Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    $200 is an awful lot of money to pay to "correct" a problem that Blizzard allowed to fester because they valued transfer and faction change cash over other priorities like maintaining a better game environment.
    $200 is an adequate amount to pay for your own choices though. PvP Realms are like doing 75 in a 55 MPH zone. You chose to do that 75 MPH and now you're getting a ticket for it. Could've played it safe and done 55 MPH (PvE Realm) but that was your decision. Time to make for your own decisions.

    Really, how do you blame a company, that supplied you a game, for mistakes you made in-game?

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    That's where I stopped reading because of the ignorance of your post. Blizzard didn't do anything intentional to make server fall into the low population zone. That's the players fault. If you pick a med. pop realm and one day there's no one left, that's your fault not Blizzards. Just like it's not Blizzards fault you thought a PvP server would be fun only to realize you wanted to go PvE.



    That takes out the ability to help a friend in a CRZ. Sure it would've been interesting but that'd require a lot more instancing of zones etc. And it's perfectly justifiable. YOU picked that realm, time to deal with the consequences. This isn't a new thing, this has been going on since the days of Vanilla. If you can't figure it out in the course of 8 years then it's time to quit the game. "It's a pvp realm" so you get what you chose.
    Vanilla didn't have people flying around the world with unbelievably fast flying mounts, Vanilla didn't have CRZ which ensures that every zone has at least 1 ganker in it at all times, Vanilla didn't have level differences where the highest level was a 90, vanilla didnt have health differences of over 300k. Ive played on a PvP server my whole wow career...It has never been as painful to level for me as it has been lately

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    $200 is an adequate amount to pay for your own choices though. PvP Realms are like doing 75 in a 55 MPH zone. You chose to do that 75 MPH and now you're getting a ticket for it. Could've played it safe and done 55 MPH (PvE Realm) but that was your decision. Time to make for your own decisions.

    Really, how do you blame a company, that supplied you a game, for mistakes you made in-game?
    Again with all the changes to the game...not really like that
    It's like the highway was 55....and I was doing 55 no problem...now they changed the highway to 45...but I don't want to slow down
    and to bring the analogy even farther
    there is a different highway that is 55 (PvE server) but to get over there you have to turn around and start back at your starting location....level 1
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-12-07 at 08:48 PM.

  3. #203
    High Overlord Crimsonfiend76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    193
    i can live with the risk of constant and at times inconvenient pvp being that i decided to roll on a pvp server, but id like to bring up the idea of gear normalization in cases where a lower level player isnt considered an automatic kill and has a fighting chance as long as they are willing to participate.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    $200 is an adequate amount to pay for your own choices though. PvP Realms are like doing 75 in a 55 MPH zone. You chose to do that 75 MPH and now you're getting a ticket for it. Could've played it safe and done 55 MPH (PvE Realm) but that was your decision. Time to make for your own decisions.

    Really, how do you blame a company, that supplied you a game, for mistakes you made in-game?
    Don't be ignorant. When I started, the PVP experience was very different. Over the course of 3 expansions, the server went from relatively even to over 90% from one side. The mistake was allowing server transfers and faction changes without any checks and balances. So I stopped paying. The rest is on Blizzard.

  5. #205
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    That's where I stopped reading because of the ignorance of your post. Blizzard didn't do anything intentional to make server fall into the low population zone. That's the players fault. If you pick a med. pop realm and one day there's no one left, that's your fault not Blizzards. Just like it's not Blizzards fault you thought a PvP server would be fun only to realize you wanted to go PvE.
    You probably should have kept reading because you chose to completely twist my words instead of attempting to actually comprehend what I was saying.

    Blizzard very simply opened too many servers during the population boom, not anticipating what a fall in subscribers would do to many of those servers. They created those servers and then they let the populations on them continue to fall instead of doing something about it earlier...they outright refuse to ever merge or close servers because as the argument others have stated goes, it'd be bad business because it would inevitably lead to people claiming that the game was dying.

    So yes, Blizzard is at fault for letting those servers fall into the low population zone in the first place, intentional or not, directly or indirectly. They've known for a very long time that there are extremely high pop servers where players have high queue times, and then there are such extremely low pop servers that pretty much nothing will ever save them because instead of people joining them, people are leaving them because there's no one on them to begin with.

    In my opinion (notice how I point out it's an opinion), CRZ just looks like they put a bandaid where stitches were needed.

  6. #206
    That's fine and all, but I wonder how many new players quit because they were camped so much they couldn't even level...

  7. #207
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    That's fine and all, but I wonder how many new players quit because they were camped so much they couldn't even level...
    not to sound bad or anything but

    inb4 then they shouldn't have rolled a pvp server

  8. #208
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    Ganking isnt pvp. Should instantly downgrade you to the appropriate level whenever you enter a low level zone.

  9. #209
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Ganking isnt pvp. Should instantly downgrade you to the appropriate level whenever you enter a low level zone.
    would be nice unfortunatly that would lead to the gankers qqing that the cant gank anymore or beat some1 their own level....

  10. #210
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,357
    I'm of two minds on this issue.

    While I agree with Daxxari, in that it is to be expected on PvP realms - I also have to shake my head at the type of people who think it's a fun pastime.

  11. #211
    World PvP is a dead, old concept anyway. When was the last time you ever got into a fair fight in the open world? I sure as hell can't remember.

    PvP servers used to be great when there was actual world PvP, but now if you play on one it's mostly just frustrating. There's a reason I play on a PvE server now.

  12. #212
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Ganking isnt pvp. Should instantly downgrade you to the appropriate level whenever you enter a low level zone.
    PvP is defined as player versus player. Player A attacking or being attacked byPlayer B, that is PvP. I'm not sure how ganking falls outside of the definition of PvP. Please elaborate.

  13. #213
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I'm of two minds on this issue.

    While I agree with Daxxari, in that it is to be expected on PvP realms - I also have to shake my head at the type of people who think it's a fun pastime.

    sadly the ppl that find ganking a fun past time are those that suck at bg's/rbg/arena or those that are just bored,

    im usually bored waiting to do lfr but i don't spend that time ganking horde
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-07 at 09:22 PM.

  14. #214
    Brewmaster Salech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,337
    There's a lot of blue asslicking here, and some even say that "WAR" is back in world of warcraft, yeah if you by WAR mean taking your 90 with a flying mount to kill a level 25 on his measly first mount then sure WAR is going on, it's like saying soldiers with guns killing defenseless people is WAR.

    There's little to no "real" world PvP, also stop being a dick in game just to boost your very low selfesteem.

    Do some real PvP like a real man instead, oh wait i forgot, then you would lose and you can't have that taint your selfesteem.

  15. #215
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    PvP is defined as player versus player. Player A attacking or being attacked byPlayer B, that is PvP. I'm not sure how ganking falls outside of the definition of PvP. Please elaborate.
    I dont give a fuck what the dictionary definition is, when player B does absolutely no playing because he is getting 1 shotted, then IN MY OPINION i dont consider that PVP. I just find the whole thing very sad, who has so much free time that they enjoy 1 shotting low level players. Oh well, more reason for people to only stand in cities spamming dungeon finder, good job blizzard.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    $200 is an adequate amount to pay for your own choices though. PvP Realms are like doing 75 in a 55 MPH zone. You chose to do that 75 MPH and now you're getting a ticket for it. Could've played it safe and done 55 MPH (PvE Realm) but that was your decision. Time to make for your own decisions.

    Really, how do you blame a company, that supplied you a game, for mistakes you made in-game?
    Oh please. When people started to play on these realms they were completly fine most of the time. Then Blizzard introduced some features whom they promised would be kept under close surveillance who completly and utterly destroyed the population ratios of a great many servers. And your solution to this problem is to use those exact services and pay a hell of a lot of money so you can actually play again.

    It's like the government suddenly digging holes in the street you're driving down, putting mines all over the place and charging you an insane ammount of money if the road that was perfectly fine till that moment isn't to your liking anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    PvP is defined as player versus player. Player A attacking or being attacked byPlayer B, that is PvP. I'm not sure how ganking falls outside of the definition of PvP. Please elaborate.
    The problem isn't ganking or attacking someone. It's not Player A vs Player B. It is Player A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,A2,B2,C3 and about a hundred others vs Player Z23 and player A24.

    Would you play Battlefield if there would be 200 people on one and 5 people on the other team? No you wouldn't! Because it simply isn't going to work that way. But somehow according to you people it is when it comes to WoW.
    Last edited by Deleth; 2012-12-07 at 09:32 PM.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    PvP is defined as player versus player. Player A attacking or being attacked byPlayer B, that is PvP. I'm not sure how ganking falls outside of the definition of PvP. Please elaborate.
    They way i read it is player verse player....as in each player is versing. If you are 1 shoting someone there isn't even a verse.
    it's pvNothing lol

    Just out of curiousity...if I walked up to and infant and punched him in the face...would you consider it as me winning a fist fight?
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-12-07 at 09:35 PM.

  18. #218
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    They way i read it is player verse player....as in each player is versing. If you are 1 shoting someone there isn't even a verse.
    it's pvNothing lol

    Just out of curiousity...if I walked up to and infant and punched him in the face...would you consider it as me winning a fist fight?
    rolf thats's the 1st brilliant inaligy ive seen on this subject

  19. #219
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    21,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The problem isn't ganking or attacking someone. It's not Player A vs Player B. It is Player A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,A2,B2,C3 and about a hundred others vs Player Z23 and player A24.

    Would you play Battlefield if there would be 200 people on one and 5 people on the other team? No you wouldn't! Because it simply isn't going to work that way. But somehow according to you people it is when it comes to WoW.
    Battlefield isn't an MMO. It's an instanced PvP environment. It's comparable to battlegrounds, not world PvP.

    World PvP is inherently and deliberately unfair.

    And for that matter, population issues are at heart a player-created problem. The issue is that some players choose to transfer to servers where they'll be on the winning side, and others don't want to face an imbalance so transfer away, so most servers which start to lean one way will hit a break point and slide to a complete state of imbalance. There's no easy way to fix that without forcing people to transfer, which would cause vastly more QQ than this does. Even merging servers doesn't help if we're talking about servers that are already fairly populated; you can't merge two high-pop servers without increasing queue times significantly.

    So again, you're blaming Blizzard for the actions and choices of the community. People seriously need to start taking responsibility for their own choices.

  20. #220
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    Ofcourse they blame blizzard, they are the only ones that can fix things in this game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •