusting off that old NeS and playing some straightforward mechanics on a simple two button control?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still love to play, replay, and rerereplay Chrono Trigger.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    Okay, the server is down or internet connection is lost and now what? Ever had the game itch of just dusting off that old NeS and playing some straightforward mechanics on a simple two button control?
    I have my 2600 hooked up just because I love PacMan. Plus, something to be said about the old controller with the big orange button lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Final Fantasy 8 or 9 on my PS3

Although you didn't specifically say you'd be forced to choose an old game so under those 'lack of net' circumstances i'd probably go on Forza Horizon single player or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I have my 2600 hooked up just because I love PacMan. Plus, something to be said about the old controller with the big orange button lol
    Nice, I don't have that system but I'm sure I'll keep my eye out for one now.

I bought the Sega Classics packs on a Black Friday deal.

Currently replaying Phantasy Star 2. Plan to play PS4 and the Shining Force games.

Asteroids, centipede, and defender

never did quite get into Pong though.

Suikoden II, Final Fantasy 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, Civilization 4.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Used to have a 4-player TMNT 2 arcade cabinet. That was the go-to for my friends and I for a long time. Now that I'm in a smaller place, it's always Mega Man 2, and I can always do it faster than last time.

Sonic adventure 1 and 2 i still play ocasionally. I go back and play sonic the hedghog 2 as well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country, or Yoshi's Island. Still have our SNES. Maybe some N64 games.

I lack a TV or an old system, I keep thinking about picking SNES or later system up since I never had one

I still play SNES games all the time. I usually play Yoshi's Island and/or Super Mario World yearly, along with some others. I don't have my SNES anymore, but I have all my favourites on other consoles. I don't find NES games as enjoyable, but I play Mario 1 and 3 occasionally.

My N64 is my oldest working console, but I rarely bother hooking it up when I can just use my Wii.

I keep my NES hooked up for the Mega Man games, Solstice, Castlevania 2 and Metroid (and a few others, but these are the key games that I still like to play from time to time). I also keep my Genesis hooked up for Shining Force 1 & 2 and Cool Spot, Turbo Duo for Gate of Thunder, Bomberman 93 and Dracula X, and SNES for Chrono Trigger, Ogre Battle and Super Metroid. Not sure if I'd call 3DO 'classic', but Star Control 2, Flashback and Space Hulk are still played. This, of course, doesn't even scratch the surface of older PC games that I still play, some on a very regular basis.

So, yes, I know that itch. I know it well.

My Wii is set up to emulate NES and SNES games, so I have quite the variety of old games to go to. Then again, I am a console gamer, so I don't mind too much if the internet decides to take a shit for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sonic series, for Sega Genesis. Two buttons is too much.

It may not be a console game, but Baldur's Gate! And the new Enhanced Edition makes it even better!