Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    i know i do have to move 11 chars from pvp to a decent pve realm , because blizzard is always screwing a class with the next patch so it's better to have all your classes on the same realm.
    Flavor of the month much? With that attitude you'll have 11 chars all with incredibly shitty gear, and you'll be a hopelessly bad player at all of them. You'll know a lot about different classes and specs, though, but that's about the only positive about it.

I played one single underpowered spec in vanilla, and kept playing it through several expansions and innumerable patches, and only felt screwed over once or twice. Your argument is invalid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Then get your own raid of PvP'ers.
    Rather than moaning about and blaming Blizzard do something yourself. People seem to forget that this is a social game full of lots of people, there is no reason why you can't find a group of people to get some payback.

As an example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QsLsWC2zfo
    Yes love or loathe the video or Baj, what he did and what the Horde did are what should happen when something happens that you're unhappy with. When PvP doesn't go your way you find a way to make PvP go your way, not moan about on a forum.
    This might be feasible if the server is somewhat balanced. Guess what? Mine isn't. As Horde there isn't any point in getting a group together as there is no Alliance to fight, none whatsoever. You have to actively hunt them down and camp the positions where they MIGHT show up like you have to do with a rare NPC.

As for the Alliance alt, not going to happen. Simply because there's nobody to team up with. The Alliance side is completly and absolutely dead. There are about two to three guilds who are able to get an 10 people pve raid together. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    CRZ is game-wide, and exists for Pandaria zones as much as any other. The difference is that it's only triggered based on the number of players in the zone. And Pandaria is busy enough that for the most part, it's not triggering the CRZ.
    And more proof that nothing you're writing can be taken seriously. CRZ aren't enabled in Pandaria at this point, they haven't been since release. The only way to get people from other realms to yours is by inviting them into an group. How about you check your facts before running off your mouth as you always do?
    If anything, Blizzard's server transfer system is one of the least-player-friendly in the industry, putting as much pressure on NOT transferring as they reasonably can, by limiting it to single characters, with a hefty fee, and restrictions on the amount of gold that can be transferred. That's why there's a price tag; not because Blizzard is "greedy", but because it means those transferring have to want it badly enough to pay for it, rather than just transferring on a whim.

And seriously, corporations exist to turn a profit. It's not "greed" any more than you sitting down to have dinner is "gluttony". It's an optional service, and the fee reduces the number of people making use of it. Said fee has actually protected your server more than harming it. And the transfer service itself is, again, pretty much an industry standard; if an MMO lacks server transfers, it's a big community complaint these days.
    How many MMO's have an 2 faction system, how many of them offer paid transfers and faction transfers, how many of them aren't putting any kind of effort into evening out the population of realms?

As with everything you stated the things you're writing are either plain wrong or outright lies, maybe a little of both. And no, being a company does not mean you can and should do whatever you want. Otherwise we'd end up with a situation like in China where seawage is used to make cooking oil, pillows are filled with garbage and they use old hair for soy sauce.

But to be honest American capitalism isn't that far away from Chinese capitalism to begin with. But everyone with half a brain should know that "You have two cows. You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows. You are surprised when the cow drops dead. Later you hire an consultant to find out why." isn't a good concept for longevity.
    If your server's no longer any fun, chip in for a transfer. I've changed servers twice. It's only $25, it's not that hard to fit into your budget. It's the kind of budget impact that "going to a movie" has. There's no way for Blizzard to "fix" server populations the way you apparently think they should, since all the "solutions" that have been suggested are worse than the problem they're intended to fix. Disagree? Post what you think would work. I'll point out why it doesn't.
    The funny thing is, nothing of this would've happened if they hadn't introduced paid server and faction transfers in the first place. How can you expect people not be mad at Blizzard and expect them to fix things THEY messed up in the first place? Oh yeah, by being one of the biggest Blizzard fanboys I had the (bad) luck to meet untill now.

I sympathize with the people who are just now leveling in the CRZ-enabled zones. I know it's a pain in the ass especially in maps like Blasted Lands or Hellfire Peninsula where it's total gankfest in most servers.

But the blue did speak correctly. For too long PVP servers felt like PVE servers with just a little ganking here and there. By the time Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm expansions arrived, most of the vanilla and TBC zones became deserted, leaving the levelers and questing people unmolested. I think new players who just joined during this time got used to leveling in peace, and this is why they have a hard time adjusting to the new CRZ PVP.

Vanilla players like me remember that it was hell to level 1-60 in PVP servers because there were no flying mounts, and it was just Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor (no extra continents to disperse the population). If you were a lowbie Horde, it was conventional wisdom to avoid Hillsbrad Foothills. Stranglethorn Vale was acknowledge to be a ganker's paradise back then, and many leveling guides even put pointers to level in Desolace or Arathi. Even if you were level 60, you still had enormous PVP at the Blackrock Mountain entrance, and sometimes guilds fought for hours disrupting their raid night. World bosses were fought tooth and nail by both factions, and you could go an entire day without anyone downing the boss due to all the PVP.

This doesn't mean that players against CRZ don't have a valid complaint. They do, because the experience has vastly changed from what everyone was used to in previous expansions.

Lot of whiny people in this thread looking for reasons to complain and whine. Start looking for solutions. Start looking for things that YOU can do to change your situation and fix whatever it is that's bothering you.

Not trying to be snarky. I'm saying if you do this now and develop a habit of looking for solutions that you yourself can implement somehow, even if it sucks and takes some work, your life will be much better off. Fuck wow, this is important. Do something about any situation that you really dislike, don't just stay in that situation and keep getting beaten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    My opinion?

It might have helped cut down on the people complaining if they had done something like offer optional server transfers before they put CRZ in place.
    Sorry, but why exactly? People aren't stupid, if they roll on a PvP server they know what this means. Isn't there even a massive warning on your first account when you select a PvP realm?

Look, CRZ has its flaws. Mostly the anonimity - like the anonimity in LFR and dungeons let people feel free to ninja, so are CRZ players feeling perfectly comfortable repeatedly farming lowbies. This would have landed them on KoS lists of entire guilds in the past. Now, the chances you ever meet said player again are zero, and even if you do, there's just TOO many of them to keep track of. That is a flaw and in my opinion it damages world pvp. But not so much that it justifies the amount of tears!

It does not mean that people who're getting ganked more often now should be given free passes out of PvP realms. For one, giving free transfers is just going to cause a realm to bleed dry (think of entire guilds moving because there's a better recruitment pool elsewhere.. etc.). No thanks. Also , there's options to transfer, but you can pay just like the rest of us who want to move for whatever reason do. Secondly, stop being a wussy. Getting ganked is an invitation to world pvp. Relog your main, get your guildies, fight back, and ENJOY it. Stop complaining "I just want to level and cba with pvp now - that's NEVER what a PvP realm EVER was, not now, not 2 years ago, not 6 years ago. Since CRZ I've had great world PvP because I'd actually relog my mains. We spent some time in EPL with this horde warrior and his friend, and us on our shaman and warlock just having great fun. Screw that I couldn't level for 2 hours. Oh noes.

Also: Use the global channel. We've had a lot of Allies mobilized to help protect the lowbies in Deepholm at some point. Everyone was willing to help out. We'd hover over the lowbies to protect them against organized horde ganking groups. People WANT to PvP - not everyone's as bitter as you. Ask for help. Generally a /1 There's 90 horde in the east camping us here.. If anyone's up to help! will do miracles. People like myself will rush there, because there's people who love this stuff.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-12-09 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Flavor of the month much? With that attitude you'll have 11 chars all with incredibly shitty gear, and you'll be a hopelessly bad player at all of them. You'll know a lot about different classes and specs, though, but that's about the only positive about it.

I played one single underpowered spec in vanilla, and kept playing it through several expansions and innumerable patches, and only felt screwed over once or twice. Your argument is invalid.
    yes but what does the gear matter if you won't raid or do dungeons anyway because you simply can't due to health issues [focus / concentration problems]
    the only raids dungeons that i do are the ones i can solo so that nobody else is suffering .

My ideas to fix all the issues...

1) Buff all town guards up and make them actually attack the people that are attacking other people. (Area 52 especially, as the whole zones redundnat now as no-one can quest in it)

2) Add actual repurcussions for ganking. a 5 minute "Dishonoured" debuff that prevents you from mounting a flying mount. This way when you kill someone low level, you may have a genuine fight coming for you (you DO like world PVP right?)

3) When you take res sickness you're not PVP flagged for 2 minutes. This should give you more than enough time to get away if you've been corpse camped enough that you feel taking res sickness is the better option. If you don't want to be corpse camped or take res sickness then well, you shouldn't be on a PVP server.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Blizzard hires ganking 12 year olds to be blues?

They should've offered free transfers off PVP realms before they implemented crz(?). Seems pretty much pointless to play a game when people can easily interrupt your gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

1) Buff all town guards up and make them actually attack the people that are attacking other people. (Area 52 especially, as the whole zones redundnat now as no-one can quest in it)

2) Add actual repurcussions for ganking. a 5 minute "Dishonoured" debuff that prevents you from mounting a flying mount. This way when you kill someone low level, you may have a genuine fight coming for you (you DO like world PVP right?)
    3) When you take res sickness you're not PVP flagged for 2 minutes. This should give you more than enough time to get away if you've been corpse camped enough that you feel taking res sickness is the better option. If you don't want to be corpse camped or take res sickness then well, you shouldn't be on a PVP server.
    I love your idea #2 there - I'd say even 10 minutes. But the pussy-type people that gank, will gank and then log off - because not a single ganker is anything more than a little bitch and No they are not looking for world pvp. The people that want world pvp don't have to look far to get it, gankers want to grief and that's all.
    But, kudos to your #2 - i love that direction, wish we could keep the bitches from logging too.

id like to add to this

4) even if you are in combat you are able to use flight paths normally, i hate being ganked by some1 tho when they do stop ganking me for a minuet or 2, i could i get attacked my a nearby mob or it evade bugs i cant get away if they come back
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-09 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post

Or, you could acknowledge the fact that some people don't care as much about getting one class as awesomesauce as possible, and like to play different alts, and that your argument is both invalid and rude.

You could, but you won't.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Sorry, but why exactly? People aren't stupid, if they roll on a PvP server they know what this means.
    Judging by the amount of whining that occurs when PVP happens on a PVP realm, no, they don't know what this means, and yes, they are stupid.

They must spend a lot of time wondering why they can't buy shoes at the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    They should've offered free transfers off PVP realms before they implemented crz(?). Seems pretty much pointless to play a game when people can easily interrupt your gameplay.
    How did CRZ change the fact people could PVP you while you level?

10+ Year Old Account

I like your idea 3, that way no more crying about grave camping.

Idea 2, might need some work. Whether the dead person come back for me or not, and if they are lower level and just want to level in peace, they most likely won't switch character. So now I am just stuck around for 5-10min. I MAY have a genuine fight coming for me, or I might just stand around for 5-10min? I would be more fine with it if the gankee ALSO cannot get away for 5-10min, so he would have nothing better to do than to come back on a different character and fight me there (which then the 10min timer will contune extending indefinitely)

*shrug* confirms what I already knew: if I want to play with sadists who derive pleasure from doing as much as possible to ruin the gameplay of another, I'll go to a PvP server.

Ganking is a fact of life on PvP servers, and given that that's most of the PvP you find on supposed "PvP" servers, I see no reason to play them. It's a shame, because every other MMO I've played I've gone to PvP straight off, but in WoW it's just not worth it.

Edit: I am also aware that many times, people gank because they're trying to lure higher level characters out to fight. Such people should not be rewarded with what they want. If they actually want to fight people their own level, there are plenty of places and ways to find such things without killing lowbies in the process.

It's like vanilla all over again. For some reason people are surprised by the fact that, given the opportunity to act like jerks, people act like jerks.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I would prefer the opposite regarding the guards in certain locations, though I think this is a topic that could even warrant its own thread. Granted, I do not know the status of all the areas and certain actions might be required in the scenario that they are completely unplayable for prolonged periods at a time. I'm also unsure whether buffing the guards through the roof is the ideal solution.

Seems like an unnecessarily artificial and inconvenient solution. I am open to the possibility of various "dishonoured" mechanics, but preventing the mounting of a flying mount doesn't make sense to me.

This sounds like a fair idea as long as it is designed properly to avoid abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Seems like an unnecessarily artificial and inconvenient solution. I am open to the possibility of various "dishonoured" mechanics, but preventing the mounting of a flying mount doesn't make sense to me.
    i get it so ill explain, most people that gank are scared of real pvp ie 90v 90 so when u log your main you'll fund your ganker safely in the air that way they avoid the "actual" pvp

implementing that idea would make the actual pvp fight possible and give chickens no where to hide.

if you are gona sit and gank lowbies you should be allowed to hide up in the sky

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i get it so ill explain, most people that gank are scared of real pvp ie 90v 90 so when u log your main you'll fund your ganker safely in the air that way they avoid the "actual" pvp

implementing that idea would make the actual pvp fight possible and give chickens no where to hide.

if you are gona sit and gank lowbies you should be allowed to hide up in the sky
    I understand the purpose the suggestion was conveying. I just think it would be both an out of touch and extremely clunky solution, and I would be surprised to see anything like that making it to the live product.

Still, the concept of dishonour does have potential, and I am not talking about the way dishonourable kills existed in the game before.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I understand the purpose the suggestion was conveying. I just think it would be both an out of touch and extremely clunky solution, and I would be surprised to see anything like that making it to the live product.

Still, the concept of dishonour does have potential, and I am not talking about the way dishonourable kills existed in the game before.
    tbh i doubt dishonorable kills would do anything unless ur own faction guards started attacking u after so many