Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    My opinion?

It might have helped cut down on the people complaining if they had done something like offer optional server transfers before they put CRZ in place.
    Why they would've/should've done that? This has been the main princible of PvP realms ever since their creation (This is not the first blue post stating this).

If people are unable to live with the consequences of their choices, it's their own mistake.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I think it's utter bs. The risk of "being attacked wherever/whenever" was removed with flying mounts. What we have now is a bastardization of world pvp with people swooping in, killing lowbies, and flying away and nothing more. Which is literally nothing like what the pvp in vanilla was like where even a level 54 could contribute heavily to a group fight or maybe defeat a level 60 and there would be CONSTANT battles around heavily contested areas with mats etc. and the only escape was managing to time your 3 second land mount in time to get away.

Nevermind most of the "profession node" battles the blue was referring to is you killing bots who usually don't even fight back.

There is no "server reputation" people can maintain by ganking others. Ganking now is griefing which is harassing and apparently that's ok now.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-12-06 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Ganking is the single and only purpose and intent of PvP realms.
    for.
    I don't want to offend you, but this is seriously one of the most retarded statements ever given.
    Try to get into PvP in the open world on PvE realms. You will maybe find one guy who just left a BG and one
    guy who has himself flagged. That's it. Because noone flags himself because noone wants to be the one guy that can be attacked, while all others can
    do w/e they want.
    On PvP servers though, you can attack other players as you wish. This includes people who want to do PvP. This includes people that change their
    gear after you killed them and try to kill you.
    Just won't happen on a PvP server

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Blizzard telling people that a PvP server is in fact PvP. I'm shocked. lol. I get the feeling many Blizzard posters have a good laugh when they read about people bitching about PvP realms. PvP realms have been in the game for 8 years. That won't ever change that's for sure. I guess the newer players can't handle it. You can be sure Vanilla/BC players (who are left anyways) don't care.
    Without even looking at the thread I already know the whiners are claiming the blue is trolling for saying pvp is meant to happen on pvp realms. I'm sure it will happen in this thread as well. It is rather shameful that people so blatantly make it clear how empty headed they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember leveling my Warlock in outlands during WOTLK. As soon as i stepped out of thallmar i got ganked by a 80 warrior.
    Did i bitch? Yup
    Did i whine? Yup
    Did i come up with a plan? Yup

Rezzed near the quest-giver group (with the horde elites). as soon as i saw the Warrior, Death coil, and started spamming fear. Death coil hit, and 1 out of 3 fears hit and he ran right into the group. I then had the pleasure of dotting him up and fearing him back into the group everytime he tried to escape.

He killed me about 4 times total.
    I never killed him
    The elites got him about 6 times.

Win

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I think it's utter bs. The risk of "being attacked wherever/whenever" was removed with flying mounts. What we have now is a bastardization of world pvp with people swooping in, killing lowbies, and flying away and nothing more.
    Logic would say that in fact this would contribute the "wherever/whenever" even more. But the criers of the PvP realm aren't really all that logical creatures in the first place to begin with so...
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I play a few alts on a pvp server, Emerald Dream, and I go out of my way not to gank people. I hate gankers, and I hate the attitude of hazing that goes along with it. That said, I know perfectly fucking well that's what a PVP server is for and I defend their behavior on principal.

I really hate the idea some people have the PVE servers are somehow for people who don't like to PVP. PVE servers are for people who don't like ganking but otherwise may like PVP, and you need to roll on a PVE server if ganking really bothers you.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Why they would've/should've done that? This has been the main princible of PvP realms ever since their creation (This is not the first blue post stating this).

If people are unable to live with the consequences of their choices, it's their own mistake.
    I didn't say they would've/should've done that, I said, in my opinion it would have cut down on the amount of people complaining.

The blue made it clear that an environment developed that they didn't intend (where especially on low population pvp realms people got used to not getting ganked or engaging in much pvp), and it seems obvious to me that people got used to it...which is why they're complaining that it changed.

Deleted
    In before

"It's a PvP realm get over it"
    "If it's red it's dead"
    "Log your main if you don't like it"
    "They are just trying to cause world PvP", 'cause it's not like they just run away once you log your main. Oh wait 90% of the time they do.

i like how blizzard can talk about pvp without acknowledging the retarded class representation of warriors and mages in high level arena play.

but what am I saying, blizzard is clueless when it comes to pvp balance.

Hell ya, way to go blue!!

Kill or be killed.

Otherwise... switch to a PvE server. End of story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Otherwise... switch to a PvE server. End of story.
    But then who will you be douchebagging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    i like how blizzard can talk about pvp without acknowledging the retarded class representation of warriors and mages in high level arena play.

but what am I saying, blizzard is clueless when it comes to pvp balance.
    Correct, still way offtopic. World PvP hasn't anything to do with high rated arena balance. Same with the topic.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    But then who will you be douchebagging ?
    My self.

as far as ganking goes, everyone on a pvp server goes through it (I have an alt on one), comes with the territory.

but then when you hit 90, you can make their alts cry until they log off, so it's all worth it in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    as far as ganking goes, everyone on a pvp server goes through it (I have an alt on one), comes with the territory.

but then when you hit 90, you can make their alts cry until they log off, so it's all worth it in the end.
    Cause every low level toon from the enemy faction, you see, is definitely an alt of those 4-5 idiots who griefed you leveling up weeks before.

My original toon was on a PVP server. I hated the experience but i never went and cried on the forum about it. I just transferred him to a PVE realm instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I think it's utter bs. The risk of "being attacked wherever/whenever" was removed with flying mounts. What we have now is a bastardization of world pvp with people swooping in, killing lowbies, and flying away and nothing more. Which is literally nothing like what the pvp in vanilla was like where even a level 54 could contribute heavily to a group fight or maybe defeat a level 60 and there would be CONSTANT battles around heavily contested areas with mats etc. and the only escape was managing to time your 3 second land mount in time to get away.

Nevermind most of the "profession node" battles the blue was referring to is you killing bots who usually don't even fight back.

There is no "server reputation" people can maintain by ganking others. Ganking now is griefing which is harassing and apparently that's ok now.
    Indeed. The world PVP that exists today is a total joke compared to the purer form from the start. You have flying mounts, HUGE population imbalances, enormous burst DPS even from low level characters, and lots of ilevels of gear.

I remember rolling over a level 60 night elf at Tarren Mill in my late 40s in vanilla and current circumstances would make something like that impossible today due to the above factors. It is nothing like the way it was and world PVP is in as sad a state as it has ever been.